It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

human organs taken from prisinors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Just wondered what people view were on the following article.

Chinese whistleblowers have reported for many years that human organs like livers, kidneys, hearts and lungs are routinely harvested in China from executed prisoners.

"In June 2001, Wang Guoqi, a Chinese former military physician, told US congressmen he had worked at execution grounds helping surgeons to harvest the organs of more than 100 executed prisoners, without prior consent," reports the Guardian. "The surgeons used converted vans parked near the execution grounds to begin dissecting the bodies, he told the house international relations committee's human rights panel.

personally i dont have a problem with using prisoners body parts after execution

more on this article

"Skin was said to be highly valued for the treatment of burn victims, and Dr Wang said that in 1995 he skinned a shot convict's body while the man's heart was still beating. Dr Wang, who was seeking asylum in the US, also alleged that corneas and other body tissue were removed for transplant, and said his hospital, the Tianjin paramilitary police general brigade hospital, sold body parts for profit.

ok fair enough if it is being done illegally then i think its wrong. How many other countries do you think do this aswell, be intresting to find out

what do you think about this?
LINK

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Actually its a bit of a misnomer. You really cannot take much in the way of organs once somebody dies. They have to be alive for you to "harvest" the organs. Brain dead maybe but alive none the less to get organs

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I do not have an issue with it. Let their corpses contribute to society what they never did and, in doing so, perform a service they were incapable of in life.

It does sort of cast an eerie light on the "eye for an eye" mantra. So much the better. Perhaps people will think twice before they pull something rotten on the next guy.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bibliophile
I do not have an issue with it. Let their corpses contribute to society what they never did and, in doing so, perform a service they were incapable of in life.

Hmmm maybe so but, Id wager alot of these "donors" in China are more likely political prisioners et al.

The rate of disease in the US prison population Hepatitis and AIDS to name a few make many unsuitable for donation in any case

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I disagree with the death penalty and what people in china are imprisoned for but it seems like a waste not to use the organs if there perfectly good.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

...Hmmm maybe so but, Id wager alot of these "donors" in China are more likely political prisioners et al...

Unlike our so-called president, I do not have a propensity or desire for meddling in the affairs of other countries. This is, for me, neither an issue nor a problem.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Profit apparently beats common sense, if you give them a motive to execute people, then sooner or later, more offenses will carry the death penalty. furthermore, if you managed to curtail the execution industry, anybody making big buxx off killed people will be looking for new sources, so anybody with a set of usable organs better take note.

Think about it, it's not that hard, and please, don't tell me how i am a hopeless hysterical drama queen for stating that, just because 'it could never happen' or 'it would be too obvious' because any predicted abuse of technology came true rather quickly, just check out the thread on prenatal diagnostics, or GM crops, i can still her the praises about safety, now we have cross contamination around the world and no-one cares or helps the victims (not just farmers, mind you, allergic people have a right to live, too).

of course, the 'pro-xy' crowd is nowhere to be found when # hits the fan, what a surprise ! don't count on being out of the line of fire when they come for you with the rigged tazers (the stuff kills within ~an hour, enough to haul you to hospital for eviscerating)

Got Organ ?

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
If i had a dime for every thread i killed, i'd be a millionaire by now.

follow-up: www.multiline.com.au... , if anyone believes that such practices can be contained, think again, it worked, on drugs, weapons and illegal aliens, right

new topics

top topics

join