It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gran Turismo 4. The best racing game today?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   
My opion..............yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've played alot of racing games (though I'm more of a shooter game fan) like Need for speed underground 2, midnight club3, etc. But the BEST has to be GT4. Its the most realistic, has the most options, most tracks, cars, and overall, the funnest. I had GT3 for 2 years, and I was happy to get GT4 a month ago. The game is so incredible, I havn't seen anything like it. The only thing its missing is custom paint jobs, sub woofers, and rims

BUT ITS THE BEST!!!!!!!!! Can't wait for GT5

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
i would have to agree ill still even play gt3 over need for speed underground some times lol

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I prefer Forza Motorsport on XBOX, or did until I traded it in and got a 360.

Right now I've got Moto GP to get my racing urges out of the way until the new Forza for the 360 comes out, or the new Test Drive.

-O

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Big O
I prefer Forza Motorsport on XBOX, or did until I traded it in and got a 360.

Right now I've got Moto GP to get my racing urges out of the way until the new Forza for the 360 comes out, or the new Test Drive.

-O

Forza was pretty good for Microsofts first attempt. I also traded up to the 360.

GT4 would have been the best had it included online racing.

And now with the new Xobx360 PGR3(Project Gotham Racing) kicks butt at least until Forza motorsport2 and Test Drive Unlimited come out.

Maybe Sony will once again rise to the top witht the PS3 and GT5.. but only time will tell there.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I rented Project Gotham and am glad I did because I didn't like it at all.

Kudos? What the hell are Kudos? There should be NO Kudos in a racing game.

I want to start racing circuts right out of the gate, not stupid pylon crap, but tracks against cars.

Project didn't sit well with me at all. Granted, I understand why some like it, but I'm much more of a GT/Forza kida guy.

I like the simulation type stuff...hell, even with my FPS I like the Clancy style of play over the Doom/HalfLife style of play.

-O

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   

original quote by:The Big O
Kudos? What the hell are Kudos? There should be NO Kudos in a racing game.

Kudos are points you get for 'Driving with style'- E.G. pulling off power slides around turns without hitting anything... things like that.

I want to start racing circuts right out of the gate, not stupid pylon crap, but tracks against cars.

I dont know how good the online racing is for PGR1 and 2. But Pgr3 online is pretty decent. Some good competition.

Project didn't sit well with me at all. Granted, I understand why some like it, but I'm much more of a GT/Forza kida guy.I like the simulation type stuff..

Although I like PGR3 for the Xbox360.. I too prefer simulator racing games. Forza2 will probably kick some butt. We will have to wait until nov/dec to find that out however.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
TONE23,

I know what Kudos in the game were, I was just being fascisous, or however you spell that.

My point is that something like Kudos in a racing game is dumb, in my opinion. Now, in a stunt driving game or soemthing like a Need for Speed UNderground or whatnot, it would fit right at home.

In a sim type of game it just seems out of place. You don't see people pulling powersides at Seabring, you know?

I sure hope Forza 2 is good. They just need some more tracks, upgraded graphics and sound, more cars, and some tweaks to the physics and car painting. I hope they keep the controls for the soundtrack EXACTLY THE WAY THEY ARE. I loved how you could change the songs and control the volume of the music with the directional pad.

-O

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Big O
TONE23,

I know what Kudos in the game were, I was just being fascisous, or however you spell that.

My point is that something like Kudos in a racing game is dumb, in my opinion. Now, in a stunt driving game or soemthing like a Need for Speed UNderground or whatnot, it would fit right at home.

In a sim type of game it just seems out of place. You don't see people pulling powersides at Seabring, you know?

I sure hope Forza 2 is good. They just need some more tracks, upgraded graphics and sound, more cars, and some tweaks to the physics and car painting. I hope they keep the controls for the soundtrack EXACTLY THE WAY THEY ARE. I loved how you could change the songs and control the volume of the music with the directional pad.

-O

Sorry I didnt know you understood the concept...lol ill just pull my foot back out of my mouth now...

Also, when my friends and I are racing online we could care less about the kudos. we are just trying to drive as fast and precisely as possible.

Nor do I see them pulling powerslides at Laguna Seca- I defninately love sims better

Forza2 will be much better than the first. For starters its going to have over 300 cars(not bad) The sound should also be improved. The graphics go without saying since the xbox360 blows the old system away

The cool thing about the xbox360 is that you can listen to your own music on your harddrive no matter what game you are playing which rocks.

I hope we are not dissappointed with forza2(im expecting alot from this this time around)

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I don't think we will, as long as they don't rush it. I'd like to seem them expand the custom car stuff too. The paint job things were great in the last game, except they didn't have letters available. So, you'd spent layer after layer to create like, the letter E.

I didn't know that you could listen to custom soundtracks on every game, I haven't messed with that yet. I could dig playing some G.R.A.W. with some of my music, I'll have to look into it.

I just picked up MotoGP for the 360 nd love it. It takes a bit of getting used to since the physics on a bike are different, but other than that it's a great racing game.

I've got GRAW, Moto GP and Perfect Dark Zero. I've only played the first two stages of PD0 (i got it at this bar as a giveaway). GRAW and MotoGP are sweet though.

-O

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I heard the other day that Forza 2 will have weather effects... ONe more thing GT5 will have to contend with.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Sweet! The weather in MotoGP is freaking awesome, I just wish there was some wind, that's the only thing missing.

But I love going down the main stretch, trying to catch up to a guy kicking mist against my visor, it just looks so sweet.

-O

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I have some friends playing MotoGP right now they also say its really good.
I am not into motorcycle racing as much as cars, but I did have the demo for MotoGP and it was fun.. After I get back from vacation I may just pick it up.

BTW: my gamertag for xbox360 live is :Tone Marley

I will be playing PGR3 until Test Drive Unlimited comes out and then Forza2. If you get either of these games when they come out look me up

If GT4 had online racing it may have been the best racing game out there. But no way! Not anymore the quality of the competition is soooooo much higher online. More than anything the computer can throw at you.

Plus the lack of damage to the cars in GT4 was a big disappointment.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
GT4 is a great game, but more than that, for me, it is a heartbreaker.

Why? It is always the first game that stops working. When it happened last itme, I thought "Oh well, warranties run out, I'll get a new ps2". It played GT4 for about 2 months, before deciding it was just too good to be played (or something).

It's not even the usual "Disc Read Error" that usually signals the death of the ps2, it just sits there trying to read it, not even spinning the disc. There's a huge thread about the problem somewher eon the internet, but even using most of the suggestions there, nothing short of sending it off or buying a new one will make it work.

Heartbreaking....I hadn't even got started on the endurance races

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
That is a shame cause the endurance races are great.

my xobx did the same thing with GTA Vice city AND San Andreas. I had to get a new Xbox.

Now my Xbox360 gets picky about playing PG3 and this system is only 2 1/2 months old.

I swear they design this stuff to break quickly on purpose(at least it seems that way

new topics

top topics

join