It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You feel that up draft?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
IF the draft was ever reinstated. Would you think it would be better for people to sign up for the military instead of just being drafted. So you could possible get a better postion then you would if you were drafted?

Or do you think since they have a draft they would just put you where ever they want? IF one were to join which branch would be best? I was thinking the AF, because from all the miltary people and recruiters i've talk to they said they treat you the best. Even some guys in other branches told me this.

I hope there isn't going to be a draft and the probably isn't going to be, but on the off chance there is what do you guys think about this.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I doubt you would get to choose where to go.
But if i could,It wouldn't be the navy, I get terribly sea-sick.
Haven't ever had the experience of flying, so i might give AF a try

Although, now that i think about it, my sea-sickness might be
air-sickness as well. So i'm screwed anywhere i go, oh well

[edit on 6/4/2006 by Sandro]

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
..............ahhh, startin to like my recent, 37th birthday a little more now.....................

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I would hope that if they start drafting people again that they use some of the psychological evaluations they have and some interest type testing to make sure that the people go to the "best fit" type of job. Hopefully it would cut down on mental health problems and on desertions. I can just imagine someone going postal in the mess hall because his peas and potatoes got mixed together. Not everyone is cut out for active duty and these people need to be screened out and put to best service in other options.
With everyone having to serve, there should be enough variety of people to fill all the types of service needed in the military.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Check out this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you're interested here you'll like it. Very informative.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I'd imagine everyone that's drafted would have to take the same ASVAB as anyone else takes when joining up to see what they're qualified to do. As far as the difficulty of the branches, the common wisdom seems to be that the marines are the most "military" of the branches, followed by the army - in the navy you'll probably get to travel a lot, and the air force is the most like a "conventional" job - if for nothing else than the reason that the deployment length is the shortest of all the branches. Not sure where the coast guard would fit in, but I always figured they stayed based stateside. Also remember - joining the air force doesn't mean by any stretch that you'll be seeing any time in the air!

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Old Finnish proverb on military branches:
"Most of those who wear blue, don't fly; But each and everyone who wears green crawls"

I assume that goes for US military too

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by northwolf
Old Finnish proverb on military branches:
"Most of those who wear blue, don't fly; But each and everyone who wears green crawls"

I assume that goes for US military too

Oh yes, my dad was in the Air Force during toward the end of the Vietnam War. They trained like infantrymen to a degree. During and after basic, they did a lot of PT, practiced with their weapons(M-16A1 and 1911), had drill. And all he did during that time was manage a weapons depot(keep inventory, move parts and other supplies where needed). But times change, he wouldnt have been able to be in the Air Force today most likely because its not as easy to get into as it used to be. But I think this saying applies to todays modern militaries very well.

new topics

top topics

join