It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Iranian Tank??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 01:44 AM
link   
If we go in, is this what you think we will have to face?? (it is now up for purchase I believe?)

en.wikipedia.org...

And is it that good, I cant find the test video of its anti missile system but it has failed in most of the public tests, unfortunately in front of the world press.

Does anyone have any more information?

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   
What in the world are you talking about!??!?!?!?! That's a Russian tank and its known as the Black Eagle. There is already a thread about it. And yes, no one would want to face it, but there are only a few of them right now, and Russia will only make more if their economy improves. THERE IS NO WAY THEY WILL SELL IT TO IRAN ANYTIME SOON!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Where in there did it say its an Iranian tank? Gotta read carefully my friend. I think this whole war on Iran thing is getting everyone not thinking right.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 02:10 AM
link   
By the way, this exact information exists on a thread I made on BTS called "Ah some nice Russian army pictures". Once again, this is a Russian tank, and Iran has nothing to do with it and probably won't even see the tank in that country any time soon.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian soldier
Iran has nothing to do with it and probably won't even see the tank in that country any time soon.

There are rumours circling around that Iran has sought a dozen of these new tanks and would order more in near future.

Thanx

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Well we all know Russia and Iran are buddy buddy so hows to know what Russia
will sale them. With 100,000+ US troops next door Iran may be filling the heat
and want good Russian weapons becouse its about the only thing they can buy
that may be as good as the US's and Russia will sale them becouse it would be a good test for its tank.

but the winner will be the Abrams.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian soldier
What in the world are you talking about!??!?!?!?! That's a Russian tank and its known as the Black Eagle. There is already a thread about it. And yes, no one would want to face it, but there are only a few of them right now, and Russia will only make more if their economy improves. THERE IS NO WAY THEY WILL SELL IT TO IRAN ANYTIME SOON!!!!!!!!!!

However, they have already got a contract with India for some, and have restarted production (rumours going round the RAC barracks in S of UK) for a mystery buyer. Iran has shown an interest and as cylon states, they do have a rather large threat coming at them! after talking to several Armoured officers in both the UK ans US army, it has caused quite a bit of worry.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Did you even bother to read the link from Wikipedia you posted?

Recent information seems to suggest that the Black Eagle program has been halted due to the acceptance of the T-90 into the Russian military.
This is also compounded by the fact the company responsible for the Black Eagle's design, Omsk Transmash bureau, has been in a state of bankruptcy since 2002.

So Iran is going to get a tank that was never produced by a company that's bankrupt?

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Warthog Chow! If the Abrams don't get them first. I personally don't think that we will invade Iran, but if we do those things are going to live a short but exciting life. Actually a B-2 putting a GPS 500lb on the turret might be the way to go. So many weapons systems, so few tanks.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Number23
Did you even bother to read the link from Wikipedia you posted?

Recent information seems to suggest that the Black Eagle program has been halted due to the acceptance of the T-90 into the Russian military.
This is also compounded by the fact the company responsible for the Black Eagle's design, Omsk Transmash bureau, has been in a state of bankruptcy since 2002.

So Iran is going to get a tank that was never produced by a company that's bankrupt?

However india has already ordered some and production has been RESTARTED. (although I got that off some sites about Iranian weaponry/military) The T-90 has replaced it in the RUSSIAN MILITARY but they have recieved funding from overseas to export. (although India is also getting around 300 T-90's)

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I dont know if Iran has bought any, I was just saying that they have restarted production and seeing as Iran is one of the biggest importers of russias arms:
www.heritage.org...

it seems a distinct possibility (and seems to be shared by many officers from the RAC) that they could be facing them, if the need to go into Iran ever occurs.

Seeing as these officers also considered the Black Eagle, if it stands up to the claims to be superior to the 'coaltion' tanks we could be seeing highly increased casualties.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by cylon555
Russia will sale them becouse it would be a good test for its tank.

but the winner will be the Abrams.

the abrams never faced a tank head on head in Iraq
the US just blew the **** out of them with hell fire missiles from the air
and other missiles,

only chance Iran will have to use it is if they are coverd from air attacks

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
ok so hide them in the citys like the nazis then when
you lest expect it BOOM

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
What makes you think they have the Black Eagle - I would imagine they are still using T-62/T-72 series vehicles.

Air power would decimate them.

But I don't think that :

1. This will result in armed conflict; and
2. If it does, think cruise missiles.

[edit on 9-6-2006 by Winchester Ranger T]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Top russian tank.... don't think Iran will ever get it

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by warset
Top russian tank.... don't think Iran will ever get it

I kinda agree with you. The company is bankrupt,only a few prototypes currently exist. How the HELL is Iran gonna get them? It will take a long time for Russia to equip their army with this, let alone start selling them
. They are using T-90s right now because they can't afford to make more Black Eagles. When their economy goes up, I bet to you 100% that Russia will start making them. Do you think Russia is not aware that they have created the most powerful tank of today? I someone here say that the Abrams will cream the Black Eagle. That is bs. Technically it all depends on the situation, but the Black Eagle is better then the Abrams, face it. You are right, however about it becoming warthog meal, but the same thing could be said about an Abrams becoming a Su-32 meal
. Russia is trying to make its economy go up and the company is currently bankrupt, so don't expect Russia to field it in THEIR army, let alone Iran's army. Everyone is saying so much bs this days, every new weapon that comes out they say is gonna be in Iran's army
. This is bs. If US invades Iran anytime soon, I'll gaurantee 100% that the US won't even have a glimpse of the Black Eagle, cuz it won't even be in that country. Come on people, I thought you all were smarter then that.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
the abrams never faced a tank head on head in Iraq
the US just blew the **** out of them with hell fire missiles from the air
and other missiles,

only chance Iran will have to use it is if they are coverd from air attacks

Are you kidding? Between th Challenger and M1A1 they took out hundreds of Iraqi tanks directly in the Gulf War. That also included T-72s which were not a shabby tank to have in 1990.

Infact I bet Iran is still using T-72 though I hope they have better optics all this time later.

[edit on 9-6-2006 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The stats speak for themselves. And yes airpower did destroy a significant number of Iraqi tanks, but it did not destroy them all, ally tank on tank kills were in the high hundreds.

On average, an Abrams outranged an Iraqi tank by about 1,000 meters." The actual numbers of Abrams M1 and M1A1 tanks deployed to the Gulf War (according to official DOD sources) are as follows: A total of 1,848 M1A1 and M1A1 "Heavy Armor" (or HA) tanks were deployed between the US Army and Marine Corp (who fielded 16 M1A1's and 60 M1A1(HA) tanks).

During the Gulf War only 18 Abrams tanks were taken out of service due to battle damage: nine were permanent losses, and another nine suffered repairable damage, mostly from mines. Not a single Abrams crewman was lost in the conflict. There were few reports of mechanical failure. US armor commanders maintained an unprecedented 90% operational readiness for their Abrams Main Battle Tanks.

Link

[edit on 9-6-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Here is why that tank in Iran is 100% USELESS:

The air will be cleared of Iranian threats in a few days. All of the Iranian airforce would be destroyed or scared to the point of being grounded. Once the majority of Iranian SAM and anti air assets were detroyed (a week maybe?).

Once the air is clear, not one damned tank better show its head or it will be obliterated. A-10, Apache's, etc will rip them appart, those tanks will never get to see an American target that they can actually attempt to hit.

So, I sya let Iran buy a 1000 of them.. Waste thier money.

If Iran was smart, 100% of its defense budget would be spent on air defense right now, not silly little tanks.

[edit on 9-6-2006 by skippytjc]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Here is why that tank in Iran is 100% USELESS:

Once the majority of Iranian SAM and anti air assets were detroyed (a week maybe?).

Once the air is clear, not one damned tank better show its head or it will be obliterated. A-10, Apache's, etc will rip them appart, those tanks will never get to see an American target that they can actually attempt to hit.
[edit on 9-6-2006 by skippytjc]

Maybe the us will destroy all of irans fixed aa weapons but the iranian will still have sholder launched surface to air misiles. But between A-10's Apache's, abrahms and chalengers (remeber is the us goes in so will britain) the iranian tanks will have no chance.

But as has been said on this site many times the us is far more likely to launch a fleet of b2's to destroy irans nuclear plans.

Justin

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join