It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My new and first gun!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Here is my new baby, I shot it almost as fast as I got it, it's a .40S&W Hi-Point JCP pistol, it's quite basic in operation but it's absolutely awesome to shoot.

some stats:

-Single Action
-Blow-back operated
-Chambered for .40cal S&W and others JHP for .45cal ACP
-1911 style magazine release
-High visibility 3 dot sight system
-Low profile sights
-Adjustable rear sight for windage and elevation also comes with optional ghostring sight

it sounds like probably a .357 revolver when it fires, a VERY loud popping noise, (my ears are still screwed up so next time i'll need ear protection).

So i'm a proud owner of a firearm! a great priviledge that Americans and their permanent residents can enjoy.

I am very happy with it and I feel a lot safer now I know I have this much firepower, great insurence for me and my wife's life.

BTW, I prefer not to get anti-gun talk on this topic, this is about my new purchase, thank you.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 04:05 AM
link   
That is a beautiful piece. Congrats on the new member of the family. LoL The first one is always the best one. What did it set ya back?

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Hi-Points are generally very inexpensive, I paid 180 total which is a really bad price for it, if I bought it on www.impactguns.com I could have gotten it for 165 dollars instead but they don't seem to have them in stock very often so who knows how long I would've waited for it.

No matter, I was more than willing to pay as much as I did.

Only minor complaints I can find are the weight (even though it's not that bad, it's top heavy but a full magazine compensates greatly) and the rough finish.

but I would recommend it to anyway wanting a first handgun.

Time to go to bed...

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 04:50 AM
link   
That's a very good first gun to learn on. I got my son a Hi-Point 9mm for his first one... shoots very good.

This is what I carry on my ankle:

Ruger P90 .45 cal - 10 in clip and 1 in chamber

This is what I carry on my side:

Springfield Armory 1911-A1 Operator - .45 cal - 7 in clip + 1 in chamber (about $1500 with gov discount)

Congrats bro... enjoy it and Practice Practice Practice!

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Very nice. Please be careful with it.

I suppose we all should get one. I've never wanted one in my house (I have a latin temper)
but the time has come to own one, i suppose.

Responsibility is the key.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Tell me you're job is Law Enforcement candyman!!!

Nice one GZ. I want a gun, but down here the gun laws are strict. I could get one, but I don't want to have to go through the bureaucracy. I would much prefer a rifle to a sidearm, because I loooove snipering, but shooting with pistols is one in its own, isn't it?

Yeah, and what dgtempe said, be careful with it!

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Congratulations Ground Zero!

Do you have any kids in the home?

Get some extra Mag's. and find a USPSA or IDPA match and have some real fun.

Roper

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Gongraz GZ!!!

Hows the trigger of it, is as smooth and light as with S&W revolvers? Just curious, we don't have a lot those around here.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Not too bad for a little self reinsurance. Help make you sleep better at night knowing you can better protect your family. Since its your fist gun you should take a saftey gun course. congrats

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
congraz with Your new gun.

this is my baby

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Nice. Be careful with the Hi Points my 9mm has a tendency to try to feed two shells at the same time. I haven't had any misfires with it. This is just a heads up.
If you don't have much experience with pistols, most firing ranges have training availible. It isn't a bad idea.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Congrats on your new weapon-it looks very nice. Just remember safety first-ALWAYS!

Also ALWAYS full clean your weapon after EVERY time u take it shooting.
Even if u only fire 1 or 2 rounds, u need to fully disassemble it and clean it before taking it out again.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Great Ground!!!!!.......never relinquish it!

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The only concern I have is that I didn't use protection, I might have a GTD (Gun Transmitted Disease) in the form of hearing damage, I only fired 25 rounds but my left ear is really odd, things sound weird...esspecially in the car...I am fearing the worst (Hearing damage).

I will see a doctor if it doesn't resolve in the next few days...

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Looks like a nice gun for your first gun
My first gun was a rifle when I was 18 since I was too young to legally purchase a handgun. But soon after I turned 21 I got a Handgun

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Congradulations!!!!!!! I can't wait till I get my own

Soon enough I will get my own. I will either get an HK USP .45 or an XD .45 Springfield pistol

Congradulations. I'm jealous. But only cuz I currently only own pellet guns

but hey, those pellet guns are powerful enough to kill a man, at least the rifle is.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
@Watch_The_Rocks - hehehe - YES, my job is Law Enforcement & Defense... good question tho.

@Ground Zero - We all should have told you to wear ear protection... you can get some very cheap earplugs at any store. Hope is isn't too late bro. Yeah, Gun Safety classes are the place to start. I've taught many... and even old guys like me have come out of the course learning something. Many ranges also offer other advanced classes. I recommend if you want to really learn and have fun to take them. Again, Practice Practice Practice.

~Candyman~

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
40 !!!
I fired one of those, I found it to powerful for me, I like 9mm, its punch is less so you can squeeze of more round acuratly.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Don't worry about your hearing, unless you fired it next to your ear it shouldn't be permanent. Last new years i fired off quite a few rounds without protection and my ears rang for a week. You live and learn, now I own a good pair of ears.

Nice gun BTW.

40? imbalanced, 40 is only too powerful in a 2 inch barrell IMHO. Once you get used to 45, most 9's are not much different than 22's, unless they are entirely plastic. I hate light weight 9s.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Nice Groundzero. Probably the best value on the market.

I have the .40 cal S&W hi point Carbine version of your pistol. I believe they share the same magazines. I paid about $220 for it. I was looking to pair it up with the .40 cal version you just got. That way they can share the same ammo and clips.

Now if only Hi Point would make a .45 acp version of the carbine. If not, I'll go with the Beretta Cx4 .45 acp., at least for style points.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join