It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA Traitors of WWII 'Project Paperclip'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
What I want to know is anyones opinions on 'project paperclip' and the impact it has had on the world today. 'project paperclip' was basicaly the Americans stealing German scientists after the war had ended. To me this is disgraceful and deserves a discussion. So make your point known!

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros
What I want to know is anyones opinions on 'project paperclip' and the impact it has had on the world today. 'project paperclip' was basicaly the Americans stealing German scientists after the war had ended. To me this is disgraceful and deserves a discussion. So make your point known!

what do you mean by stealing?

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Do you mean that mind control project? Sorta like mkultra?

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Had we not won the war when we did and had those scientists not gone to the US, it's quite possible we'd be reading about Washington D.C. and New York City in our history-books as opposed to Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

...to say nothing about us Americans "speaking German" which everyone loves to say around here....

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Hiring foreign scientists isn't disgraceful. Hiring foreign scientists that have committed war crimes is. Many of the Germans picked up in Operation Paperclip were, as I understand it, guilty of crimes against humanity, and those crimes were overlooked if they agreed to work for the Americans.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Nazi scientists were, dare I say it, incredibly ahead of their time. A lot of technology today is derived from Nazi technology, not just things like the nuclear bomb (a negative) but also their propulsion technology in the V2 was the birth of space travel I believe. Rumour has it they were experimenting with far more advanced systems which we today associate with UFOs. Germany was devolping flying discs at the time.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I read a book a long time ago - remember it was a damn good one - about the history of the U.S. space race told from the viewpoint of one person. Authors last name started with M . . .?

Anyways, he told the story of the German scientists, and how they were worked under the Nazi regime, and then they had to flee as the war ended because the Nazi's wanted to kill them to stop them helping other countries, and then they had to worry about the Russians sweeping in and forcing them to work in the Soviet programme; and finally they found the Americans, who were searching for them anyway. Took em back to the States, and got them all working on rocket programs in nice conditions. Von Braun was rapt that he could finally build a rocket that was not meant to kill other people (i.e. Saturn V)

top topics

join