It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the bomb that killed... that guy! (video link)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   
*SNIP

not sure wether anyone has seen this, or it has already been posted.

But thats one hell of a bomb.
Look at the FLASH it releases on impact.
check out the distance the core range of the explosion takes up.

and most notably look at the immediate wind that sucks all the air, smoke and so forth in one direction.

was this a new kind of bomb?

[edit on 9-6-2006 by Agit8dChop]

Mod Edit: Removed Inappropriate Site Link.

[edit on 9/6/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
very impressive footage of this bomb, was watching american news on tv late last night and saw it. what has got me thinking though, yes, it was a huge explosion and then followed by another one. but do you think it's weird that his corpse is so intact, clean & presentable. wouldn't a a massive bomb (X2) leave you looking, well...messy? just curious. are you?

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   
They say in the news, no idea if its confirmed, the the bomb was 5 tons »«

I'm no expert in milatary explosion of those kind of bomb realy but it was impresive for sure, they say they drop 2 bombs, the second beeing lighter but didnt saw any footage of it.

and yes i do agree with u Agit8d, the blast on the ground was soo wierd but it looks like the debris are going in 4 directions very precisely and i wonder how the body was so intact.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   
They used 2x500lbs bombs. most likely paveways. The cross shaped balst is mostly due to the doors of the building/gates of the compound that directed majority of the blast outwards through allready existing outlets.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   
The way the explosion happens, the size of the footprint where smoke billows in the ground.

does it not appear strangely ... strange the way this bomb disintergrated, put perfect + plumes out, and the bright flash before it?

look instantly as the smoke appears how it so quickly, and strictly rushes in one direction.....

look at the way smoke continues to billow from the ground affected ONLY by the pulse, and not by the explosion..

The photo in todays west australian shows the powerlines out the front PERFECTLY intact.. not bent NOTHING.
The house across the road is perfect, there's even a small waist height tree out the front, with no DAMAGE.

this footage, is not correct.
The bomb in the footage, obliterated a large footprint, it has TREES around it.
this photo of the rubble, shows a house with a small shrub out the front and intact powerlines.

look at Zarqawi, his face is in perfect condition, apart from a knick on the right hand side.
if he was IN THE BUILDING, that was in THAT FOOTAGE.
he would be a mess.

Its a load of BS.

[edit on 9-6-2006 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
The way the explosion happens, the size of the footprint where smoke billows in the ground.

does it not appear strangely ... strange the way this bomb disintergrated, put perfect + plumes out, and the bright flash before it?

look instantly as the smoke appears how it so quickly, and strictly rushes in one direction.....

look at the way smoke continues to billow from the ground affected ONLY by the pulse, and not by the explosion..

That my friend is what the call "when a bomb goes off" Nothing unusual, Just an Explosion being filmed. However the really good question is How di Zarqawi's body stay intact? Thats almost as impsoiblle to answer as How many licks does it take to get to the center of the tootsie pop? Antoher thing both those questions have in common are there answers, what are the answers? Well the world may never know...

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Ive got a lot of movies of bombs going off, and the aftermath,
but that is like none ive seen before.

look at this site
link

there are NO powerlines on the side of the road where the house was supposidly located.

but in the photos in news papers, there's powerlines out the front.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I think northwolf nailed the reason for the strange looking blast in the first shot.

If the shape of the plume was caused by interposing doorways, that would also explain why the second bomb footprint was small and compact by comparison. The structure was likely so weakened by the overpressure from the first shot (and also missing a ceiling), the second blast faced little resistance.

If I had to guess why Zarqawi looked so intact, it would be due to a basement shelter. The bomb may not have killed him by blast or flame or shrapnel, but by sucking all the oxygen from his lungs, violently.

In any case, the reason the dust kept rising long after the first shot is (I think) due to the fact that the material was quite hot. There don't appear to be any secondary fires, just dust plumes that look a bit like smoke.

I thought at first that there were fires, but after watching the video a couple more times I think it's just the convection of a whole bunch of hot dust.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 03:51 AM
link   
The bomb didn't kill him on impact, it killed everyone else but he died later on.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
The bomb didn't kill him on impact, it killed everyone else but he died later on.

Source???

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The first 500 lb bomb knocked down the building. Its the second one that was intended to kill the people in the rubble.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Nothing else was destroyed......that's the purpose of precision guided munitions, to destory the target and limit any 'collateral damage'.

You can't use a movie as a reference to how a bomb goes off.

The body was cleaned-up and there were Army plastic surgeons which prepared the body for viewing.

The US is not about to show a completely blown-up body with holes and covered in blood. At least they try to have a little respect for the dead.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
20 years of wrenching Vipers, I can give you a bit of detail,

That is the real deal, the bombs used were 500lb GBU-12s they lased the target, note the flashing L. The reason the bomb looked the way it did is because of the delay in the fuzing. These days they are set to go off not on impact but just a bit later. Hence the bomb whet off inside of the building. It also appears that is a somewhat hardened building. For sure not your average farm house. Enough, they got the bad guy and the film is legit. It is BTW from a block 30 or 40 series Viper with a Litening Pod, not a LANTIRN. When the AF is ready to say which unit dropped the bombs they will tell us.

www.af.mil...

[edit on 9-6-2006 by viperwrench]

new topics

top topics

join