It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldier shot in the leg during bullet "resistant" vest test

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 02:15 AM
link   
www.break.com...

this video which may be circulating around the net, seems to be a fake. but infact is isnt.

this actually happened an the afghan soldier was mis-interpereted(sp) he though he was suppose to shoot the soldier in the chest thinking he was wearing the vest.

i afghany just had some bad aim

this video is now part of what i think is called the combat safety video, it may be a different name but its part a military safety video.

suposedly im getting a package from my father who is in afghanistan containing a bunch of clips like this. of things that really happen over there

I also posted a thread with a log of a firefight for anyone that hasnt seen it

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Hahaha ROFL

What is that... something from Afghanistan's Funniest Home Videos?

I doubt that even Beavis and Butthead would be so stupid to stand at the wrong end of a firing range.

It's obviously faked.. there's about a half second delay between when the first shot is fired and when it hits the embankment.

[edit on 4-6-2006 by Xenophobe]

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 02:25 AM
link   
well sadly to say it actually happened, as much as it looks like a fake

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Haha

You can plainly see the first miss, about 15 metres in front of the soldier, but they still go on. And that dude holding the plate is a complete doofball. He's more than happy to get shot at by some remf from 50 meters away with a -47. Hilarious.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Yeah, that vid has been around for awhile...still funny has hell though.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I've never seen that video before. Some guy holding a target above his head, what could possibly go wrong?
If I was in his place I would have ran away scared after the first miss. "Get me another shooter!"

Here's in this picture another case of geniuses not thinking their plan all the way through.

[edit on 4-6-2006 by ufia]

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufia

Here's in this picture another case of geniuses not thinking their plan all the way through.

[edit on 4-6-2006 by ufia]

with respect -- i doubt that they are ACTUALLY planning to shoot at that target ,

look at the building behind

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
The video is fake. No member of the US Military would ever hold a target for a live round to shoot at.

Not only that, but if you look to the left you will see another soldier. Just before they shoot the first shot, you can see the soldier aiming a gun. This gun is probably the gun used for the "special effect" of a dust puff to make it seem more real. Closer examination of the puff of dust from the first shot shows that the dust moves to the right, meaning the bullet was fired from the left.

Also, a 7.62mm round has a muzzle velocity of 2,750 fps. According to this video it was traveling about 500 feet per second.

Dont let this training video of gun control fool you. It is a mock up made to make you laugh, and never forget.

To further prove this was only a fake training video I will show you a screen shot of the 2nd to last frame of the movie.

One last note... If you got shot in the leg with a 7.62mm round you wouldnt say "OW!" you would say "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH F**KINGAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!". And also, you would see blood and skin blow out of the back of your leg on impact.

Enough said... Sign Out LAES yvaN

[edit on 5-6-2006 by LAES YVAN]

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   
no ,the camera quality isnt good enough, this is a real video, the round went through an through.

not enough time for blood

dont try to make it look like you know what your talking about,because you dont.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
LOL I just keep thinking of William Tell Jr. People can be so stupid so I wont say it cant be real.

But man that was pretty far to be shooting at such a small target with a Junk God only knows how old AK. Ive seen trick shooters do stuff like that but thoose guys are amazing shots and sure as heck dont use AKs.

[edit on 5-6-2006 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Its funny as hell either way! I sure as hell wouldn't volunteer to stand at the end of a shooting range! If it is a fake it was probably done because some poor soldiers over there got bored and decided to make a funny video. If you notice, they are all giggling at the beginning of the video.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 05:29 AM
link   

What kind of mentality is this?

I think the interpretor told the Afghan to shoot him in the leg

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I cant get access to the video.

Who was firing? Dick cheney?

Anyone else spot the Afghanistan link with Dalair?Daddy wouldn,t be a security contractor by any chance?.Would explain the mystery stash he ''found'' in the woods

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
I cant get access to the video.

Who was firing? Dick cheney?

Anyone else spot the Afghanistan link with Dalair?Daddy wouldn,t be a security contractor by any chance?.Would explain the mystery stash he ''found'' in the woods

I didn't, but now i see what you mean..

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DalairTheGreat
no ,the camera quality isnt good enough, this is a real video, the round went through an through.

not enough time for blood

dont try to make it look like you know what your talking about,because you dont.

You can clearly see a guy holding an pointing a gun to the left of the target before the first shot. If you think this is real you need a major reality check buddy. IT IS FAKED FOR TRAINING.

And I DO know what im talking about, that 7.62mm round took HALF A SECOND to fly a distance that look to be less than 250 feet. Multiply 250 by 2 that gives you 500 feet per second. A 7.62mm round flys 2,750 fps at a messurement taken from 78feet away from the tip of the muzzel. Ive been in the military for 11 years and I've fired an AK-47 and AK-101 MANY times.

This is FAKE.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
remember you also have to put in account the wind for the slight slowness an sway of the bullet.

Plus iraqis shoot like [edited]

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Trust me buddy, I've shot paintball guns with a higher velocity than that video. The video is created to teach "what not to do". By the U.S. Army Combat Readiness Center. They make videos like this ALL THE TIME, that help Risk Management, because people are killed by accidents almost at the rate of 1 death per day. The US ACRC's job is to prevent these accidents any way possible.

crc.army.mil...

There is also the D.V.I. Defense Visual Information

www.dodmedia.osd.mil...

You might even beable to find the video here.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
those dont really show anything proving that this is fake

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
You really want me to prove its fake? So be it.

--evidence and explanation--

An AK-47 uses a 7.62 x 39 mm round that has a velocity of +/- 2,330 feet per second.

According to THIS VIDEO that is cut to 87 hundredths of a second long, it took 80 hundredths of a second for the bullet to travel from the muzzle to the dirt. That would mean the gun is 1,864 feet away from the landing zone of the bullet. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that the camera guy, and the guy holding the ballistic plate IS NOT 1,864 feet apart. 1,864 feet is equal to 5.1777 professional football fields.

Also according to the video it took the guy holding the ballistic plate 21 seconds to run from the camera, to the spot where he holds up the plate. If the distance was 1,864 feet, that would mean the guy holding the plate ran 88.76 feet a second, that is 60.51 Miles Per Hour. The worlds fastest man can only run 328 feet in 9.77 seconds, that is 33.57 feet per second. If the soldier holding the ballistic plate ran 88.76 feet per second, and the worlds fastest man alive can only run 33.57 feet per second. I think the soldier is in the wrong profession, and he should probably try out for the Olympics.

Besides the slow bullet, and the ultra fast human soldier. Take a look at the guy just to the left of the soldier holding the ballistic plate. The soldier appears in view 3 times, each time he is shown, it appears that he goes from a "normal" stance to an "aimed" stance.

Was he aiming a gun? Was he aiming a slingshot or wrist rocket loaded with a rock? It

appears so...

Closer examination of the leg that was supposedly hit by a 7.62mm bullet, shows that NOTHING HIT. After the shot of the bullet, the solider drops the ballistic plate and leans over to grab his leg. The very second he leans down, his pants make a crease because of his leaning forward movement. That crease makes it appear as though something moved his pants, but it was his movement alone that made the crease appear. That fact that the crease doesn't appear until he moves his body proves that a bullet didn't hit. Also, the crease in his pants reflect the sun. If he was really hit by a bullet in that spot, there would be obvious markings of a hole created by the bullet, but no hole is visible.

Another thing to point out is the soldiers reaction. One wouldn't react to a bullet shot until it happens. According to THIS SPLIT VIDEO he reacts to the bullet, even though nothing hit his leg. Trust me when I say your leg would move the second you get hit by this massive bullet. His leg never moved, neither did his pants, until AFTER he leans forward. So when the video replays the shot in the leg in slow motion, with the blackout around the leg, it is showing NOTHING but a crease made in the pants because of his movement.

Now, listen to the sound alone, play the video but close your eyes. Every time the soldier replies to the camera mans questions, it sounds as though the answers were edited in. Or at least they edited the sound's output to raise the volume of the soldier to make it more easy to hear. Now pay attention to the questions and answers:

Soldier Target: "Whered' it go?"

Camera Man: "I don't know did you see it?"

Soldier Target: "No"

Camera Man: "Did it hit it?"

Soldier Target: "I don't think so, my arms didn't move."

These few sentences alone, prove they are VERY BAD ACTORS. Either both the camera man and the soldier target are BLIND AS A BATT. Or they are "Playing Dumb". If a bullet from any sized gun, was being shot towards you holding a target, you would instantly know if that target was hit or not. You would NOT say "I dont think so, my arms didn't move". You would either look at the target to examine it for a hole, or you would just instantly "know".

This is a VERY pathetic job of acting, and special effects. And it is not even close to being real, it is certainly fake. It was filmed as an example of "what not to do", to prevent really unneeded accidents. Hence the reason why it was filmed by the U.S. Army Combat Readiness Center, also known as the U.S. Army Safety Center.

What makes me even more curious is why on earth would they test a ballistic plate that is previously rated to handle a 7.62mm M80 Ball round? If it says 7.62mm M-80 Ball Protection on the vest, you better believe it can handle that round, because peoples lives are on the line.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Nice analysis LAES,

You have been voted for the Way Above Top Secret award.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join