It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

scientific explination of ghosts/spirits and other 'unseen' stuffs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Gas Giants!?!?

I just want to take a little jaunt to the moon... you know once around the block?

Okay adding 10 mil to the budjet...

So how much do them extra coils run... might want extras...

Now only one question...

ummm if a coil fails and you go atomic... and you can't turn it off...

how do you change a coil

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Now only one question...

ummm if a coil fails and you go atomic... and you can't turn it off...

how do you change a coil

EVA. Have spacesuit will travel. That's the one that will separate the truckdrivers from the pros.

Procedure would have backup coil on the effected stator arm automatically engaged, a really heroic crewmember would have to EVA, open the cowling, trace the break or short, and surgically repair the coil.

Here, let me explain further.

The virtual electron field is generated at the edge of the craft. Most if not all space within the field allows weightlessness and even some inertia free environment. The stators are stationary. The arms of the armature turn between the stators. That's all fer now.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanstheman
Wasn't this the experiment explained in the beginning of Michael Critchon's book, "Timeline"? It sounds like string theory to me.

That was a good book! I forgot about Critchon. I use to read every book a favorate author wrote. I got too busy to read a book a day and forgot about most of my favorates!

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS... I never know if the people are being silly and just coming up with silly stuff on purpose (like role playing), or if some are actualy meaning what they say.

Angela sweetheart, sometimes we don't know for sure either. I know I mean what I say, but I have only the good word of others to go on. Zorgon, well, he is a kidder, but that comes with advanced social skills. I have no take on Kosol, I have no idea what his humor is, so I take everything he says siriusly.

LOL
There have been soooo many times I wanted to play around on ATS or BTS, but I just know that someone will take me seriously and I'll be thought of as a nutcase from then on. LOL!

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   

As to my request for transport to the moon, that is very serious.

If a little green guy, a big grey guy, or mr. science holding the keys to the newest rocketship came to me and asked me to go to the moon... they could beg me and add a several million or billion dollar paycheck to sweeten the deal - and you still wouldn't be able to force me into it.

FREAK ME OUT! I mean, you 'crash' or run out of air or or fuel or have a little problem with landing - that's it - your done. And there's no one out there to help you. No 911!

Nope, I couldn't do it. I'm chicken.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Area 51?

Wow- not a thingthere to look at is there? But isn't that underground or something?

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS

FREAK ME OUT! I mean, you 'crash' or run out of air or or fuel or have a little problem with landing - that's it - your done. And there's no one out there to help you. No 911!

Its okay really... we are only going to the big mining operation in Copernicus Crater... lots of help air and water there

That is if they don't shoot us down before they get there... that would be bad!

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   

EVA. Have spacesuit will travel. That's the one that will separate the truckdrivers from the pros.

Okay so you CAN go through the field? Just how many are we going to have room for? I mean if we need a brave mechanic and a pilot... can't have the pilot do both because if something goes wrong you would be stuck

Procedure would have backup coil on the effected stator arm automatically engaged, a really heroic crewmember would have to EVA, open the cowling, trace the break or short, and surgically repair the coil.

No way to make an automatic replacer? Or will that be in the next model?

Here, let me explain further.

The virtual electron field is generated at the edge of the craft. Most if not all space within the field allows weightlessness and even some inertia free environment. The stators are stationary. The arms of the armature turn between the stators. That's all fer now.

Yup knew about the field being at the edge... had that one back in high school

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Area 51?

Wow- not a thingthere to look at is there? But isn't that underground or something?

Well that image is zoomable and you can see airplanes and cars and all the surface buildings... but I am sure they wouldn't leave a saucer just parked on the runway for a satelite to photograph... Theses guys stop work because they spot some guys on the next mountain with binoculars... I am sure they know when the satelites fly over head.

Beside to us here in Nevada its not that secret... the gray/blue unmarked planes leave McCarren every morning to take the workers there... LOL

I have always said to find secret bases follow the stomach... food and workers leave trails a mile wide

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgonOkay so you CAN go through the field?

Hmm. I never thought about going topside. I don't think a human being can go through it. That will mean a top hatch as well as a bottom hatch. There is no way to get around two airlocks? Probably not huh. I'd say use the topside airlock for storage until needed.

Just how many are we going to have room for? I mean if we need a brave mechanic and a pilot... can't have the pilot do both because if something goes wrong you would be stuck

True. I estimate a crew of four. Pilot, mechanic, geophyscist, and a hairdresser.
Actually that last position will most likely be filled with a watchdog from the State Department, we could hold him as collateral so we won't get shot down.

No way to make an automatic replacer? Or will that be in the next model?

Later generations may not even have coils. This crate is just to get us up there! I think it would be pretty daring to go interstellar distances, but I believe it would be possible. Two weeks out is the longest, and it would take three days to reach light speed, three days to brake, same for return, so that leaves two days for exploration. It could do the Moon in a matter of hours, leaving thirteen days to explore. At least with solar exploration you could still watch your grandkids grow up, but forget that for the big stuff.

Yup knew about the field being at the edge... had that one back in high school

Not trying to partonize, just in case it came across that way

To recap:

48 coils (24 backups)
12 stator arms
13 armature arms
4 person crew
2 weeks supplies and air
2 hatches and airlocks
2 spacesuits

This updates my original plans with 6 stator arms, 12 coils, 5 armature arms, one airlock, and one week supplies and air. The overall size doubles to accomodate the extras, so I am still not sure about that cost. We could go with the old one just for a Moonshot, then upgrade to the larger model if cost becomes an obstacle.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Hmm. I never thought about going topside. I don't think a human being can go through it. That will mean a top hatch as well as a bottom hatch. There is no way to get around two airlocks? Probably not huh. I'd say use the topside airlock for storage until needed.

Well not unless you can hold your breath a long time, want to spend the trip in a space suit, or vent all your O2 into space everytime. Seems two airlocks is wise...

True. I estimate a crew of four. Pilot, mechanic, geophyscist, and a hairdresser.
Actually that last position will most likely be filled with a watchdog from the State Department, we could hold him as collateral so we won't get shot down.

OOOO I like that "hostage" idea... but would have to be someone high up... I hear tell that even their guys are expendable

Later generations may not even have coils. This crate is just to get us up there! I think it would be pretty daring to go interstellar distances, but I believe it would be possible. Two weeks out is the longest, and it would take three days to reach light speed, three days to brake, same for return, so that leaves two days for exploration. It could do the Moon in a matter of hours, leaving thirteen days to explore. At least with solar exploration you could still watch your grandkids grow up, but forget that for the big stuff.

Lets do local for now. Interstellar you better make sure that geophyscist is good at math... The planet doesn't stand still you know... moves a couple million miles a second....

With only 2 space suits you will need straws...

We could go with the old one just for a Moonshot, then upgrade to the larger model if cost becomes an obstacle.

How much storage space? No way in hades am I going up there without my rock pick! Besides that would finance the next model

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Its okay really... we are only going to the big mining operation in Copernicus Crater... lots of help air and water there

That is if they don't shoot us down before they get there... that would be bad!

Will they have stores, is my money good there? They have chocolate right?

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon With only 2 space suits you will need straws...

They cost at least $1M apeice. Five to be on the safe side, but we are looking at $45-50M now, I think it is time to stop. Unless you can get some at discount from our Ruskie friends, but forget the warranty...

This is just like designing a submarine, but instead a huge hulkin' motor to sit inside of. I doubt if we will be taken seriously, seeing everything else serious is not taken seriously.

As I said, I take it siriusly.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS Will they have stores, is my money good there? They have chocolate right?

If I knew chocolate was the way to get you on board I would have thought of that much earlier!

But for the investors I am afraid it will take more than chocolates.

Zorgon, make a note to store a few pounds of chocolate on board.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Will they have stores, is my money good there? They have chocolate right?

Gonna go out on a limb here, but judging by the size of the operation, I am sure they would have a well stocked commisary...

This little ship was caught hovering over near Holden Crater in 1946 by the Lick observatory... its not in pictures the next day...

Oh did I say "little"...hmmmm Wonder if its from Sirius?

As for the investors, maybe we can tell them we will bring them some Naquada? I'm sure there must be other deposits... I don't think the guys up there have all the mineral rights yet... besides we wouldn't need much..

But don't forget moon rock sells a few million per ounce... oh wait... news flash just came in on da wire...

VALLETTA, Malta (AP) -- A tiny moon rock believed to be worth about $5 million was stolen from a museum in Malta, 30 years after President Richard Nixon donated it to the Mediterranean island nation.

The theft from the Museum of Natural History in Mdina was discovered Tuesday during a routine check, officials said. A protective cover of plastic had been forced open to take the rock, which was the size of a raisin.

Sooo as I was saying... a few pounds of ordinary rock oughta cover the investor... if we get it before there is a rush...

And we keep the Naquada for us...

BTW what is HE3 worth these days and what can we do with that?... Seems they are mining that too...

The moon is said to have an abundance of Helium 3, in fact somewhere around 1,100,000 metric tonnes. In retrospect it will take only an estimated 100 tonnes to power the earth for a year. the Chinese plan to land on the moon in 2017 to do research on the moon and to look for Helium 3. The following year, the United States of America plans to return to the moon and set up a base. Should the US try to speed things up so that they claim the rights to the Helium 3?

Chineese are in for a BIG surprize...

[edit on 2-10-2006 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Chocolate, check.
Now as far as investers... no problem. Just tell them there was a large diposit of organic substance found just below the surface... and that this substance is being tested as a alternate clean fuel source.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join