It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Show Me The Body (For skeptics)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Ok, so Zarqawi's dead. Next they'll say we killed Osama. And guess what? We have to believe it, wont we???
Would the American public DEMAND the body be displayed? NO. We just have to take their word for it.
THEIR WORD means nothing to me.

What a huge victory!!! yep yep...the war was worth it after all....

[edit on 8-6-2006 by dgtempe]

[edit on 8-6-2006 by dgtempe]

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/6/2006 by Mirthful Me]

d1k

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 04:19 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Do you fail to see ANYTHING good about the confirmed and genetically matched death of Zarqawi?

I thought he was a terrorist mastermind, that without a doubt had planned attacks that killed coalition troops?

Wouldn't his death be a good thing??

EDIT: Nevermind, this thread = death

[edit on 8-6-2006 by GODFLESH]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 04:26 AM
link   
His death would be a good thing. One down, 10 million to go....

BTW, i didnt mean to start this thread. I went to the other thread and there is no "reply" button. SO, here it is.

Yes, its a good thing, but how do we know its true???

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Well, quite frankly, if we take the "show me the body then I will believe you charge" some people will say the body is fake. Can't please the most persistent skeptics with clear as day light evidence.

When just about every major news lead states that he's officially dead, and even a claimed genetic match is reached, I tend to believe

What is really so hard to believe? The most wanted man in Iraq is wandering a war torn country with a coalition lead by the United States whose objective is to kill you... will most likely be eliminated sooner than later.

Sure, Osama is running around, but I doubt Pakistan will allow us a "full militairized" search anytime soon.

EDIT: Blah, wrong thread, damn my back button! Copy will be posted in correct thread.

[edit on 8-6-2006 by GODFLESH]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Sheesh Im surprised it wasn't sooner. That dude didn't even know how to load and fire his automatic weapon. What kind of mastermind was he that he shot an automatic weapon like an old lady. Im surprised he didn't die 2 days after the war started from a self-inflicted wound.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Sheesh Im surprised it wasn't sooner. That dude didn't even know how to load and fire his automatic weapon. What kind of mastermind was he that he shot an automatic weapon like an old lady. Im surprised he didn't die 2 days after the war started from a self-inflicted wound.

Welcome to the SKEPTICAL thread. This might have been suicide

Sorry to be so sinical (sp) but the government did this to me.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Welcome to the SKEPTICAL thread. This might have been suicide

Sorry to be so sinical (sp) but the government did this to me.

Thanks! Im just skeptical as far as his true importance in all this. Amazing they couldn't find the guy all these years but they found his genetic material to match the body up with just in case he dies. I guess the Islamic Jihadist Credit Union/Sperm Bank (On Saturdays and Sundays only with a 24hr drivethru for customer convenience LOL) retained donor information just in case it was ever needed.

Pie

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I couldn't agree with you more.

What i really don't get is why they were so desperate to kill him -- that will only make him a martyr to his followers. Surely they should have attempted to Capture him.

The administration really seems to be taking this whole Iraq thing day by day -- a good news story today is all they want. They dont seem to be looking at the bigger, long-term picture.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 05:11 AM
link   
And, the news outlets have his entire life history on file.

Its like watching the old "This is your life"

I'm sorry, i know some will be offended at my attitude, but this is neither here nor there.

If they said they killed Osama would you guys believe it????

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 05:40 AM
link   
OH you will see the body.

And the Fingerprits.

And the Face.

But the problem is - how do you kill a man already dead?

Do you have to use a special kind of Weapon?

Was Zarqawi a Zombie?

Anyway - isn't this great? You create a Super-Terrorist and you can blow stuff up in his name, ofcours blame it on him - then catch him and say: DAMN WE'RE GOOD! Everybody is happy and the War on Terrorism is Over! YAY!

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   
It was only a matter of time before they got him... with all the previous reports of near misses and him loosing limbs in altercations, how fast can a 'stump' roll away to evade capture or death

On the flip side, if the reports have been fabricated by the government to falsify his death, this would only create more problems in the event he resurfaced. If he was actually killed prior to this event, well thats another story (same book, just a different story).

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Regardless of my feelings on the war in general I am glad they got this guy.

I don't find it particularly hard to believe, the man seemed more outrageously brutal than actually competent. Good riddance.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Ok, so Zarqawi's dead. Next they'll say we killed Osama. And guess what? We have to believe it, wont we???
Would the American public DEMAND the body be displayed? NO. We just have to take their word for it.
THEIR WORD means nothing to me.

Now c'mon, we can't be letting any hard evidence get in the way of a good ol' American chest thumping circle jerk.

This news is exactly what the White House has needed to get the heat off them regarding Haditha (among other things). And really, how many other reports had there been of his death? This most recent one is simply gathering the most attention, so who knows.

So does this mean we can leave iraq? Can we now focus on getting "Osama Bin Laden" dead or alive? Will there be a replacement boogeyman? What about retaliation from the Iraqi people who saw Zarqawi as a leader?

i guess time will tell.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   

And, the news outlets have his entire life history on file.

Its like watching the old "This is your life"

I'm sorry, i know some will be offended at my attitude, but this is neither here nor there.

If they said they killed Osama would you guys believe it????

There is a pervasive truth here that ATS takes part in as well...there is too much information. Not just a smidgen, not just a little bit more than we can handle. It's like someone sending you to Niagra Falls for a sip of water. The deluge of information sources makes all important news information now so disolved and diffused that the news agencies rely upon this.

The news about Zarqawi is another example of this. They can easily post the news that he is dead, then the ensuing details can and will become so muddied by the repeated telling of the story, that there is no need to manufacture the story. All they have to do is to report the big picture - bomb dropped, Zarqawi dead, Irai president is applauded, Jordanians helped, etc.

The fact is, proof is left in the hands of the people on the ground...the U.S. Military....(clears throat) I mean the Iraqi people. No one in Europe or the U.S. or anywhere will know for sure. Or whether or not Zarqawi wasn't a story to begin with, but the news agencies contribute to whatever fiction has been ordered up by the government...and they do it either collaborating with the military or unwittingly so.

In either event, you can blame the news agencies only so far. They are vultures and feed on handouts or roadkill they happen to find along the way. Opportunism should not necessarily be confused with the ability to exert power.

Ultimately, I'm just not so sure how much direct influence the news agencies have over all of this or anything...their greed is their north star. Pretty simple.

Newtron

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   
lucky guy, this zarqawi, he's up there sippin' wine, doin' those virgins, smilin' down on the masses, seated right there next to allah............wait, no, can't be, the man never even existed, a mere tool of the infidel aggressors to justify their evil designs.....yet we have those who say he was a ruthless killer, decapitation by jagged sword, sawing off heads of the infidels......no, no, he is a martyr, one of allah's finest, a soldier in the army of a loving God......can't be, no such thing, merely a character in the cartoon created by bush et. al., what a grand list of fictitious names, osamabinladen, has a nice ring to it eh?.........kinda like bullwinkle, or freddyflintsone???

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
You are right! Faux just showed a picture of a dead Zarqawi.

Is it over? NO. There's another one already calling the shots.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Told ya!

See - I know how their System works!

Well I just realized what this alleged "Assassination of a Super-Terrorist" is;

It a Distraction from the REAL Iraq.

Remember those Massacres done by US Marines?

What? Where? Who?

ZARQAWI IS DEAD!

Y A Y ! ! !

See - you can quickly turn things around and make it look like Coalition is Winning the war in Iraq; ain't Mass Hypnosis Great?

[edit on 8/6/06 by Souljah]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   

You are right! Faux just showed a picture of a dead Zarqawi.

Is it over? NO. There's another one already calling the shots.

Isn't that the way that it's supposed to be? I mean, really, I don't think that any logical person can even blame us for this after seeing all the times that this man has been proclaimed as "dead." It is at a too convenient time, as well. He has been dead time and time again, yet we're supposed to believe it this time. Hmm. I'm waiting. It's far too easy just to "knock off" a guy when terrible things are being perpetrated by some of the military and the polls are down for a certain commander-in-chief along with his entourage. I'm going to have to wait on this one. The US has caused this problem of skepticism on itself. I'm also curious, why are we being told so quickly, when it has been proven time and time again that we can't be given information in the name of national security?

I wonder how long it will take before they get the bright idea to say this was due to someone from the US calling al-zaqwari that the NSA was tapping. What a lovely way to push another agenda. Ack. I'm supposed to be waiting this out, but that's just a thought. I can barely wait to see "the smirk".

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

The US has caused this problem of skepticism on itself.
THAT'S MY POINT.

I would have to go to the funeral and speak to relatives before i will believe this.

Sorry. The government has made me this way.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join