It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bow Story, Happened Just Today +question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Ive got a Browning Rage. I shoot everyday now since id say feb. or march. Ive had it since august but been so busy I haven't had much time to shoot till then. Anyway I was shooting today and I was having some really good sets. I must have shot about 5-6 sets of 4 arrows. I was on my 6-7 set, shot 3 arrows, all nicely placed. Im pulling back my forth arrow, and I hear a loud *SNAP!*. I immediately jerk my head back and look to the right while dropping the bow straight to the ground. Lucky I did it extremely quickly because the entire string snapped. It caught my arm pretty good and I got a good bruise from it, but didn't catch my face. Now I probably shoot 30 shots a day. its been about 90 days. so that only a bit over half of what Im suppose to shoot before getting the strings changed (5000). Also it hasn't been a year, which is another one where I am supposed to get it changed. So its been less then 3000 shots (5000 is when im suppose to get it changed) and only 9-10 months(12 is recommended change to avoid snapping).

What should I do?

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Also I called customer service and they said that it wasn't covered yet the manual say replace it every 5000 shots or 12 months, I got to neither. So should I go to the store that I bought it at (Harrys army and navy) and complain to get it fixed because of that for free, should I just buy a new string all together and get it replaced (not wanting to because low on money from some recent buys)?

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Ok, I'd say call customer service back up and ask why this sort of thing isn't covered. Tell them that they are giving you [and every other customer] a false advertisement that the bows will last for 5000 shots or 12 months. If you don't get a change in tone from the representative, ask for a manager, if they say one isn't available, ask to be transfered to another representative. Keeping hounding them about the false claims of the strings integrity, sooner or later they're bound to give up and then they'll do their job and please the customer.

Also, if I could, I would like to have the number to the company. I want to call them and see what they say.

Good Luck Grim.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
If its your string that snapped, you'll have a hell of a time trying to get some kind of warranty action. The string is like the brakes on your car...subject to wear and tear. Unless you can prove you religiously waxed your string and absolutely prevented any kind of damage.....I'd say, just suck it up and have a new string installed.

Added this: The manual's recommended change interval is not considered a guarantee or warranty that it will last that long.

[edit on 9-6-2006 by MrPenny]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
If its your string that snapped, you'll have a hell of a time trying to get some kind of warranty action. The string is like the brakes on your car...subject to wear and tear. Unless you can prove you religiously waxed your string and absolutely prevented any kind of damage.....I'd say, just suck it up and have a new string installed.

Added this: The manual's recommended change interval is not considered a guarantee or warranty that it will last that long.

[edit on 9-6-2006 by MrPenny]

I'm not a bow user, so I didn't even know that. But there must be a minimum use for the strings. Thats insane to have a "recommended change interval" with nothing to back it up. Grim was only about halfway to the "recommendation". I want to assume that Grim had cared for these strings. And if he did then the company should be responsible for the poor craftsmenship of the strings. Why would you by a product that fails at minimum use. If you were to purchase brakes, and use them properly, yet they were to break prior to their "recommended" life span, then I would fight for some comphensation. It's a safety issue, along with a quality issue. The company could be held responsible for this.

top topics

join