It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Fear Mongering or Setup?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   

www.cbsnews.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Source

(CBS) U.S. officials believe Canadian arrests over the weekend and three recent domestic incidents in the United States are evidence the U.S. will soon be hit again by a terrorist attack. Privately, they say, they'd be surprised if it didn't come by the end of the year, reports CBS News correspondent Jim Stewart in a CBS News exclusive.

Are they trying to set us up for the next terrorist attack? The claim is that the attack will not be as big as 9/11. In fact, they claim that it may be so small that we won’t even recognize it for what it is. Is this the attack that will bring the arrival of martial law?

The next attack here, officials predict, will bear no resemblance to Sept. 11. The casualty toll will not be that high, the target probably not that big. We may not even recognize it for what it is at first, they say. But it's coming — of that they seem certain.

This sounds like a dire warning. Anything can now be connected to a terrorist attack.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Sure seems to know a lot about it before hand.

Sounds like they're setting us up.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The death of Zarqawi comes at an interesting time. We now know that the government is planning a disater/terrorism drill on the 19 of June. This thread and the news of Zarqawis' demise all point to a series of events that could easily catapult the world into all out war.

So I ask once again, is this report more fear mongering or is it part of a setup? I suppose only time will tell.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Darkelf,

Its both fearmongering, setups and an illusion of a victory. Something very big is coming and we will see soon enough.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Just wait until we see who the CIA picks as Al Zarqawi's replacement.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I think you may be missing the point of the article, darkelf. They were talking about how the group in Canada and it's alleged link to the people in the US are not aligned with AQ or any other group. What the article is saying is that we are under threat from any number of small, non-aligned terror groups that have internally developed the funding, intelligence and materials to stage an attack. That's why they're saying the targets may be smaller and the damage somewhat less. Not that this doens't constitute a serious threat --- it most certainly does. Oklahoma City taught us that.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by wackedoutgeek
Just wait until we see who the CIA picks as Al Zarqawi's replacement.

in todays newspaper here in aussie they've already placed a name into the media.

washington predicted that egyptian born lt abu al-masri will take his place.

[edit on 8-6-2006 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
I think you may be missing the point of the article, darkelf. They were talking about how the group in Canada and it's alleged link to the people in the US are not aligned with AQ or any other group. What the article is saying is that we are under threat from any number of small, non-aligned terror groups that have internally developed the funding, intelligence and materials to stage an attack. That's why they're saying the targets may be smaller and the damage somewhat less. Not that this doens't constitute a serious threat --- it most certainly does. Oklahoma City taught us that.

I understand that. My point is that they (the govt.) can call any incident a terror attack by their own definition.

The next attack here, officials predict, will bear no resemblance to Sept. 11. The casualty toll will not be that high, the target probably not that big. We may not even recognize it for what it is at first, they say. But it's coming — of that they seem certain.

The death of Zarqawi gives them the fuel for the fire. If the jihad in Iraq may be planning retaliatory attacks, what’s to stop some nut job over here doing the same? Or what is to stop the government from blaming a small incidence on them as an excuse to institute martial law?

Source

"Zarqawi's martyrdom is not going to weaken the jihad in Iraq," said Khalid Khawaja, a former Pakistani intelligence officer who aided militants like Osama bin Laden during their fight against the Soviets in Afghanistan. "Rather, you will soon see more retaliatory attacks by his successors."

I am not predicting that this will happen. I am only trying to connect the dots to get the full picture. I have to question everything. It’s my nature.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
And this caught my attention:

US warns of terror threat in China

BEIJING (Reuters) - The United States warned on Friday of a possible terrorist threat against its interests in China, especially in the three major cities of Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou.

"This threat also may exist for places where Americans are known to congregate or visit, including clubs, restaurants, places of worship, schools or outdoor recreation events," the U.S. embassy said in a notice on its Web site (www.beijing.usembassy.gov).

U.S. citizens should be alert to possible threats, the notice said.

More...

What an odd warning....

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Now thi is interesting. When I click on the original link, I don't get an article. I get this:

www.w3.org...

HTTP - Hypertext Transfer Protocol

News | HTTP Activity | Specs | Software | Talks | Mailing lists | IETF | HTTP Extensions | WebMux | HTTP-NG | Web Characterization | Background

Now that both HTTP extensions and HTTP/1.1 are stable specifications, W3C has closed the HTTP Activity. The Activity has achieved its goals of creating a successful standard that addresses the weaknesses of earlier HTTP versions....

Strikes me that that's not the article that everyone's takling about here...

WTF?

join