It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of the Grey Menace!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Ok so we are getting a vast reduction in the amount of abduction cases, something that has been confirmed by several contactee groups, and ufologists. Apparently this has been reducing since the late nineties. Are they going to end? I personally have no idea, but there have been several posts on ATS by people who claim that all abductions will end this year!

The question is why? There are several speculations that come to mind.

Could it be that their genetic research is complete, and they are done with us? Or are they getting ready for the next step in their plan? Invasion? Introduction of hybrid clones?

Only time will tell. Post your opinions here!

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
There is another option here that you have not considered. Could it not be that they want to keep a low profile so are now targeting people that would not be aware of the reporting programs. This to me would seem IMO the more likely choice. For I don't believe that they are going to invade because with their level of technology they could do all the recon they would need in a matter of years. I think that they are just studying us for scientific purposes.
peace
Mr Mx

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Maybe their contract with the gov. is almost up LOL

I too would like to know why people have chosen this year and 2012 for some many different things to happen, I have heard that is to do with old Mayan prophieces, but not everyone who has stated that thing will come to an end or will change in some sort of way is reading the same prophieces. So yes I hope that these people will something interesting.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
My "abduction"/sleep paralysis experiences stopped about 11 years ago. I was 25.

The question you pose is seemingly a simple one, however when it comes to actually answering it, it becomes quite apparent that it is very complex, and depends on many factors and theories as well as idividual beliefs.

The first question that springs to my mind in trying to answer is:

1) On the assumption that abductions do occur - are the intentions malicious or purely scientific? (this does not include speculation on "breeding programs" or the like)

If, for scientific research - biological, societal, psychological, environmental etc etc...the ET would have more than enough information by now, and further abductions would no longer be required. By this stage in their research periodic "check ups" would suffice, moreso, as an advanced race I think they would be able to create a forecast/prediction for the human species based on their data and thus would simply continue to study from a distance as we follow along our predetermined/logical course.

If for malicious reasons humans are being abducted (war, infiltration and embedding of alien forces)- all of the above applies. Now that they have assembled the data and created a logical model of the human population, thay can sit back and wait for an opportunity to exact their will.

Now you get into a whole MESS of questions and theories - the camps are split - some of the population believes, others do not.

Some think aliens are our galactic Knights-in-Shining-Alloy - come from the stars to rescue us from ourselves...others campaign for TinHat Societies and preparing for the innevitable and veritable slaughter/enslavement of the human species.

Others still, believe we are to be incorporated into an Inter-Galactical Federation of Entities.

Still others believe it is all about genetic mutations and manipulations and human kind is the unwitting saviour of the ET species (damn that cloning!)...

You can see why I prefer to say I suffered from sleep paralysis rather than insist I was abducted huh?

At any rate, I think they (ET) have what they need for whatever they need it for - to the embetterment or demise of the human species - abduction reports will not likely stop entirely -

Abductions reports ending in 2006? Nah...even if Joe EBE lands on the front lawn of every government capital in the world at the same time - the reports will continue - they'll just get weirder.

I do try to think logicaly on occasion, and I'm led to believe that if ET wanted to run roughshod over human kind it could be done and could have been done. It hasn't as yet and so I'm thinking their purpose is one of science and research.

I mean humans are enthralled by the mysteries of the Oceans and Seas on Earth - ET has the universe as it's veritable Ocean...

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
Ok so we are getting a vast reduction in the amount of abduction cases, something that has been confirmed by several contactee groups, and ufologists. Apparently this has been reducing since the late nineties. Are they going to end? I personally have no idea, but there have been several posts on ATS by people who claim that all abductions will end this year!
The question is why? There are several speculations that come to mind.

Could it be that their genetic research is complete, and they are done with us? Or are they getting ready for the next step in their plan? Invasion? Introduction of hybrid clones?

I am a dubious that the number of abductions have truly lessened. We must not fall into believing propaganda or disinformation.

Have a link or two to corroborate this finding?

But if what you stated is correct, it still doesn't necessarily mean that the kidnappings are ending completely

As you alluded to, perhaps the goals of the long term breeding program are nearing fruition. Which indeed may lead to an official coup along with a publicly visible occupation force of Hybrids.

I think they are in for more than they bargain for.

[edit on 10-6-2006 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
You raise some interesting points. I am really not sure about the abduction thing, I'm treating it as if it IS real, however, and I intend none of my questions or statements to offend, but I understand that for someone with personal experience it's a touchy subject.

Originally posted by justgeneric
My "abduction"/sleep paralysis experiences stopped about 11 years ago. I was 25.

I have only the literature to go on here, but isn't it possible that the memory repression that can go with abduction experiences has just got better, and that you are still being abducted, but cannot remember it? I don't know how much you want to reveal about your own experiences but it seems like this is a possibility that you should think about and decide what things no longer happen thatn you can say with certainly, "I wasn't abducted".

[qupte]1) On the assumption that abductions do occur - are the intentions malicious or purely scientific? (this does not include speculation on "breeding programs" or the like)

I would hesitate to apply words like "malicious" to these entities. I would be extremely cautious ascribing normal human behaviour to them. Do you think it might be more useful to ash whether their plan - if such there be - would be beneficial or detrimental to the human race?

If, for scientific research - biological, societal, psychological, environmental etc etc...the ET would have more than enough information by now, and further abductions would no longer be required.

Off the top of my head I can think of another couple of reasons why abductions appear to be slacking off. Firstly the increased prevalence of digital cameras and camera phones means it's harder to continue as before; second, is it not possible that some kind of planetary defence exists which has, to some extent, worked?

By this stage in their research periodic "check ups" would suffice, moreso, as an advanced race I think they would be able to create a forecast/prediction for the human species based on their data and thus would simply continue to study from a distance as we follow along our predetermined/logical course.

It's also possible that a very long-term study is in progress. Environmental factors may be under observation, for instance. There is really no data that can be relied upon in this matter.

Abductions reports ending in 2006? Nah...even if Joe EBE lands on the front lawn of every government capital in the world at the same time - the reports will continue - they'll just get weirder.

I agree.

I do try to think logicaly on occasion, and I'm led to believe that if ET wanted to run roughshod over human kind it could be done and could have been done. It hasn't as yet and so I'm thinking their purpose is one of science and research.

I agree. Though there is also the possibility that we are just a farm for them. One thread which runs through a lot of different Grey narratives is the idea that we are "containers". The logical implication is that we are containers for souls and that they have something to do with this too, that what is going on is not confined to the merely biological-as-we-know-it. One website I saw ages ago, don't know if I could find it now, came up with a thought I rather liked: if Jesus was an example of alien influence, and he referred to himself as "the good shepherd", then we must be the sheep.

And what happens to sheep?

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
rich 23 is there anyway that you could go more into detail on the container for the soul theory, I am really interesting in reading more on that, as I have not heard much on that

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
For Coratra:

soul thread on ATS

More ATS thread - Soul

Rich23 -
Well...I haven't experienced anything in the last 11 years that could be chalked up to/remotely similar to, the sleep paralysis/"abduction" I experienced prior to turning 25. Now, as for the "technology" behind memory repression - are you meaning the aliens or are you meaning my own brain?

The brain is remarkable in it's powers to protect - I suppose it is possible that "I" have learned to repress memories better, but that I would highly doubt for no other reason than I am older, wiser and far more in tune with myself than I was at 25 and younger
My belief system has also changed - before 25 I thought UFOs and whatnot were fiction and sci fi - the stuff of movies and TV.

I'm reasonable certain, within a very small error %, that I am no longer being "abducted" or suffering sleep paralysis.

If you want a bit more info on my experiences (I've posted a few that were particularly weird (for me)) you can search for my posts

by rich23 - I would hesitate to apply words like "malicious" to these entities. I would be extremely cautious ascribing normal human behaviour to them. Do you think it might be more useful to ash whether their plan - if such there be - would be beneficial or detrimental to the human race?

Applying "human terms" to alien or other creatures is the human way. In order to understand how another species "might" behave - don't we first have to reflect on our own species and begin to theorize via comparison?

As for digital cameras and other recording devices - Oh I think the aliens - if real- would have a work around for that too. It's not like the majority of people have a digicam or otherwise strapped to themselves 24/7. How many people have seen UFOs and cursed themselves for NOT having their cameras with them? LOL

If they (ET) can get here, they can surely erase film, delete data and make impromtu visits at times when they aren't expected. It's not like they send an RSVP to abductees or anything right?

Long term data - humans make models constantly based on logical assumptions and computer generated data. Who's to say the aliens haven't done it and are just watching - tweaking data as required?

[edit on 6/10/2006 by justgeneric]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
My bad - see what happens when you're impatient!

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
SteveR

Actual abductions which were committed by a few races were decreased and have been completely ended. They were ended by the organization of visiting races and their human contactees, not by human authorities.

Appropriate contact is only increasing and becoming more productive as these humans learn about the alien races for themselves.

Fewer personal encounters are viewed by the contactee as "abduction" and fewer encounters are reported to either the public or human authorities.

As a human builds a relationship with his alien contacts, the work they do together does not necessarily require the human to report it. In fact, it's often more productive and safer for the human if he does not.

The Greys are not a menace but the disinformation about them certainly is.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Now you get into a whole MESS of questions and theories - the camps are split - some of the population believes, others do not.

Some think aliens are our galactic Knights-in-Shining-Alloy - come from the stars to rescue us from ourselves...others campaign for TinHat Societies and preparing for the innevitable and veritable slaughter/enslavement of the human species.

Others still, believe we are to be incorporated into an Inter-Galactical Federation of Entities.

Still others believe it is all about genetic mutations and manipulations and human kind is the unwitting saviour of the ET species (damn that cloning!)...

Remember that this is all about believing in something.
Theres never been actual facts or credible evidence that the whole grey theory is true.Thats also why most of the population is not believing in this and i really dont blame them for not doing so.This whole grey thing is just a shot in the dark, a wild gues and nothing more.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Are alien abductions decreasing? This is the first time Ive heard of it. Do you have sources?

If the number of abductions are indeed decreasing, this could indicate a number of factors, for those who believe in the reality of alien abductions.

1. Whatever it was they were doing has either yeiled the desired results and they are now figuring out what to do next with the data or whatever they collected.
2. They are going on to the next stage of whatever it was they were doing on the bigger whole.
3. Through reverse engineering of alien technology, the government has managed to create an effective defense against them.
4. Something else has happened, maybe some sort of interference, that is disrupting whatever it is they are dong.
5. They have came for what they wanted, and now will leave.
6. The abductions arent decreasing in number, but perhaps the aliens have become alot better at hiding their activities.

A few things to bear in mind. Though alien abduction came to light on a large scale in the 80's, the abductees were reporting experiences that were happening in the 1950's-1970's. So we can look at the abduction phenomenon really as starting in the 1950's. one must look at demographics here.

The 1950's and 1960's were the babyboom years. If you look at many of the abductees that were reporting their experiences in the 1980's and 1990's, they were born during the babyboom. As the baby boom slowed down and birthrates dropped, we have a lower pool of individuals from which to abduct. Since there are fewer GenerationXers than Baby Boomers, there are fewer potential abductees.

Anyone who studies the alien abduction phenomenon knows that generally, abductions usually start in childhood, then spike during the reproductive years, then start drastically dropping off. This is believed to be because the aliens prime motives for abduction involve human reproduction and sexuality.

The baby Boomers are now entering their golden years, well past their reproductive lives. Since they were the largest population group of the time, it would seem plausible that since they are now much older, they are being abducted less. The following generations have tended to be smaller, and thus, the number of potential abductees has also decreased. In otherwards, less reproductive aged humans, less abductions.

But for a better look into this, we need to see if abduction numbers truly are dropping, and if so, are they world wide? Since abduction crosses national boundaries, it would be worth looking into to see if global abductions are also dropping. it could give us a better idea which direction to take.

However, I do not believe contactees or contacee groups as reliable sources of anything, and if they are the only source of information stating abductions are dropping, I would be highly skeptical. There is a big difference between contactees and abductees.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Im surprised no one has said this yet, but you left out one option, it never happened and people have given up on trying to make beleivers out of everyone. No offence to anyone who has been, but you cant just put points up that positively light your point of view and leave out all the others.

Im on the fence about abduction. Dont beleive it, dont disbeleive it.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Delirious
Im surprised no one has said this yet, but you left out one option, it never happened and people have given up on trying to make beleivers out of everyone. No offence to anyone who has been, but you cant just put points up that positively light your point of view and leave out all the others.

Im on the fence about abduction. Dont beleive it, dont disbeleive it.

probably because its very unlikely that it was all made up. The stories are similar and cross national boundaries, race, gender, and age divisions. People don't make up such similar and detailed accounts that match worldwide.

Also, it is unlikely many would have made up such stories. The abductees weren't all trailer trash living in Arkansas. Many were professionals are respectable citizens who had far more to lose, and sometimes did, by reporting such accounts.

Though you are free to your opinion, I did not include the possibility of it all being unreal because this thread was not aboutwhether or not abductions happened, but why they are allegedly decreasing.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Oh no? What about ghosts? Ghosts have been passed down from generation to generation in almost every race on the face of the earth, yet no proof of them has been found.

Its very similar, someone "sees" a ghost in a house, or grave yard and suddenly every person who goes there sees the same ghost. For generations after that that same ghost is seen. Why is it so hard to beleive that a random number of people had a dream, or had an hallucination and told someone who found the idea thrilling, or the idea acted upon their imagination and then they themselves had the experience?

EDIT: Everyone sees except for the people that dont beleive that is, very much like ET Abduction. If there is anyone here who was a true, hardcore skeptic of this and then got abducted id really like to hear it. Seriously, it would be interesting to hear them tell it.

[edit on 11-6-2006 by Delirious]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Its either the fad has ended or they have been able to gather enough of whatever they needed and there like waiting and planning. Like in war of the worlds, god that would suck......

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Delirious
Oh no? What about ghosts? Ghosts have been passed down from generation to generation in almost every race on the face of the earth, yet no proof of them has been found.

Its very similar, someone "sees" a ghost in a house, or grave yard and suddenly every person who goes there sees the same ghost. For generations after that that same ghost is seen. Why is it so hard to beleive that a random number of people had a dream, or had an hallucination and told someone who found the idea thrilling, or the idea acted upon their imagination and then they themselves had the experience?

EDIT: Everyone sees except for the people that dont beleive that is, very much like ET Abduction. If there is anyone here who was a true, hardcore skeptic of this and then got abducted id really like to hear it. Seriously, it would be interesting to hear them tell it.

[edit on 11-6-2006 by Delirious]

The difference being, that ghost stories have not declined in the thousands of years people have been telling them. The number of people who report or believe in ghosts hasn't signifigantly dropped off. people still believe in ghosts and still report them.

Contrary to your assumption, most people who believe they have been abducted did not believe in aliens prior to the abduction. They had no interest in the subject. It was only after they started having problems, lost memory, missing time, strange feelings, and various physical anomolies did they go to see what was wrong, and many had vague memories of the incident.

There are quite a few cases I have read of people who were quite skeptical before they had abduction experiences.

I would suggest reading the following books:

Close Encounters of the Fourth Kind, by C.D.B. Bryan, Night Seige by Philip Imbrogno and Bob Pratt, The Uninvited by Nick Pope, Missing Time by Bud Hopkins for starters. they all have accounts of people who were definitely not believers in UFOs or aliens and who were pretty normal before their experiences.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Skadi,

I had no idea you were so learned in this thread topic and I applaud your judicious responses.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Perhaps the greys have gotten a way to keep an extremely low profile and people are forgetteing events? The greys can advance to get a better hiding system.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
Skadi,

I had no idea you were so learned in this thread topic and I applaud your judicious responses.

Thanks. I have gathered most of my UFO information from reading books on the subject, and since alien abductions were a big part of it, I felt I needed to look into both sides of the issue before I formed an opinion.

When you read more about alien abduction from either serious researchers or neutral, non-biased ones, you will find alot of interesting information, even if you do not believe in them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join