It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Time to start planing,what we need,to buy and store up!
Even if you can plant some little garden,that might help out,rice is cheap and will fill you up,start now and be ready,this flu,will be bad news for the world.its now or never?

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
ITs always a good idea to have survival necessities!

I toy around with the idea that cannibalism is inevitable. THere was a blackout a few years ago in Canada, then in London (if I recall correctly, also Sweden?) ANyways, first thing people did was barbeque their frozen meats, and had parties. Food stores were raided. Lets say there is a petrol problem in the future (or any lack of necessity for life) after grocery stores and such are looted, then neighborhood pets would disappear... then people. Kinda freaky?

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by payinblack
Time to start planing,what we need,to buy and store up!
Even if you can plant some little garden,that might help out,rice is cheap and will fill you up,start now and be ready,this flu,will be bad news for the world.its now or never?

I iagree w/ you! Costco started all of a sudden selling emergency food supply kits! It must have a connection huh? I found a bird flu website that has info on preparing 4 it.Here it is: www.birdflu.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   
This indeed a great topic. We should know what to prepare for and what we need to prepare.

I'd like to ask a question, since the H5N1 virus will be spreadable through air, should we stock up on some gas masks? Does anyone know of any that you can get at the local stores? I know alot of the masks you buy for automotive painting have the possibility to exchange the air filter in them with other air filters, does anyone anything about this?

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper

I'd like to ask a question, since the H5N1 virus will be spreadable through air, should we stock up on some gas masks? Does anyone know of any that you can get at the local stores? I know alot of the masks you buy for automotive painting have the possibility to exchange the air filter in them with other air filters, does anyone anything about this?

Do a search of the site, it's been discussed ad nauseum I believe.

AFAIK the standard of particulate filtering needed is "N95", not sure what that means or who sets it (I'd guess OSHA in the USA).

You do not need a military-grade NBC respirator, according to what I have heard. However I err on the side of caution and I have ready access to military gear, so that is what I personally choose to go with.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by hachiban08
I found a bird flu website that has info on preparing 4 it.Here it is: www.birdflu.com...

The links on that website are mostly promoting affiliate products for money (and they're hidden). I would find a more reliable source for that information.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   

The links on that website are mostly promoting affiliate products for money (and they're hidden). I would find a more reliable source for that information.

like info like this??=]
Bird Flu Mutation Risk

The deadly H5N1 form of the bird flu virus is rapidly mutating and the world must be on guard even though the disease has yet to be transmitted between humans, experts told a meeting in Beijing, Chinese media said on Tuesday.
The closed door conference, attended by experts from the Chinese and U.S. centers for disease control and the World Health Organization among others, opened on Monday, the official newspaper of the Chinese Health Ministry reported.
“The experts said that despite there being no evidence yet of human-to-human transmission of bird flu, the highly pathogenic H5N1 form of the virus is continuing to rapidly mutate, and human infections keep happening,“ the Health News reported.
“H5N1 is a virus that has the potential for mass transmission, and people cannot slacken off in their control efforts,“ it added in a front-page story.
According to Reuters, the report provided no other details, except that the meeting will discuss bird flu vaccines.
The virus has killed 164 people since 2003, according to the WHO.
“These might not be large numbers but we cannot let that lull us into a false security,“ Henk Bekedam, the WHO’s representative in China, said in a speech at the meeting, a copy of which was obtained by Reuters on Tuesday.
“Right now, a growing public health challenge is overcoming effects of ’bird flu fatigue’,“ he said.
“Just because an avian influenza pandemic has not hit, or because there is lower media coverage at times, does not mean the very real and ongoing threat of one has gone away,“ Bekedam added.
“Right now, the H5N1 virus does not transfer easily from animals to humans or from humans to humans. But that could change at any moment and we must prepare for that possibility.“
The H5N1 virus remains mainly a virus of birds, but experts fear it could change into a form easily transmitted from person to person and sweep the world, killing millions within weeks or months.
So far, most human cases can be traced to direct or indirect contact with infected birds.
China has not reported a poultry outbreak since September 20 last year, though earlier this month the health ministry confirmed a man in the eastern province of Anhui had contracted bird flu but subsequently recovered.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Ok let me post some information that is real. This website only reports the truth and never accepts money to promote anything.

Feature articles on bird flu

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
google has advertisement ads tho lol the site is kinda helpful, thanx

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
This site is a top one planforpandemic.com...
great planing ideas for all ..

Today in OZ ... at the bottom of the world we are told to get used to wearing face masks to slow the flu raging through ... already a higher than average mortality count for this year . With news of pandemic looming .

news.ninemsn.com.au...

new topics

top topics

join