It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rob Zombie Directing "Halloween" Sequal!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Rob Zombie is going to be the director/writer for the 9th Halloween movie. The movie is supposed to be coming out somtime in October of 2007.

Here's two sites:
Halloween 9
Official Halloween Site

The first two Halloween movies are two of my favorite horror movies. I also thought Halloween: H20 was pretty good too.

-tts

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The name they were going with for the movie was going to be "Halloween: Retribution". And before that it was going to be called "Halloween: Family Reunion", or "Halloween: Blood Line", or just plain "Halloween 9". Now it say on the 1st site "Untitled Rob Zombie Halloween Project". I guess there changing the title of the movie again.

-tts

[edit on 7-6-2006 by The_Truth_Seeker]

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The Halloween series of movies, excluding the completely rediculous and completely unrelated Halloween 3, are my favorite horror movies of all time. Like someone else already said, Halloween 1 & 2 were the best. These movies paved the way for other similar horror movies, and are still the text book for "slasher" movies.

That being said, I have sad news to report. According to a radio report I heard this morning out of Philadelphia, this new Rob Zombie "Halloween" movie will be completely different and have nothing to do with Michael Myers or any previous Halloween movie.

To me, Michael Myers is the epitomy of Halloween. It'd be like making a Batman movie without Batman in it! As awesome as this new movie could ever end up being, it will still be a disappointment in my book because of my love for the Michael Myers character. My only hope is that they at least keep the creepy Halloween theme music in this!

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
That being said, I have sad news to report. According to a radio report I heard this morning out of Philadelphia, this new Rob Zombie "Halloween" movie will be completely different and have nothing to do with Michael Myers or any previous Halloween movie.

To me, Michael Myers is the epitomy of Halloween. My only hope is that they at least keep the creepy Halloween theme music in this!

Man, I wish they would have Michael Myers in the film. Now that they aren't going to have him in the movie, I wonder what the movies gonna be like.

And it also looks like Halloween 9 is going to be 1 of 3 sequals Halloween is going to have.

"Trancas is very excited to be working with Rob Zombie and producing another 'Halloween' with Bob Weinstein and Dimension, the home of the franchise for the last three installments."

Rest of the info is here under June, 5th 2006
www.halloweenmovies.com...

-tts

[edit on 8-6-2006 by The_Truth_Seeker]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Whenever they end the series one way I would of like to see it end would have been with Michael Myers and Laurie Strode going at it one last time. But they killed off Laurie Strode in Halloween 8. Bring back Tommy Doyle!!. And what happen to that baby that was in Halloween 6?

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I'd have hoped for a Michael Myers installment too, even if just for the fact that the mask is a Captain Kirk mask painted white and his name sounds like Mike Myers.

"So I Married An Axe Murderer" - funniest conspiracy character ever (the Scottish dad character, also played by Myers)

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
First a "celeb" director and now no Myers? This film is hereby dubbed "HINO" Halloween In Name Only.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
being a fan of 70's horror movies i really dig rob's work.
i'd like to see him doing non horror stuff just to see how he goes.

looking forward to see his halloween though. hope he doenst feel to much pressure

Rob also said that he got Carpenter's blessing on the project. According to Rob, Carpenter liked the idea of his project and thats it.

[edit on 10-6-2006 by DrExtravaganza]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Just wanna know, I have "Curse of Micheal Myers" on VCD is that Halloween 6?

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
Just wanna know, I have "Curse of Micheal Myers" on VCD is that Halloween 6?

Yes. That is Halloween 6.

-tts

new topics

top topics

join