It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom Tower

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Hey guys, what do you think about the design of the Freedom Tower being built in New York.

Its 1,776 feet tall
Its cornerstone was laid on July 4th

heres a picture

Personally I think its hideous and with all the patriotic symbolism very camp. But what do you think?

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I think they should habe built two new ones EXACTLY like the old ones, but even bigger.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
What do I think about it? I think the American Government still have no clue WHY they were attacked.

Scenario:
A matador wears red, and get gored by a bull.
After several years of recovering in hospital, what does he do?

I don't know, but the last thing he should do is wear even more red in front of the bull. (To prove his point.)

...I dunno if I explained that well enough, but the same goes for

think they should habe built two new ones EXACTLY like the old ones, but even bigger.

but even moreso.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
i actually think it looks pretty cool

where is it being built? is it on the old twin tower site? if so i dont agree with this, i think the site should remain building free in respect to the many who died there.

but still looks cool

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Yeah, it's on the old site, as a memorial and symbol.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   

The height to the top of the spire is set to be 1,776 feet (541 m), a tribute to the year 1776, when the Declaration of Independence was drafted.

Very patriotic I guess, but I do agree with Ground Zero being kept as is. Rebuild elsewhere, I would want the land surrounding the old towers to be left the way it has been over the last couple years.

new topics

top topics

join