It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All knowledge, acedemic or no

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Is there an internet ste that holds this information. And by this I mean all rules and techniques of math in all forms, all knowledge about science, history, and everything else. School can't teach me that, so any sites. Sorry about the chain of questions about school, but being ignorant/inferior is my biggest fear.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Have you tried scholar.google.com ?

It's a good start.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Thanks. This will be very useful.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I find wikipedia quite helpful for getting the basics on a subject, and it works for almost anything, whether it be science, history, religion, or the latest movie. If you want more detail, however, it's best to move to other sites, books, and the like.

I've got several good sites bookmarked for this sort of thing, I'll list some of the best ones.

Hyperphysics: has a short description of pretty much every physics concept, from the most basic to some of the most advanced

hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...

Wolfram's Integrator: I wish I'd found this thing while taking calculus... it can integrate any function, and do it in an instant. The only things it can't integrate (that I've found) are functions that are just plain non-integrable, like e^(x^2)

integrals.wolfram.com...

WebElements: a periodic table of the elements, with clickable links on each element for more info. Has all from hydrogen to Uuo (element 118)

www.webelements.com...

Crystallinks: some of the stuff on this site is presented from a revisionist point of view, but there's actually a lot of really good history stuff here, as well as some religion and philosophy and that sort of thing.

www.crystalinks.com...

Project Gutenberg: THE source for old books whose copyright has expired, both fiction and nonfiction. To comply with legalities, they don't have anything new, though. I think the law says that books are public domain 75 years after the author dies, but feel free to correct me on that.

www.gutenberg.org...

Beliefnet: A fairly comprehensive collection of major world religion scriptures, from sources like Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism, even the occult.

www.beliefnet.com...

Depending on what specifically you are interested in, I might be able to give you some more links. I suspect that you're like me, though, and are interested in a wide variety of different subjects. Have fun!

Oh, two other things to suggest: google books, and p2p sharing. I've used those quite a bit to get books to read as well. Google books only lets you look at a couple pages from each book, though, for copyright reasons. p2p sharing is illegal in some places, depending on the nature of what you share or download. Here in Canada, there's no laws against it, but in the US, they've prosecuted a few people for it. I'll let you make the call on that one.

[edit on 3-6-2006 by DragonsDemesne]

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 02:40 AM
link   
My computer cannot connect to p2ps for some reason. I use answers.com. It is like an advanced wiki. I was just wondering, like, a grand archival of public knowledge. From the most basic to some of the most difficult things out there. For people like me, who don't understand the properties of a transition metal, but often ponder the theories of molecule extreme vibration can lead to interdimentional traveling (still trying to figure that one out)

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Check out this website an educational website

I'm serious I do consider this site very educational, I learn by trying to talk about things I dont know about, though I recognize school as an important source of knowledge I learn much of what I truly need here:

-recent history
-airodynamics
-How to think for myself-deny ignorance

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Hi, Arkham! Actually, I don't think it's realistic to find a site that contains all knowledge in regards to the fields of math and science. I think you'll probably find several great sites with much narrower focuses within these fields though. The site that your envisioning would have to be of massive proportions.

Good luck in your quest for knowledge!

top topics

join