It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a theory on god,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
me and my friends were sitting around one day and my mate came out with his theory, that "God" was energy that triggered the big bang that effectively, created the universe

peace out

TheOne

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
woa that was short and to the point lol
But a flaw in your theory how does that explain the beliefs that date back thousands of years.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOne12345
me and my friends were sitting around one day and my mate came out with his theory, that "God" was energy that triggered the big bang that effectively, created the universe

Many agree with the idea that a God or what many refer to as The God started the Universe. Like the Deists, Christians, Hindus, Muslims, Bahai, etc.

I do also...

An Alternative Mystical View On God

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ronishia
But a flaw in your theory how does that explain the beliefs that date back thousands of years.

well i think that many ancient civilisations may have had a deeper understanding of the universe than we do today and may have detected an energy that they called "God" and then decided that it created all that exists..

like i sed, just a theory

peace out

TheOne

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   

well i think that many ancient civilisations may have had a deeper understanding of the universe than we do today and may have detected an energy that they called "God" and then decided that it created all that exists..

like i sed, just a theory

peace out

TheOne

My husband actually believes the same as yourself, he believes that god is an energy not an entity. he thinks that our souls after we die joins up with other energys and continuously goes in a cycle ( could see this as reincarnation i suppose), he thinks this big ball of energy is always replemishing itself to keep the world turning so to speak, you could say that mother nature is apart of this cycle aswell.

hope i made sense i just e read what i wrote and didnt underst6and a word of it *sighs*

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Me and my friends were sitting around one day and my mate came out with his theory, that "God" was energy that triggered the big bang that effectively, created the universe.

That's it? That's all? You mean to say there's no big, white-bearded man in the clouds who watches over us and loves us and will harshly judge us if we step out of line and make us suffer in Hell for all eternity? Is that what you're saying?

So who created this energy? (Trick Question)

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
does'nt this belong here ---> Faith, Spirituality, & Theology ???

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Neat, TheOne12345. Afterall, when you get down to it, the Universe is all energy (and levels of energy), and "God" always was and always will be. E=mc^2. stuff. How about this--we are "God" experiencing this universe. The greatest experience is loving others as yourself (don't forget to love yourself!) Here's a thought I had one day re us as God (we're made in His image)--God is like a big pile of yeast dough and we're the little pinches you can take from it, we're part of the Big Dough. So, also, as Jesus said, whatever you do for the least you do for Me. Learning to see the face of God in ourselves, and others, is not easy but with practice it gets easier.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   

My husband actually believes the same as yourself, he believes that god is an energy not an entity.

IMHO, your husband has the right idea and many agree with him.

"God" is the nonliving and infinite Light that many Near Death Experiencers report "at the end of the tunnel." The Light, which constitutes the only way that reality can manifest at all from nothingness in a linear context, is governed by Universal Law which cannot be changed one iota.

The higher the plane, the brighter and more powerful the dimension of energy in The Light. The more advanced the soul, the greater its ability to ascend/expand its consciousness in The Light after bodily death. Channeling notwithstanding, we are all cut off from direct access to The Light or "God" until our souls leave the flesh and return to the Primary Reality of Spirit.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Surely the aincent people whould not of understand that the thing they were calling God was just a large source of energy which would explain why they had to "make up" the technical details of what exactley it was.

lol reading that im not sure if even i understand it but anyway ???

new topics

top topics

join