It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror Raid In Canada

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Police executed a counter-terrorists operation near Toronto, Canada and have arrested at least 10 individuals. The detainees are being held in a suburb of Toronto.

news.bbc.co.uk
Canadian police have arrested at least 10 people in an anti-terror operation in the Toronto area.

The detainees are being held in Pickering, a suburb of the country's biggest city.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Some good news in the war against terrorism. Wouldn't be surprised if they do turn out to be terrorists that their targets were in the US. Canada could be a target because if its role in Afghanistan. But if you're in Canada and your an Islamic extremist why pick on the Great Satan's little brother when you can come in and stab Islamic enemy #1 in the back.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I wonder why they cannot tell us what the exact charges are? What were they plotting? Sure there were hundreds of officers involved in the operation? but why do I have to swallow what they say without at least listing the exact charges? Maybe a hint at what they were plotting? Is there any more information in Canadian newspapers?

Though unconfirmed, sources have told the Sun police arrested an al-Qaida cell operating in Toronto that had planned to bomb the subway as early as Monday.

'TOOL OF CHOICE'

Another source told The Canadian Press that the arrests were related to an explosives plot.

Ottawasun.com

So the Sun admits unconfirmed sources are relaying these particular allegations. Is there anything else from the authorities coming out at this moment?

[edit on 6/3/2006 by DYepes]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Here is an other article from the CBC in Toronto.

www.cbc.ca...

'Serious' bomb plot in Canada averted: police

Declaring that Canada "is not immune to the threat of terrorism," the RCMP announced on Saturday the arrests of 17 people accused of planning a series of attacks against targets in southern Ontario.

"This group holds a real and serious intent," RCMP Assistant Commissioner Mike McDonell told reporters.

"Our investigation prevented the assembly of any bombs and attacks from being carried out."
~~
"These individuals were allegedly intent on committing acts of terrorism against their own country and their own people," Prime Minister Stephen Harper said. "As we have said on many occasions, Canada is not immune to the threat of terrorism."

I blame this on Mini Me (Stephen Harper)

[edit on 3/6/2006 by Sauron]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Three tonnes of ammonium nitrate, a commonly used fertilizer used to make explosives, were recovered by police, who say that’s three times the amount used in the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing that killed 168 people.

“It was their intent to use it for a terrorist attack,” said RCMP assistant commissioner Mike McDonell.

“If I can put this in context for you, the 1995 bombing of the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City that killed 168 people was completed with only one tonne of ammonium nitrate.”

The Calgary Sun

Ok well there we have it from the Authorities. Man thats alot of possible explosives, although not exactly explosives in themselves. I do not suppose they were planning to open up a fertilizer business were they

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I've got some updated info here.

Update

17 are under arrest 12 adult men and 5 youths. Apparently they were targeting areas in Canada. They had collected three tons Ammonium Nitrate. That is the same kind of explosive that was used at Oklahoma City.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Dyepes you must have posted your reply about 10 seconds before me.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Nothing like sending out 400 cops to take 10 guys. Probably Muslims playing with paint ball guns like in Virginia. Actually the Amonnia would suggest a farmer connection. Therefore the Canadian Gov't probably needs to create a scare in order to fufill the U.N.'s global gun ban which cannot happen when Western Canada demands the Gun registry to be scrapped. Ontario law enforcement have to justify the amount of money it spends on militarizing its police force while the brainwashed reds suck off the gov't teet.
It's all fake propaganda. We have to justify Afganistan cause the NDP & Libs are yipping & yapping about pulling our troops out.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Sorry about that dan.

Yea man thankfully this was stopped. Curious if they were targetting the subway were they planning on attacking several points, or penetrating the streets on one target? That would be quite alot for one target considering the size of the OKC bombing. Perhaps they were going to wait for the rail to go under a particular street close to a building they wanted? Scary stuff man.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Jeez Batoche that is quite alot of assumption there. Tgere is a reason most every police force in the world sends in huge numbers of officers, regardless of the number of men being targeted. They want to reduce the ridsk of anyone being hurt or criminals getting away. In the past when officers would try to play lone gunman they ended up dead and the criminals would get away.

the sheer number of officers also helps ensures civilans are cleared from the area of danger so that there is no collateral damage in the worst case scenario.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
OKAY! I'm watching CNN now and they showed part of the bomb it was an R.C. adapter for a cigarette lighter & a box of flash lights!! OOOOHHHH scary, flash lights & electricity.
Run for cover!

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This article back from January notes that the New Prime Minister Harper with strong Bush ties felt as though Toronto may well be the target of terrorist false flag ops. They do leave their share of crumbs, don't they?

cloakanddagger.de

mod edit to shorten link

[edit on 3-6-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Toronto's Mayor, David Miller, has just emphatically said that this was in no way related to the TTC. He seemed rather emphatic and energetic as he said that, and he's usually a pretty laid back guy. He seemed sincere and since he's kept most if not all his election promises I'll take him at his word...for now...

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Well Batoche what were they doing with all that ammonia nitrite? If they were planning on starting a farm or fertilizer operation, than they damn well better have the documentation to show for it. Or were they just holding it for someone who was?

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
There is a hopelessly deadlocked polemic forming, fueled by ignorance and fear on both sides. It's the same tactics used in peasant villages - where the terrrorists go in and kill christian and muslim villagers and then encourage each to blame the other.

First the wars, then the superstorms.

Muddled class kids caught in a propaganda coup.

The real threat is the immigration policy that doesn't recognize refugees from islamic fascist states who have fled for their lives, but allows in people who can buy their way in. Only 10% of applicants are screened.

Maybe they don't recognize the refugees because the West props up their dictators or terrorist-supporting monarchies, providing they sell their resources into the private ownership of trans-national wealth.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
MSNBC just had a clip and they stated there may be ties to two or three individuals who were arrested in Georgia recently. I think they said thy were atending Georgia Tech.

I note the BBC (cough rag sheet) cough is stating all but one were over 18 yet MSNBC said it the other way around all were under 18 except one. AP Via Yahoo.com says five youths and rest are adults. Media confusion as usual :shk:

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
Here is an other article from the CBC in Toronto.

www.cbc.ca...

'Serious' bomb plot in Canada averted: police

Declaring that Canada "is not immune to the threat of terrorism," the RCMP announced on Saturday the arrests of 17 people accused of planning a series of attacks against targets in southern Ontario.

"This group holds a real and serious intent," RCMP Assistant Commissioner Mike McDonell told reporters.

"Our investigation prevented the assembly of any bombs and attacks from being carried out."
~~
"These individuals were allegedly intent on committing acts of terrorism against their own country and their own people," Prime Minister Stephen Harper said. "As we have said on many occasions, Canada is not immune to the threat of terrorism."

I blame this on Mini Me (Stephen Harper)

[edit on 3/6/2006 by Sauron]

Why would you blame him? Wasen't it the Liberals who made the decision to go to Afghanistan? Oh yeah thats right they don't like to talk about that.

[edit on 3-6-2006 by Wask]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Hold on guys, let's not get caught up in the BS that arises in political discussions from other countries. The he said/she said garbage. I'd like to think that we can be above that. That being said, yes, the Liberals sent the troops to Afghanistan, a move that I for one still support.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
There is a possibility that Canada was not the target of these guys:

[ex[FBI Special Agent Richard Kilko in Washington, D.C., said there may have been a connection between the Canadian men and a Georgia Tech student and another American who had traveled to Canada to meet with Islamic extremists to discuss suitable locations for a terrorist strike.

Syed Haris Ahmed and Ehsanul Islam Sadequee, both U.S. citizens who grew up in the Atlanta area, were arrested in March.

Read about Sadequee's recent court appearance here.

"The FBI is aware of the ongoing law enforcement activity in Canada," Kilko said. "There is preliminary indication that some of the Canadian subjects may have had limited contact with the two people recently arrested from Georgia."
www.foxnews.com...

This source quotes 12 adults and 5 youths being arrested. Hopefully, we will learn their intentions during interrogation.

[edit on 3-6-2006 by jsobecky]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Its possible that Canada was the supposed target because of being a Christian nation that must be targeted as Osama has mentioned for its support of the U.S. invasion of Afghanistan. I mean after all, what would your reaction be if the nations allied with the U.S. targeted your followers in Afghanistan.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
Well Batoche what were they doing with all that ammonia nitrite? If they were planning on starting a farm or fertilizer operation, than they damn well better have the documentation to show for it. Or were they just holding it for someone who was?

Okay then lets see a picture of all this ammonia nitrate instead of just taking their word for it. Where the heck are you going to store 3 tons of ammonia nitrate?
wheres the picture, well why is that not flashed across the air waves?
well why? BECAUSE THEY LIE TO SCARE YOU!!!!!!!

All they have shown is a picture of the side of a house and a box of flash lights.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join