It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concerning descendents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I've been bouncing this thought around for a while now and wondered what you all would think once I proposed it.

I assume that Atlantis once existed, but was destroyed by what ever cause. Now if the people of Atlantis were as technologically or magically (whatever meaning of the word you personally have) advance, there would have been some able to escape. As these survivors came into contact with outside cultures, they kept their orgins a secret. This, I assume, was the best choice of action at the time. But as time passed the secrets of Atlantis were forgotten. Atlantis became no more than a myth even to the descendents of the survivors.
Here is my thought: If Atlantis was a place where magic was wielded freely (which may be a reason for its destruction), the imprint of that power must still exist. Would Atlantis still have a hold then in some shape or form on its unknowning descendents? Some type of force that forever connects these people to a dead place that existed long ago?

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
so your having funky dreams i take it.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
No I'm not. It was just an idea that popped into my head one day. And for future discussion: I do not believe myself to be a descendent of Antlantis.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I always believed that once Atlantis is found then we will also find either the power source or what is left of the power source that Atlanteans used.

As far as it having a hold on present Atlanteans would be unknown until a power source is actually found and a descendent is found for Atlanteans. Neither of which has been done.

Now there is the magnetic disturbance in the Bermuda Triangle. Could that be part of the Atlantean Continent? Or is it just part of this planets makeup?

Excellent topic ShadowedRedemption, I will be following it.

[edit on 6/16/2006 by Stari]

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Okay, I have an interesting idea...maybe JK Rowling is a descendent of the survivors of Atlantis, and maybe she got the idea for Harry Potter by subconsciesly remembering stuff that was let in her mind from generations ago. Maybe Voldemort was a real person and it was him who destroyed Atlantis?

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Atlantis couldn't have been that technologically advanced given that their army was so easily beaten by the Athenians ......

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Atlantis couldn't have been that technologically advanced given that their army was so easily beaten by the Athenians ......

Well it is my understanding that Atlantis ruled over their land for many hundreds or even thousands of years. Am I right?

I just reread Platos Critias and Timeous for the third time and I actually do not remember reading the duration of time that the Atlantis kingdom was around.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   
hm..what if these people that have dreams of atlantis are either..

a: a descendent
or
b: the spirit of a atlantian is showing them this...hoping someone finds atlantis so their spirits can rest

consider

ghost,spirits,or poltergist are remenants of a person's will. now this usually happens if something happened in their life that they are angry about, and can't rest until something is done.

now all the possible was Atlantis was destroyed would definatly have this happen. So what if some of the spirits want to R.I.P, and the only way would be through..well..the dreams. but that would also mean that when we do find it, their would be many ghosts their.
some happy, others rather steamed...who knows. Only way to truely know is find it

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by tenlaius
hm..what if these people that have dreams of atlantis are either..

a: a descendent
or
b: the spirit of a atlantian is showing them this...hoping someone finds atlantis so their spirits can rest

That is an interesting thought.. Does any one here reading this have dreams of Atlantis and their inhabitants? I would be interested in hearing (I mean reading) them.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stari
As far as it having a hold on present Atlanteans would be unknown until a power source is actually found and a descendent is found for Atlanteans. Neither of which has been done...magnetic disturbance in the Bermuda Triangle...part of the Atlantean Continent?...part of this planets makeup?
[edit on 6/16/2006 by Stari]

In order:
1) How do you know that we would have to wait until both a power source and a descendant are found? Would we recognize either if we saw them?
2) Nope. Most likely a methane seep. Check out this site for a quick intro to gas hydrates:
en.wikipedia.org...
As you can see, the Bermuda Triangle area is clearly marked as a gas hydrate sample site. There's tons of scientific literature to substantiate this. It's quite natural.

Besides, even if an Atlantean power source was found, you don't really think that would be publicized, do you? Heavens no!

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Does anyone out there feel as though they are a decendent?

new topics

top topics

join