It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Criss Angel Discussion- Know about his tricks here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I have been learning magic for over 10 years, and what Criss Angel does is totally fake.
He fools people with camera tricks and mirrors... and the audience is paid to stand there and act like they do not know him or they dont know what the heck is going on, just like David Copperfield did when he disappeared the Statue of Liberty, and everyone acted like he had in fact banished the 225tons statue.
You can find hundreds of his stupid tricks at www.penguinmagic.com and hundreds of other places... you will also find tricks from David Blaine, and then you will understand that all you need is money to perform these types of tricks and not any special power which they do not have. After you know how "tv magic" works you will probably stop watching those stupid shows, and you will wonder why Criss never performs in theaters for the public...and thats because he cant fly, levitate nor do any of those so called amazing tricks that fool people every week.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Redblood -

Why are you disparaging your own hobby?

Anyone that knows the slightest bit about magic knows that it is based on manipulation and distraction for its effictiveness. I lost my ignorance of "magic" a long time ago when I found out that the levitating person on stage that the magician passes solid rings around was actually raised and held in place on the stage by a forklift poking through the curtains from behind.

So what?

It is still entertaining for me to watch and see if I can figure out how and what the magician is doing to try to fool me. I enjoy watching the physical manipulation of props after I know the secret behind it because I can watch the magician and judge how much time and effort he/she has put into the rehearsal beforehand. I don't yell out, "It's fake! I know how it is done! I have seen this one before!" I sit back and watch those around me show amazement on the faces because they don't know how the trick works.

My youngest son is 9, and he has been interested in magic for several years now. He kept pestering me about how the tricks worked when we have seen magicians perform (I do a couple tricks too) and so I took him to a very small magic shop that is nearby, and we purchased some "starter" tricks for him. It blew his illusionment of "magic", but he is having fun performing the tricks for us, our relatives and some of his friends.

It's fine with me if you want to debunk the major illusionists around, but I think most people know that it is all trickery. They may not know the "how" or the "what", but they know it is just a trick.

Just have fun with it.

Cheers,

JDub

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
They are entertainers.

Master illusionists.

Their job is to entertain the crowd, be it on TV or in person and make money.

They're not really claiming to be able to summon demons, raise the dead, or whatever.

It's supposed to be fun to watch.

I guess it's not fun for everyone...

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Levitate like Criss, with magnetic shoes..

media.putfile.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by redblood
I have been learning magic for over 10 years, and what Criss Angel does is totally fake.
He fools people with camera tricks and mirrors... and the audience is paid to stand there and act like they do not know him or they dont know what the heck is going on, just like David Copperfield did when he disappeared the Statue of Liberty, and everyone acted like he had in fact banished the 225tons statue.
You can find hundreds of his stupid tricks at www.penguinmagic.com and hundreds of other places... you will also find tricks from David Blaine, and then you will understand that all you need is money to perform these types of tricks and not any special power which they do not have. After you know how "tv magic" works you will probably stop watching those stupid shows, and you will wonder why Criss never performs in theaters for the public...and thats because he cant fly, levitate nor do any of those so called amazing tricks that fool people every week.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
man i laughed wen he posted this camara tricks my foot i saw him do the
levetation in vegas wen i went there 4 vacation i was like WTF

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by redblood

ya i know criss angle is fake but its fun watching

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmanyea
man i laughed wen he posted this camara tricks my foot i saw him do the