It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did all the buttons go?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Glad it's not just me! I thought I had a serious computer glitch! These new tabs don't glow in the dark though, but it does seem a bit roomier

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
oh yeah - a streamlined look, more window space and MUCH faster loading times

yes sir, i like it

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Great news of faster loading times. Now that's mission accomplished. I'm getting used to new look, and I like it. Cleaned my glasses, and it's all much clearer now.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   
This looks fantastic! All those big buttons made things look, well, pretty amateur - I love this and appreciate it.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 02:13 AM
link   
thought i was going mad there lol
only one problem there to small for me to see il need to hunt out my glasses now

looks good though

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Yes, a good next step in the evolutionary process. Can't stop a great thing from getting better. I'm curious about how the search function will turn out.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Feels wierd not having a big new posts button 'cause I keep clicking where it used to be

But looks great

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 05:43 AM
link   

HAHAHAHAHA...

Gosh how terrible does that look!!!

Theres an old saying...'If it ain't broke...dont fix it'

And that certainly applies here...I spend most of my time on ATS at night, in the dark, and was perfectly able to see the buttons...until now!

But...what can one man do to change it...Nuffin...

Mic

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Oh dear, I do not do well with change, would it be a big deal to just have the button bar a dierrent color? I'm a visually oriented person and all that grey..... I think it's a bit too much in the overall scheme of things.

Of course I seem to be a minority here.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Looks great, but have a suggestion to improve the aesthetics, and speed a little more..

The following could also be changed to the new style links.

As there are 20 posts on a filled page, this would improve load times even further.

Overall, good job S.O. !!

[edit on 6/9/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
Where's the button for 'My New'?

That's the one I am missing. I use the button constantly. I don't want to go to main ATS then forum then weed thru the posts of everything for only the forums I read.

Granted, it must be nice for dialup users, but surely a small "My New" button would suffice?

NN

[edit on 9-6-2006 by NoNik]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Kudos on the changes. I really like this. When the lights went out (again) last night, I was able to pull this site up quickly with the city-wide wireless that I rarely use because its so slow. It worked great with this though! It does seem a lot cleaner of a look. Strange, it even makes the ads look better.

I did have a question though, when we recieve u2u's, is it going to still show on the upper right side of the screen? I haven't recieved one yet to know, and that was mega convenient to know without loading up the member center.
All in all, I like this very much!

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I'm not sure where to |Log
-------------------------------
Out|

or sometimes, get to the |Member
----------------------------------------
Center|

or even where to |Submit

-----------------------------

News|

well, you get the idea: the screen resize could use some work.

And what happened to MyNew?

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I am noticing on some threads that there aren't any u2u buttons, under replies. Might be a bug. I see that there already has been the change up on the buttons below replies, so Mechanic, looks like they heard ya!

Always changing, that's one of the things I like on here, there's always something being added, something being upgraded. The faster things load on a page, the more I smile
D

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Ok, ok, I managed to find it in the history file; thank the 'puter gods I forgot to clear the cache last night
. Still, it would be nice to have a button (pouts).

Bookmark this link:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It works for now, at least.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by rand
Ok, ok, I managed to find it in the history file; thank the 'puter gods I forgot to clear the cache last night
. Still, it would be nice to have a button (pouts).

Bookmark this link:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It works for now, at least.

As fast as you made a suggestion, they put it up!
Three Amigos, you all rock! I find that very impressive that as soon as a good idea comes out, you show that you're really taking it up. Well, I have nothing more to say in this thread. All my questions have been answered.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Looks like they are working on revamping some more of the buttons.

= no more!

Glad to see that they are not doing this half way.

to ATS!

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
Looks like they are working on revamping some more of the buttons.

Glad to see that they are not doing this half way.

There is no "they" with graphic design and coding of the site. SkepticOverlord is the man behind it all.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
There is no "they" with graphic design and coding of the site. SkepticOverlord is the man behind it all.

Thank you for the clarification!

Good job, S. O. !!!

Just noticed the edit and quote are bye bye as well...

Won't be much longer.

Free drinks on me, after the work is all finished!

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Go, SkepticOverlord, Go! Noticed more tweaking this morning. Buttons much more legible. I, too, am one who relied on the visuals a lot, but I do like this look. It'll work for me.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join