It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who needs a tracking chip?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
A gunman was tracked hundreds of miles in about half a day by local law enforcement by using his cellphone signal.

"Police said they used the signal from Rivas' cell phone to track him."

Link

Not the FBI, or Homeland Security, but local law enforcement.

Do you feel safer?

New info.
Turns out the U.S Marshall's called his cell from a number the perp thought safe, so at least he had to turn it on before being tracked.

Pretty clever and not as nefarious as I thought....

[edit on 6/7/06 by Shadowbear]

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Bush needs a tracking chip for when he chases a squirrel everytime he is off the leash.

Mod Note: Political Baiting and Sniping on ATS – Please Review Link.

[edit on 7/6/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
lol. These guys are jokes. Really.

In answer to your querey no we don't need tracking chips. Accepting a chip means we surrender our freedom and why on earth would we want to do that. We would never get it back.

[edit on 7-6-2006 by Crazy_Mr_Crowley]

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Hey now, that's great that they have that technology isn't it? It's reasurring to know they can track that cell signal. It's good stuff. But shadowbear, does that mean they can track my cell phone too? The local coppers? How do they get my cell signal to track? And why are they following me?

But I think it's good to know they can do it. So here ya go fancy pants.

You have voted Shadowbear for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Hell - it's not so bad.

I already have one.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I'm not completely against tracking chips. For example, they could be used as a condition for parole for many types of criminals, especially sexual predators who have abused children.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I understand your point, esp. regarding convicted molesters, but implanting chips into humans puts us on a slippery slope toward govt. abuse and increasing (exponentially) govt. invasion of privacy. It brings Orwell's 'Big Brother' govt. to a whole new level.

Staying indoors all the time might be safer too. I say no to chips.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I feel somewhat safe b/c I never carry my cell phone with me. I am thankful to the many people who let me borrow theirs b/c I basicaly borrow everyones cell phone but they can still track my voice though.

[edit on 27-6-2006 by wildcat]

top topics

join