It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why people dont believe in UFOS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I think why people dont believe in UFOS are because they are scared of the truth, they are so brainwashed from the mass media that aliens and ufos are for looneys people who dont no the difference between reality and fantasy, i think if a sceptic saw a ufo land in front of them they still would not believe it was a ufo, if you believe in god or ghosts or any other thing that cant be proved by scientists why is it so hard to believe that we are beign visited by beigns from another world ,everyone has a right to believe in what they want to but why if i said i believed in ufos to the public i must be a weirdo, most my friends dont believe in ufos and when i start to talk to them about them they always try to change the subject, i am tired of trying to get people to have a opened mind and that its not a black and white world theres grey in the middle just waiting for people to find out that theres so much to this world and universe that we dont no im just glad theres sites sites like this and people out there who are fighting for the things that the majority of people dont see and the miniroty of people on this subject that do believe THANK YOU.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a lack of concrete evidence...

that's the main reason

i personally don't "believe" in anything, i am one of those people that requires empyrical evidence that points to something's existence.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I dont know about the rest of you, but i cant mention "UFO" without being chastised and embarrased by my family. I believe its denial- they are afraid of something they cannot explain.

Same with the government- Lets not talk about something we cannot explain!!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
a lack of concrete evidence...

that's the main reason

i personally don't "believe" in anything, i am one of those people that requires empyrical evidence that points to something's existence.

Yup what madness said....lack of hard evidence....till the day one magicallly crashes in a sub urban area....people are not going ot believe.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I believe
. I'd really like to see one. It's not fair that so many others get to see UFOs but I don't.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
It might have some thing to do with how many hoaxes have taken place over time. And some of the proponents of UFOlagy that we see in the mainstream media are less then credible. UFO shows tend to be cheesy with low production standards and laughably bad music. They tend to show pics that are obviously fake or easily explained all this adds to most people dismissing credible evidence photos or videos.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudCanadian
I believe
. I'd really like to see one. It's not fair that so many others get to see UFOs but I don't.

This is exactly how I used to think before I saw one about 8 years ago.
I never had any problem in their existence before my sighting and obviously have no problem with belief in their existence now.

I also used to think that perhaps because I already believed in their existence there was no great need for me to personally witness one.
However I was glad I did.

Not so glad that my camera that I had used to photograph it mysteriously was nowhere to be found apon waking the next day.

I suppose I was asking too much, to be a witness and get to keep some proof.

[edit on 10-6-2006 by point]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
People don't think by themselves, this is the main reason. One evidence amongst others is this video:

video.google.com...

But some people will say it's simply ice crystals, dust particles from the space shuttle, meteorites or stars but it's not. Stationary pulsating objects in an heptagonal formation is the best proof of another intelligent form of life.

[edit on 10-6-2006 by D1ssient]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I would like to know is that video was released from nasa or how did it get in the publics hands

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I think a lot of it is down to the way UFOs are reported in the media, any story is ridiculed and made out to be light-hearted. You wouldn't think the media could have such an influence but it does, and for example advertising can convince people of the most dubious things (anti-ageing creams, magic yoghurts that make you lose weight
etc).

The apparent lack of support from scientists or any willingness to admit something might be going on is another factor, but again that comes down to the media as some credible witnesses do come forward, only to be dismissed. And the rigid nature of scientific research when everything is peer-reviewed and unusual research won't get funding isn't reported either.

Lack of hard evidence could be the reason, but I don't think it's the most important one, as people believe lots of things without hard evidence, such as religion (sort of different, but an example nonetheless).

To make them believe someone with serious levels of credibility (thinking of Presidents and prime ministers here), and probably more than one person, needs to state at least that there is something going on that we don't know about. But for whatever reason, it hasn't happened yet.

Without that we really are faced with the situation where alien spaceships could land, aliens walk out and look around and people would still believe it was a hoax. Sad really.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I,ts fear of the unknown..

Why don,t you want to move to a better town?

why don,t you take that job you,ve been offered?

why don,t you finish that dwindling relationship and move on?

Simple.. because it,s comfortable waking up and knowing the world is where you left it the night before!!

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I have to agree with the above poster. The way how I see it is like this; subconsiously humans tend to deny everything that they either don't understand or scare them. Besides is the believe system build for hundreds of years and is hard to break it (even if one doesn't believe in God). So in a certain way is fear from the unknwon, fear from confrontatoin a intelligence far superior then ours. Fear of ridicule from others. And fear from the phenomena it self.
The list of reason could be long... I just mentioned few of them...

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
sooo geeky XD

Thats a response at youtube on one of my posted videos.

He seems to enjoy cartoons perhaps he is a cartoonist, that term
is from the controlling media. He is posted as 21 years old.

This is from one posted as 15 years old:

wow i did not get a word of this, im sure it had a great meaning
but make it a bit more simple to learn cause a lot of things where
probley easier to understand in your head.

Not bad, there is hope.

The text of the talk is posted but diagram might have gotten them
to look.

OK its my theory on ball lightning and UFO propulsion so not expecting
much from anti-gravity and ET people.

The media leads the sheep, talk of UFOs on FOX NEWS does not mean we
don't have them. No interviews on FOX with ETs might be the right thing
to do.

Lot of UFOs in Australia and isn't FOX NEWS owned by an Aussie.

Best to ats and its members, keep on truckn'.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
For some, they get a perverse pleasure from the attention they get from us trying to prove to them UFOs do exist. And others, just don't care enough about it... if it isn't on the TV box news channel then it isn't real.

If one rationally looks at ALL the credible evidence out there, I feel it can be proven that an unknown aerial phenomenon is occuring as we have plenty of documentation of such... The hard part is finding concensus regarding THE CAUSE. Swamp gas, Venus, the military, aliens, Elvis, etc.

[edit on 20-2-2007 by Stale Cracker]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   

if it isn't on the TV box news chanel then it isn't real.
Hear hear. We humans have degraded into living life by the box. If the box tells us UFOs are to be ridiculed and considered phony then that is by all means what equals the general truth to mankind. "But surely humans have evolved past this point, making decisions on their own, looking at the evidence from their own point of view?" Hah! Only a fraction of humans actually think by themselves it seems. The rest won't bother with what's true or not, ask for a source on the stuff they absorb on the TV, nor even Try to get a real perspective on Anything that TV doesn't concern, it's just that simple.

The masses absorbs everything that's on TV. TV feeds the masses stupid things, often only being concerned about ratings. TV = stupid masses.

There's nothing we can do really. As long as the people in charge of TV only think about money the masses will maintain their stupidity.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
UfOs are simply unidentified flying objects. They are unexplained.

Besides, what is there to belive when it comes to UFOs?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
what about Ghost. that is more acceptable than UFO,
i remeber last year. it was a photo of a girl and a litel Ghost boy wander around on the Cellphone, this was in norway, 99 % belive it was real,
i was the onely one in my class that said it was a hoax,
i was called stupid to say so. guess who had right. Me, after some month it was confurme it was hoax, knowe lot of people that belive in ghost, and not in UFO,

Ghost it just as hard then UFO to explane,

so why is Ghost more acceptable then UFO?

[edit on 20-2-2007 by HDD09]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Well you have to understand that Humanity has been believing in religions for thousands of years. Because of this, its hard to just "let go" and embrace something else. It was even hard for me to except that my religion may be false. The good news is that as the years pass, more and more people are starting to wake up and realize that ETs just may exist and the ufo phenomenon might be real. In 20 years the entire nation is gonna believe.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
People fear the unknown, people want to life in their own world. Yet they have no evidence for god but still believe in "god".

The ufo "believers" have evidence to support their "believes" and yet they are still called insane and nobody takes them serious, they're labeled as nuts.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I believe in the probable existance of extra terrestrial life, simply because it seems incredibly arrogant of humans to assume we are alone in this vast universe.

However, I cannot accept that contact has been made. I will continue to remain sceptical without empirical evidence.

The bad press and glory hunters this whole issue attracts doesn't help anyone sort the wheat from the chaff. Until proof positive is provided, it will remain a fringe interest and source of amusement for those people who are too narrow minded to even consider the possibilities.

What is interesting is that Governments have spent time, money and resources investigating the phenomenon. I also think that had they found the proof, we would be the last to find out.

The waters are far too muddy for me at the moment. I'll remain open minded, sceptical to a degree but with hope that one day I'll see something to finally convince me.

Just my 2p worth

Grey

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join