It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can we solve the knife problem?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
You banned guns, and now are banning knives? Then what, ban cars, and bats, and sticks, and bricks, and rocks, and tire irons, and eventually hands so you can't hold weapons?

Actually there you go, ban the thumb! If you can't hold a weapon you can't kill people. Who will be the first one to have their thumbs cut off?

At least I can still carry pepper spray back at home, and the English consider us the savages, they can't even make a good meal without an eel or other slimed animal put on top when it is still alive.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
America is crazy for having more guns than dogs. And the statistics do show way more gun deaths per person than over here (in fact I think murder over all is higher than over here). That said I don’t think much can be done about it, and going against guns costs way too much political capital for what the issue is worth.
But I would certainly rather be stabbed than shot. Once a bullet hits you it usually bounces around inside you (how badly is mostly down to chance).

Furthermore I've never eaten a meal with something living on top (that's the Japanese-Chinese isn't it?). Judging from working at a supermarket many UK people seem to eat vegetables, meat and processed food. And it always seems to be certain kinds of people who eat these in the extreme (e.g. the lower class (and especially Chavs) loves processed food even though it’s more expensive than vegetables) (both in terms of weight and energy). It’s always the middle and upper class who seem to go in for the vegetables most. As for meat; well you will probably never see a Chav with anything other than battery chicken in their mouth.

CX

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Sorry but whilst i agree a 20 year sentence would be a deterrent, if the UK's justice system is ignorant enough to dish out just 6 years.......oh sorry it was raised to an unbelievably high 8 years
for raping a 12 week old baby whilst filming it, they are hardly likely to dish out 20 years for carrying a knife are they?

I've said it before, start by banning the sales of all the unneccessary knives. You don't need throwing knives, you don't need fantasy knives that make you look like your movie hero! Restrict combat knife sales to soldiers with ID. How hard would it be for knife sellers to ask for specific permits to be shown for different classes of knives?

Yes i know this still leaves knives like kitchen knives, but it's a start and kitchen knives are a lot less cool to carry than a 12 inch rambo blade!

I'd go with the increased sentencing myself, but as i said above, i can't see that happening in my lifetime. Arm the police, once a few knife wielders are shot dead becasue they were endangering life, maybe we'd see a few less knives being carried.

CX.

<< 1   >>

join