It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My new and first gun!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Cool. Can you post better pics?

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
The only concern I have is that I didn't use protection, I might have a GTD (Gun Transmitted Disease) in the form of hearing damage, I only fired 25 rounds but my left ear is really odd, things sound weird...esspecially in the car...I am fearing the worst (Hearing damage).

I will see a doctor if it doesn't resolve in the next few days...

Dude: don't fire that thing without AT LEAST HEAROS. Big 'ol ear-muff types are even better!

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by scepticsteve
You can say what you like about freedom and trust, but it when all is considered the US has the highest shooting rate in the world. Really no one needs a hand gun.

Scepticsteve, I am highly skeptical of this "fact". Are you saying US has higher shooting rate than Iraq, for instance? I assert you made up this "fact".

Here are actual international gun violence stats.

Estonia, Brazil, Mexico & N. Ireland all have higher gun crime rates, and I am sure, so do a lot of small war torn countries not listed. Also notice Tiwan has twice the murder rate of the US with almost no guns.
Guns, don't kill, bullets (I mean people) do.
So admit you were wrong and move on!

Plus if you took poor ghettoized blacks out of the eqation, our rates of gun violence would be way, way lower. It is a seprate problem, a racial one, not access to guns, that makes out stats so high.

[edit on 13-6-2006 by opensecret1150]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I learned the hard way I can't pull off shooting a pistol without ear protection!

I shot other guns without ear protection with no lasting effects but I surely have tinitus now since I have ringing in my ear from time to time now.

Today I am going to do some more shooting, first I have to get my driver's license, driving with the instructor and all that, I have been driving with my learner's permit for about 3 months now, the only hurdle I have is with paralel parking.

I am 24 but back in Holland where I am from I never had a use for a car, my parents or my brothers gave me rides and my dad wasn't really supportive of me driving, don't ask lol.

Dr Love, you are liar or a criminal lol, you are telling that you either:

-Paid a big tax stamp on the silencer and possibly the automatic weapon? and got aproved for it?
-or bought it illegally on the street? (bad news!).

Either way you paid at LEAST a 1000 dollars, much much more if it's legal too.

or are you just pulling our leg? cool stuff though, I like MACs quite a bit.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Yes, I would be a liar. I think I should be banned for perpetrating a hoax.

Peace

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Dr Love, you are liar or a criminal lol, you are telling that you either:

-Paid a big tax stamp on the silencer and possibly the automatic weapon? and got aproved for it?
-or bought it illegally on the street? (bad news!).

Either way you paid at LEAST a 1000 dollars, much much more if it's legal too.

or are you just pulling our leg? cool stuff though, I like MACs quite a bit.

In (IIRC) 40-something of the states in the U.S., you can legally posess a sound supression device. NJ, where I live, it is illegal.

'Fully automatic' is not the only things restricted under the Natoinal Firearms Act; sound supressors are as well possibly other stuff I can't think of.

You just pay the $200 tax and fill out some forms. Of course, if you have a history as a troublemaker chances are you'd be SOL.

Dr. Love is in Texas though; Texas is the Holy Land for gun owners. I wouldn't even be suprised if his neighbor simply traded him the whole enchilada for a chainsaw or set of brakes or somethin'.

IMO, every state in the union is like a different country to gun owners. Here in NJ i'd be drawn and quartered for showing that picture.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Here in Iowa you can't own either I do believe, but I am not a 100% sure on that.

But Full-Auto guns need to be made before 1986 I believe and since there are so little of them available you usually end up paying 10k+ on it.

Heh, I have no use for a full-auto rifle anyway and most definitly don't have the money for it's ammo.

I love Semi-Auto's

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Here in Iowa you can't own either I do believe, but I am not a 100% sure on that.

But Full-Auto guns need to be made before 1986 I believe and since there are so little of them available you usually end up paying 10k+ on it.

Heh, I have no use for a full-auto rifle anyway and most definitly don't have the money for it's ammo.

I love Semi-Auto's

Full Auto is a whola lotta fun if you have the money for it. I've got other stuff to work for rather than (like you said) spending bags of money on a used firearm - plus however many hundred bucks worth of ammo i'd go through in a sitting.

Buying that fancy rifle could mean the difference between a Toyota or Lexus in your driveway.

(However, I WILL own a minigun before I die.)

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Full auto is pretty dumb for the ordinary person. Both from a legal standpoint but also from a financial standpoint. About the only tool one can afford to keep shooting full auto is a .22 long rifle. Ammunition of the centerfire variety can get very expensive. Rimfire in .22 long rifle too if you shoot alot. You might as well own some ravenous big cats..and afford feeding them ..than feed full auto tools. It can get that expensive to feed full auto. Not smart.
If I want to shoot alot I take my pump shotgun and can send alot of lead down range with one or two shots. Much more effecient and affordable than alot of full autos.
If I wanted to break the law..I would rather have a good silencer than a full auto tool.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I had a very unfortunate event happen to me that can be completely blaimed on my self.

I was cycling the slide to test reliability of the feeding of JHP's, and hell knows how the gun fired, I honestly don't remember pulling the trigger, I just remember putting it down.

fortunatly I hit a wall and the round got completely stopped by it and didn't penetrate any other walls, the shot was too high as well to have hit anyone.

Needless to say I am going to be extremely careful next time I touch that thing and will not likely cycle the slide until I am at the range!

I am also planning on asking a veteran gun owner/hunter to teach me the 101 in gun saftey, not that I don't already know but just to hammer it in!

I hope this accidental/negligent discharge will be the very last right there and I most definitly learned my lesson! fortunatly no one got hurt...but my own ego and my ears! (again...)

I hope I didn't lose any respect from the gun owning members of this board, I really feel so damn stupid! :bnghd:

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I had a very unfortunate event happen to me that can be completely blaimed on my self...

Keep your finger off the trigger until your on target and ready to shoot.

Never point the muzzle of a firearm in the direction of anyone, loaded or not.

Never fire into the air.

Those are three things I always keep as a priority when handling a gun. Anyways, you got a helluva lesson without any real damage was done. Nobody's perfect and we learn alot from the mistakes we make. I did something real dumb as a kid and learned a big lesson from it myself.

Good luck & be safe.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I know ..you feel like a complete idiot when it happens to you.

Ever see the pictures of teams like SWATs or other military special teams..they carry thier weapons with the finger laying along the side of the frame where it is not actually in the Trigger guard and on the trigger...why do you think they do this??? Trigger dicipline dude...Trigger dicipline!!!

Now you know why gun ownership is a big responsibility. When I go to the gun range ..I see where many shots have been fired right up into the ceiling ..right there at the gun table by people not carefully handling their guns. Bullet holes in the ceilings!!! Knock on wood dude..so far I havent done that ..but knock on wood!!

Consider it "lessons learned" but above all...learn and live the lesson.
Ive done it too...tighten up and proceed on .

Keep it in the X ring.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Yeah most definitly a lesson learned.

I feel like I upset people for telling them that while I am already upset with my self.

But i'm spilling the beans, i'm very honest

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I got a new gun to the collection! I gave it to my wife.

It's a blatant Saturday Night Special, it's a .22short revolver.

the make and model is a Rohm R10, it is double action.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Wow that looks so cute. A perfect weapon to put in her purse

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Nice, just make sure that you don't plan on using that in self defence... it will not incapacitate an attacker with one shot, maybe not even with 6...

Never trust your life with anything below .32 ACP in power (personally i keep my limit at 9mm Para)

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Anton Levay is a joke. Anyone who says they are satanist are basically agnostic but just wants more attention in hopes to show everyone how 'Different' and 'non conformist' they are. I thought that it was a phase that 16 year olds went through.. You proved me wrong. Congrats.

Hows the attention going for you GZ?

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Please keep this on topic.

I don't follow Lavey's teachings but I do respect the man.

Satanism is based on the following of Enki, the Sumerian opposite of Ea or god, according to the sumerian mythology they were brothers who opposed each other.

I do NOT look for attention, no black cloths, no Satanic or gothic gear, nothing like that, I don't go around and anounce i'm Satanic either...(besides here on ATS, I had a moment I wanted to express it, bad idea around people like you)

Anyway BACK TO TOPIC!

I shot my little six shooter, my wife did too but she got upset she couldn't hit the can I set up, I only hit it once, this is a SNS so I didn't expect much of it.

I don't plan to use it in self-defense and my wife will just claim it as her plinkster, nothing more than that, I plan to get her a .380 or 9mm since she can't hold heavy guns and doesn't like excessive recoil like my .40cal.

[edit on 9/5/2006 by GrOuNd_ZeRo]

[edit on 9/5/2006 by GrOuNd_ZeRo]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join