It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Bush Gives Same-Sex Marriage Ban Another Try In U.S. Senate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
IMPLEMENTOFWAR people like you believe in what Hitler did to the jews and think its alright!!
implementofwar you should be banned from this thread, I find your conments disgusting.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
no more drama, please...

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   
how is chenney going to react?
Isnt his daughter gay?

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Chenney has to stay out of this one.
I have to wonder if Pres Bush throws up! when he thinks about Dick and his daughter

I really think Bush has gone over boad on this.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Most societies in the world practice forms of marriage other than monogamy, e.g. some form of polygamy. Even many characters in the Bible had polygamous marriages. Bush's assertion that one man-one woman is somehow the most fundamental institution is a complete fabrication of the history of civilization. Not to mention that "homosexual" marriages have been occurring for a long time in various countries. Any anthropologist who studies this for a living will say the same.

Many anthropologists term the type of monogamy that occurs in Western society "serial monogamy" as polygamy is illegal, yet it is acceptable to have an indefinite number of marriages.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Lettuce not forget the alternate reason behind the FMA which parallels and works hand-in-hand with the the Christianist charge to support what appear to be on the surface the usual homophobic policies. This is really about denying a lot of benefits to a lot of people, people. While the neo-cons speak out of both sides of their mouths to the key of dual-audiences, real-life thinking, breathing, gay soldiers are dying in Iraq, so that others may think freely? The real travesty is that nobody powerful on the left has the kajones to speak to on the real reasons behind the superficial ones which are merely used to drive the religious kook voter base that comprises the Republicans' support on this issue. The corporatists can sleep well knowing their peons are in line, while John Smith can sleep well after knocking up his wife for the fifth time on his animal farm in alabama knowing he's helped big brother beat up the queers once again.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 05:00 AM
link   
and, let's also not forget....

these gay marriage bans seem to have the ability to reach out and effect the lives of heterosexual couples also...

www.woio.com...

it appears that these bans are only aimed at denying a small amount of rights to this small group of people, but, in reality, I think it's real agenda is to deny rights to all unmarried couples, be they of the same sex, or not. with just a little more defining of the word "marriage" they could have their subservient little wives back probably...

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 05:35 AM
link   
OOP! it is election time and the republicans and bush are way down in the polls time to break out those faithful work horses immigration, gay marriage and flag burning to distract people from the real issues. i don't know who the fools are though...the callow politicans who promote these straw dawgs or the people who fall for them.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   
The Bush administration knows they are facing impeachment.

This is nothing more than a ploy to distract and divide Americans on a matter of personal choice.

They know that if people come together and focus on the failures of this administration, the corruption scandals, the War and the truth about 9/11, they will be removed from office.

Note that this ploy has come to life during the imposed 45 day cooling off period on congressional
corruption.

It may also be an indicator of in-fighting between Bush and Cheney over PlameGate.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImplementOfWar

I dont consider people who are clean as meterosexuals.

I consider people who wear pink and expose their chest and talk like they are a borderline fag as meterosexual.

I'm clean and I'm straight. I dont wear pink, I dont walk around with my chest hanging out unless I am at the beach, I dont talk like a fag, I dont try to act sensitive and say things only a fag or a woman would say.

I am a heterosexual.

Btw my suggestion was half serious and half joking. I dont expect there to be a ban on gay marriages, and I dont expect there to ever be a ban on gay relationships. As much as I would love to see it happen, im realistic in thinking it probably wont ever happen.

Oh my god! Men wearing pink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Let us thank the gods that we have such valiant crusaders such as yourself out there who stanmd between civilization and anarchy by NOT wearing pink!

What does exposing one's chest have to do with gayness anyway? Are you telling me dudes who walk around shirtless are gay? or guys who like to leave their shirts open are queer? I know alot of very big very straight guys who walk around with open shirts because it is the fashion who would probably pound your skull in to show you just how gay they are.

My husband has a couple of pink shirts. Id like to see you try and tell him hes gay.

I can tell you probably have enough problems in your life getting a date without having to club her over the head and drag her back to your cave, so Ill leave you to them.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

I dont wear pink, I dont walk around with my chest hanging out unless I am at the beach, I dont talk like a fag, I dont try to act sensitive and say things only a fag or a woman would say.

What does exposing one's chest have to do with gayness anyway? Are you telling me dudes who walk around shirtless are gay? or guys who like to leave their shirts open are queer? I know alot of very big very straight guys who walk around with open shirts because it is the fashion who would probably pound your skull in to show you just how gay they are.

LoL! Exactly. Tell Tom Jones (Yes, Mr Sex Bomb) that an open shirt means he's gay... Wasn't this also a favourite fashion of Elvis Presley? Oh, the arguments of Homophobes always crack me up.

Anyhows, if I were Mr Bush, I’d shift my focus to some more serious matters. Like a war in a certain country… Not doing any good for him, is it?

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Hopefully enough people are seeing through this ploy.

It all goes back to trying to keep Republican control of congress.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Let's not forget the fact that one of the main reasons Bush is so anti-Gay is because of the Health Care Insurance pundits in Washington don't want to have to deal with allowing homosexual couples the same rights as heterosexual couples.

The whole thing is assinine. I tend to agree. Maybe this country should try fixing some other problems before it tries to tell people what morals they should have. Personally I am a happily married hetero with a 10 month old. But I could care less if you are gay, straight, or even like farm animals as long as you don't push your views on me or my family. Opinions are like sphincters, everyone has one.

CK

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
the bbc is reporting that they voted against it -

news.bbc.co.uk...

11 votes short of the 60 needed to ban it.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
all I have to say is that if the american people...particularly the far christian right fall for this again, well, they deserve whatever kind of hellhole these idiots create for them!!

I mean, they have PURPOSELY FAILED to push and CONSTITUTIONALLY ACEEPTABLE bill to restrict abortion to enforcement!! they just keep writing bills that they KNOW will be shot down as unconstitutional by the supreme court...they chose to ignore any relevance of the life and well being of the mother, knowing danged well it won't go anywhere like that.

come on...they can't be stupid enough to fall for it again, can they?

Dawnstar, there will always be someone stupid enough to fall for anything. And twice too, believe it or not. It's the brainwash effect religions have on those susceptible. The promises of [?] whatever it is they promise... More sucess, glory in an afterlife? Relief from pain and suffering? Health, wealth, riches, power, and all the blessings you can handle?

AND believe it or not, people pay good money for it too. Jr. sees the business angle, worshipping mammon, and that's why he gets the hangers-on like Dobson, Robertson, Falwell, etc. Business as usual.

Jonathan Freedland: 'Big business, not religion, is the real power in the White House'
www.SmirkingChimp.com...
Low bandwidth link: www.SmirkingChimp.com...

they just keep writing bills that they KNOW will be shot down as unconstitutional by the supreme court..

Now the whole thing gets scary when you stop to remember that they've stacked the SCOTUS pretty good with Roberts and Alito--religionists who believe their blessings come from The Almighty.

Look, we're in bigger trouble with the Christian fundamentalists than any televangelist's wet dream. Video games have been teaching kids to kill for a couple decades now it has a purpose:

www.sfgate.com.../g/a/2006/06/07/notes060706.DTL" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Jesus Loves A Machine Gun
It's the new 'Left Behind' video game, where you maim and murder and hate, all in God's name. Praise!

Praise Jesus! Your video game has arrived.

Behold, blessed children, the new and upcoming "Left Behind: Eternal Forces" video game, based on the freakishly best-selling series of apocalyptic trash-lit books. It's an ultraviolent, hilariously inept, wondrously accurate portrayal of what every true right-wing Christian fundamentalist really fantasizes about after they've had one too many pink wine spritzers and have logged a few hours in the gay chat rooms and have sufficiently indoctrinated their happily numb kids with tales of vile homos and scary "progressive" liberals who want to buy them candy and tattoo their sacrums and feed them organic hot dogs.

What's the game actually about? How do you play? I believe the pro-choice, pro-religion Talk to Action blog describes it best:

Imagine: you are a foot soldier in a paramilitary group whose purpose is to remake America as a Christian theocracy, and establish its worldly vision of the dominion of Christ over all aspects of life. You are issued high-tech military weaponry, and instructed to engage the infidel on the streets of New York City. You are on a mission -- both a religious mission and a military mission -- to convert or kill Catholics, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, gays, and anyone who advocates the separation of church and state -- especially moderate, mainstream Christians. Your mission is "to conduct physical and spiritual warfare"; all who resist must be taken out with extreme prejudice.

The brainwashing is getting dangerous, in my estimation.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
psyops,

I know what you are saying, and basically agree with you. but well, there are christians, and then there are CHRISTIANS...and the signs are there in plain view for the CHRISTIANS to discern that these guys are way off the beaten path!!

and, I don't believe they really want to do away with abortion and protect life...

I think they would like to restrict abortion and prevent white middle upper class women from having them, but they would rather that minority and poorer whites not procreate. if they actually did ban abortion, their next problem would be what to do whith all these unwanted babies, and well, where are the funds to take care of them coming from...and they really don't want it coming from their pockets!! they're not that charitable!!

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Our society is still going to degrade with all the meterosexual and homosexual people running around wearing pink, kissing, and holding hands. Banning gay marriage does nothing to solve the problem. [emphasis added]

Wearing pink? Oh my God, I didn't know that was a sin. I better look through the book of Leviticus again for that part about wearing pink...

It's sad that there are still Americans that can have such a narrow-minded view of the world. I'm glad that you don't have enough of a majority to make the bible the new U.S. constitution. If you want to live in a nation that takes a tough stance on homosexuality you should look into moving to Saudi Arabia, over there they stone you to death if they find out you're gay.

I hope that when you get to heavan everyone is wearing pink bondage gear and it's nothing but a big gay sex party for the rest of eternity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join