It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New successor to Zarqawi.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
al Qaeda experts are saying that the next person to step into Zarqawi's shoes will be Abdel Rahman al-Iraqi, although he wo'nt be so much of a loose canon.

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Abu Musab al-Zarqawi's successor may be a local figure with close ties to Osama bin Laden, who focuses attacks more on U.S. and Iraqi troops and less on brutal beheadings and random suicide bombings, al Qaeda experts said.

The Jordanian militant led a high profile campaign of videotaped executions and bombings that often targeted civilians and killed thousands.

But Abdel Bari Atwan, an al Qaeda expert who has interviewed Osama bin Laden, said he expects a less extreme Iraqi figure named Abdel Rahman al-Iraqi to take over from Zarqawi, who was killed in a U.S. air strike on Wednesday.

Source: today.reuters.co.uk...

Any thoughts on this? Is this a natural selection by al Qaeda or do you think he has just been "chosen" by the powers that be to serve as the next bogeyman? Last i read this guy was al Qaeda's deputy in Iraq, therefore he probably would step up to the front now, thats unless anyone else has other ideas.

I wonder if this guy's character will be exaggerated too?

By the looks of it he did state pretty much the same intentions about attacking troops last May in an internet statement signed by himslf.

www.newsmax.com...

CX.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Yes, the "so called" powers that be will use this guy for all they can and the eventually he'll get whached to. This cluster that bush has got us into is going to be going on for awhile. We are the little guys and there is so little we can do. Even if he's not such a loose cannon he'll still outlive his usefulness. Stupid games those people in DC play. Really "P's" me off.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I thought Rahman was killed along with Zarqawi???

Also, Zarqawi's gang, it must've suffered some big losses in that attack, 6-7 were killed. These groups are small to begin with. Al-qaida in iraq might've received too strong of a hit to recover.

There are other wahhabist zealots in the region, along with shia zealots, secularists, baathists, etc etc.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I would suspect a natural born Iraqi will take up Zarqawi's role in Iraq. Zarqawi was after all a Jordanian not an Iraqi, and Iraqi's have a history of not looking too well on all foreigners Jordanians included.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
~~

you might be right on this next guy, he does embrace the next level of the Jihad

this abu Abdel Rahman al-Iraqi, whether an actual AQ 'deputy'...or
a western-powers creation, is raising the bar in making the academic 'Clash of Civilizations' model the larger battle-cry & the grander scope of the 'terrorists'

see this source:
www.thisrepublic.net...

(about 150 words in 7 short paragraphs later...we will read the following )

...What is interesting to note here is that the raving threat of death wielded by these zealot lunatics has moved to include not only other Muslims - which is against Islamic law - but against the Catholic Church. This, literally, leads to the questions of motives. ...

if you click the link-> only 3 of the 4 Related Reading links are still active

~~this elaborate drama with Zarqawi death and the 'new head' of the Jihad 'Beast'
seems waay too scripted !~~
it may not ultimately be this Abdel Rahman al-Iraqi, but it almost must be someone with the anti-Catholic & anti-Christianity emphasis to meld with the political war with the US-UK (& the Westernized Allies in the EU and Far East)
who will rise to the leadership

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
ShadowXIX

I agree it will be a well respected Iraqi born to take the place with more influence and respect to the people and more concentration of foreign invading forces.

He may even give some try to politics and political matters.
after all many knows how to play the game but few are qualified enough.

[edit on 9-6-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
sorry mistake the bottons.

[edit on 9-6-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Do you think it might be possible that elements in Al Qaeda helped (tipped off the US) to get Zarqawi out of power in this way? Just to pave the way for a new more liked Iraqi born leader.

I could be wrong but I remember reading that higher ups in Al Qaeda werent too happy with some of Zarqawi's methods. I mean if they were really pissed at him and didnt want to have the bad press of killing on of their own it might not have been a bad way to get a new person in the leadership role.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I could be wrong but I remember reading that higher ups in Al Qaeda weren't too happy with some of Zarqawi's methods.

Yes you are right they were not happy with him and he was not recognized until later on but I am still skeptic as the motives for the recognition.

Zarqawi's methods had not respect for the Iraqi people because he was not an Iraqi born, perhaps his agenda was more of a personal vendetta than anything else.

He actually became a thorn in the insurgency's agenda to unified and get more people to support them from the unhappy Iraqi population.

But they were actually fearsome of him.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Sheikh Abu Hamza al-Muhajir.
link

[Mod Edit: fixed long link]

[edit on 6/12/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
He is from Jordan, so he will be an occupier when he enters Iraq.

The Coalition forces are seen as occupiers, but foreign al qadea is not?

Strange set of reality.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I heard he's Egyptian. Have to look up on him as America's next victim.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I already asked this question, but maybe y'all can help.

What super powers does THIS guy have? I mean, if he's gonna take Zarqawi's place, he better have some.

After all, Zarqawi was an uber terrorist with all kinds of crazy powers...

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
They seem to have scores of intelligence about these new leaders of Al-Queda in Iraq, yet they still seem to folly in their captures, am I not right? One would think it odd how praticular some of this information is and specific to facts of these peoples lives and objectives, one could even say that there are an infinitude of potential candidates for the U.S to use as scapegoats just waiting to be elevated as the main reason for terror in the world..

Lies, Lies, Lies.

Luxifero

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
al Qaeda experts are saying that the next person to step into Zarqawi's shoes will be Abdel Rahman al-Iraqi, although he wo'nt be so much of a loose canon.

Hmm...

Al-Jazeera

Al-Qaeda's new leader in Iraq has vowed to avenge the killing of his predecessor Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, saying Americans and their Iraqi allies would not be safe in their strongholds.

"The day of vengeance is near and your strong towers in the Green Zone will not protect you," said the statement posted on a web site often used by Islamist militants and signed by the new leader Abu Hamza al-Muhajir.

"You will see what we have in store for you because of your betrayal and apostasy. Our swords are poised above your necks," he told Iraqis who cooperate with US-led forces.

Sounds pretty loose to me! The article does say, however, that the source of the statement statement cannot be verified.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Zarqawi was a hoax. Millions of people simply don't believe the Government version of the story. They suspect that US created this militant to keep the American public convinced that it was necessary to stay in Irag to fight terrorists.

They may be doing the same with this Masri dude.

or he may be real. And US will capture him and parade him on TV to show that he is not a hoax. Then they can proudly say, look everyone we go em, nothing more to be done here, and so lets exit Iraq.

Iraqis aren't stupid. They know all the games played by THEM.

LA Times - US Military Elevating Stature of Zarqawi's Successor

LA Times

The U.S. military today released new information about Abu Musab Zarqawi's successor, quickly elevating the stature of the Egyptian militant

[edit on 15-6-2006 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Replacement for al-Zarqawi? In the words of Jay Leno, "That's ok, we have more than one 500 lb. bomb."

top topics

join