It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can church really cure you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Everytime I go to Church I always noticed that any damage done to my body like, cuts, scrapes, bruises, all seem to go away when I come out. So church must have a holyness in it that cures you. And your pains all seem to go away.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
Everytime I go to Church I always noticed that any damage done to my body like, cuts, scrapes, bruises, all seem to go away when I come out. So church must have a holyness in it that cures you. And your pains all seem to go away.

You aren't being very clear. Are you referring to the actual building -- your church? If so, then you might very well be experiencing some sort of healing because the church is, somehow, holy or blessed (or maybe it's built upon some sacred spot).

I will assume, however, that you are referring to "church" meaning religion. Yes, religion can have some very profound "healing" effects. But, I would say that any healing is being done because of your faith. Many amazing reports have been made about people being healed of incurable diseases, disorders and physical maladies because of their faith.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   

What church do you go to? U2U me and I'll meet you there. Do you think it can do anything for my baldness, elevated triglycerides, arthritis, and general cynical attitude? I sure would appreciate a little relief!!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Thats awesome it happends to you. If you are getting cured like that you should preach to other people. Some people get rid of cancer by going to church, because there faith takes over and they put it all in Gods hands. Your really lucky that happends to you.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Thats funny, when i go to churh (Those few times i ever been there), nothing on me heals.
Which would mean; Church DONT heal.

According to your terms of making a fact.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Can church really cure you?

Sacred Heart. (Hospital.)

*Finished watching scrubs*

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Well for one thing, I have never been sick and when to church but my scars, cuts, bruises go away. But I dont know how to explain the time where I had this ugly looking thing on my toe, I dont know what it was but it could of been dangerous (just keeping on open possibility) and I prayed to make it go away and like in 4 hours, this big thing on my toe was gone. I really wanted to get it off, I guess god only gives you what you really need, something that you really want to go away. It happens to me, but I dont mean when you might think that god can give you everything.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jugg
Thats funny, when i go to churh (Those few times i ever been there), nothing on me heals.
Which would mean; Church DONT heal.

According to your terms of making a fact.

Yes maybe my terms, they way I said it made it a fact but for somereason I go to church and I heal.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant

You aren't being very clear. Are you referring to the actual building -- your church? If so, then you might very well be experiencing some sort of healing because the church is, somehow, holy or blessed (or maybe it's built upon some sacred spot).

I will assume, however, that you are referring to "church" meaning religion. Yes, religion can have some very profound "healing" effects. But, I would say that any healing is being done because of your faith. Many amazing reports have been made about people being healed of incurable diseases, disorders and physical maladies because of their faith.

Yes I am refering to the building of my church, notice how I had a bruise one time when I went to a Catherdral and nothing happened. And for some reason almost everytime I go to Church I have slight damage done to my body. Or it could be everytime and I get healed when I dont even realize that I have damage dont to my body. Im keeping an open mind.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Im just doing this to get it back into myATS b/c it got
deleted.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Church isnt a cure. The only CURE in this world was the sacrifice made on calvary. That was the cure for the world, as far as going to church and seeing physical effects that are positive... Sure why not? Maybe thats God supernaturally revealing part of himself to you! However I wouldnt take it as a cure-all or even a common occurance lol.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Church doesn't heal, God does. Healing can take place in a church, but it doean't have to.

There are many reasons to go to church. Learning about God(christian). Meeting others with the same beliefs to build each other up. To be of service to God. Then to extend it beyond church time to living for God 24/7.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
Church doesn't heal, God does. Healing can take place in a church, but it doean't have to.

I meant that in church I get cured by God.

top topics

join