It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dan Biechele: Imprisioned for...what exactly?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Dan was pinned at the one responsible for the deaths of nearly a hundred people in Rhode Island during a Great White concert which involved pyrotechnics which resulted in the building catching fire. The interesting thing to note is that pyrotechnics were used years before at the SAME CLUB but had since undergone sound-proofing which turned out to be flammable. Feel free to review the following:

Biechele Sentencing Live

Relatives of R.I. Nightclub Fire Victims Get Apology Letters
(This one is good because you can click on "related stories" to view previous articles)

Maybe I have something to learn about justice because I don't see any of it here. Has "justice" gone haywire here? Are we going to start pinning scapegoats for every event man-made or natural (don't get me started on Katrina...). If there were a way to write to him and tell him to hang in there I would.

[edit on 7-6-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I guess no-one knows...

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
...or no one cares. I found an interesting law article that gave some interesting detail about the situation, but it seems to lack something: reason. In all the searches, I hadn't found anything to give just cause to negligence. Looks like a scapegoat technique...which we all should be concerned about since technically speaking we'd all qualify as a scapegoat.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Seems to me there should be more than one person responsible. I think the nightclub manager and owner should bear the ultimate responsibility for shows that take place at the club.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Seems to me there should be more than one person responsible. I think the nightclub manager and owner should bear the ultimate responsibility for shows that take place at the club.

Thank you for two reasons:
1.) Understanding that each person's life is important, that we should have a watchful eye as to what is happening to each of us.
2.) Seeing also that the nightclub manager, the one who since the last visit of Great White, had filled the club's walls and ceiling with flammable foam for sound-proofing. Is that not important detail for the band & band manager to know? Somebody could have mashed a cigarette against the wall and started the same thing it seems.

You've made a great point about responsibility. If you get injured at an amusement park, it is that park's responsibility regardless of who is doing what in there at the time. My questions are these: Where was the sprinkler system? I know in my state it's code to have them in public buildings every few inches. Where are the fire extinguishers? How many exits did the club have exactly?

I think there was a massive err in communication between the night club manager and the band manager, because they hadn't talked about everything that was going to go on that night. Rather, it seems like a lynch-mob saying people died and somebody needs to be hung because of it. This is a piece of the american justice puzzle. One that I hopes gets better before it gets worse. We've got a great legal system here...which is why I see this and wonder, "what on earth?"

[edit on 12-3-2007 by saint4God]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The questions still remain for me on this. It doesn't sound like anyone has found anything new, but I'm sure he's still serving time for reasons unknown to me in our justice system.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Update:

Mar 19, 2008 12:14 pm US/Eastern

Band Manager In R.I. Fire Released From PrisonCRANSTON, R.I. (WBZ) ―
Former Great White Tour Manager, Dan Biechele is released from prison.
WBZ

The band manager whose pyrotechnics display sparked a nightclub fire that killed 100 people in 2003 has been freed from prison after serving less than half of his four-year sentence.

Daniel Biechele, 31, walked from the front door of the state's minimum security prison into his lawyer's car about noon Wednesday and was driven away. He did not respond to questions as he got into the car.

Biechele, the former tour manager for the 1980s hair band Great White, pleaded guilty in 2006 to 100 counts of involuntary manslaughter for his part in the fire at The Station nightclub in West Warwick.

Biechele tearfully apologized at his sentencing hearing, saying he wasn't sure he could ever forgive himself, and didn't expect forgiveness from anyone else.

wbztv.com...

Apparently you have to do a search for 'Dan Biechele released' for it to show up on the net. Although a relief to hear that he's out, I really don't see why he was jailed in the first place. God bless a person who sincerely seeks forgiveness...even in an accident.

[edit on 2-2-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
This is interesting. Seems Russia just had a similar problem:

An explosion late Friday at a nightclub in central Russia killed at least 101 people and injured at least 140 others, Russian officials said.

Eighty-five of the injured were in critical condition, officials with the Russian Emergency Situations Ministry.

Explosives experts of the Federal Security Service examined the club building, the ministry said. The preliminary theory behind the blast in the city of Perm, 900 miles east of Moscow, was "unsanctioned use of pyrotechnical devices," the ministry said.

"The breach of technology while setting off a firework was the cause of the accident," said Vladimir Markin, a spokesman for the Investigative Committee of the Russian Prosecutor's Office.

Right before the blast, an artist performing on stage juggled with what was described as cold-flame pyrotechnical maces that he threw high up in the air, law enforcement officials said on Russian state television.

The club's ceiling caught fire and almost immediately spread on to the wooden walls, cutting off exits from the building, the officials said.

Russian news media said the blast occurred as a party was in full swing at The Lame Horse nightclub, which was celebrating its eighth year in business.
- www.cnn.com...

I wonder how Russian justice compares.

top topics

join