It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

72 Virgins or 72 Raisins???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
It's a translator's worst nightmare, no? A text written in at least 3 different languages, used interchangeably for poetic effect.

IIRC, that's where the confusion stems from. Whether a particular word is best translated as X or Y is something that has to be debated in terms of aesthetics, not fact.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
think of all the money we can save by dropping raisins in Iraq and Afghanistan. An added bonus, we can ship those annoying singing raisins over to the middle east and let them entertain the muslims. Appearing tonight at Mecca, 1 night only, THE CALIFORNIA RAISINS!!!!

It is now highly suggested that the European leaders and President AhmenilongnameIcan'tspell of Iran meet and negotiate over a bowl of raisins and hammer out a deal.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Its seems some scholars now think the fate of Martyrs as told in the Koran is not 72 virgins but rather 72 white grapes or white raisins thanks to a mistranslation from Aramaic.

All I can say is, if the Islamic people think they get 72 virgins in their heaven, what would be so great about THAT? I mean, ONLY 72?? I thought this was HEAVEN!!! There should be an unlimited amount! What happens after you bust all 72? You have NONE!

But if they REALLY wanted to make it good, instead of promising 72 virgins (who you KNOW are going to be inexperienced... they're VIRGINS after all)
Wouldn't it be even better to promise 72 (or even just ONE) WILDCAT of a woman, who would do whatever you wanted, & REALLY blow your mind???

Silly Islams! They need a MUCH better marketing gimmik!!!

[edit on 16-6-2006 by marko1970]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowXIX

They are female virgins whose hymen are intact.

55:074:Lam YATMITHHUNNA insun qablahum wala jannun

55:074: Whom no man or jinn YATMITHHUNNA (has opened their hymens with sexual intercourse)

55:056 Feehinna qasiratu alttarfi lam YATMITHHUNNA insun qablahum wala jannun

55:056 Wherein both will be those (maidens) restraining their glances upon their husbands, whom no man or jinn yatmithhunna (has opened their hymens with sexual intercourse) before them.

If anybody has an iota of doubt find out what YATMITHHUNNA means.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I can picture it now, in Heaven, they are printing these T shirts:

"I fought jihad and all I got were these stupid raisins"

I guess the promise of virgins is more marketable among radicals.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Now I know its near impossible to find even ten virgins in all of christendom, but noything is impossible for God and the same reward was offered to the christians beforehand;

And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left his wife...... for my sake, and the gospel's, But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, and in the world to come, eternal life. But many that are first shall be last; and the last first. Mark 10:29-31

Look like only the last of Ibraheem's children (the muslims) believe in the promise.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
One thing that has always puzzled me is what Islam offers to a woman martyring herself.

They appear to suffer a good deal from cultural limitations, and nothing I have been able to find on the internet says what a woman gets in Paradise.

However, if it is all muslims who supposedly get the luscious bounty of paradise, complete with the grapes, that at least might make some sense, unless there is something about 72 studs for the ladies.

As for that unending erection, well, I prefer to actually get all the way to ecstasy!

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DreamTrekker

The thing is, as I've pointed out in another thread, the words used in the Quran isn't really 'virgins'. As far as traditional interpretation of the verse goes, it basically translates into 'Pure companions, with beautiful eyes'. It doesn't even specify a gender.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join