It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can I tell if my Phone has been tapped?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Some good posts here,

However since Echelon and the like, ALL DATA and Voice calls are tapped by computer!

All text messages are now kept for at least 6 months in Europe now to!

Any real tapping by local law enforcement authorities are very easy to get by, don't use your home phone for anything you would not want them to know!

Simple as.

Regards

Elf

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
My phone has been tapped for a while (or at least it was). What clued me in was the fact that I would hear an echo of my voice on my end, but they wouldn't. This alone wouldn't make me suspicious, but this is where it gets interesting.

I noticed that it was almost always present, but would quit when I called a certain number and spoke with a certain person. Care to guess who it was?

My mom. I would call her and say "Hi Mom, it's me.". As soon as she said "hi" the echo ended. AND IT WOULD DO IT ON EVERY SINGLE CALL. A couple of times, I had forgotten to mention something, or ask a question, and I would have to call her back again. The echo was there, but as soon as she spoke, the echoing quit. Quite the coincidence, right?

Edit to add: One more thing. If any of my brothers or sisters happened to be at her house at the time and answered the phone, the echo continued. Only when my mom got on the phone would the echo end.

Another time, a friend was calling, and letting off some steam about a specific incident that was going on. Without getting into specifics, he said some things that most certainly contained some "code words" they would be looking for. I laughed and said "Don't be saying that. You know they are listening in on my phone calls." He laughed about it, and went on with a few other things, and talked about getting together and drinking some beer. And, to REALLY screw with me, the last thing he says is "Praise Allah!" and hangs up. (He thinks my paranoia is hilarious, so he does stuff like that.
)

It takes me 15 seconds to get to my computer, and the internet is down. Been working fine all day, but it does down 15 seconds after he says that. Coincidence?

There's many, many more.

Oh, and on the whole "echo" thing in my phone. Want to know when it ended? I was talking about "SitX" things with a friend. He asked a question similar to questions that get asked here to which I always reply "Don't answer that". I said "I don't talk about stuff like that on the phone, you know they are listening in on this conversation, right?" A couple of days later, the echo ended, and has never come back. (BTW, that "echo" was on for at least 1 year, through 3 different phones.)

[edit on 6-10-2008 by sir_chancealot]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
i also have this "echo" on my phone, and i have recently bought a new one, but it is still there... the other thing that i have noticed is an "open lock" symbol appearing and disappearing durin outgoing and incoming calls.. my nokia phone shows it , and when i change the sim - it`s gone.. was googling about this "open lock" or "un shut padlock" , but found nothing about it.. also looked in nokia guide, but there is nothing said about it... does anyone know what it is ?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starwatcher
You can call your operator and ask. It is within your legal rights to ask this question and they have to answere it.
As for cell phones, I know they can be tracked and would have to think they can tap into the signal.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by Starwatcher]

*Rings Operator*

Hi. Yes. Excuse me, but could you tell me ... is there a tap on my phone right now?

*Operator speaks*

Uh huh. Okay. I see. And could you tell me, why and who placed it?

*Operator again*

Uh huh. Well, thank you. I'll be going now. No. No. Thats all I wanted to know. Thank you.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
If in the UK you are arrested for say something serious like a Murder from a while ago.

In the court they will produce records from the mobile phone companies placing your position down to around 100-200 at the time.

This is on all phones with no tapping required, to believe the old type of Spy movies, clicks on phones etc is a bit Dick Tracy,

Most interceptions are done directly from the satellites where there is no way to know if you have been tapped or not, this together with as Echelon, and recent anti terror laws in Europe means that the phone companies keep records of all numbers called, received and txt's sent anyhow.

If you have done something bad that means you are concerned about this to be honest your phone should be tapped anyhow.

I dont agree with the invasion of privacy happening and the march to the orwellian state we see around us in the guise of "Protecting" us, but if you have not committed a crime why worry?

They can see where I have been and who I have talked to, nothing interesting for them just a waste of tax payers monies!

Ps all Online posts and transmissions too are scanned for certain "Keywords" and will be kept, you dont even need to worry about the government in this regard, your ISP keeps records, and Google will keep ALL GMAIL emails you ever have even if deleted for ever, in addition all Searches you have ever done!

Be safe by not breaking the Law!

Elf

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Your best bet is to assume it is, and act accordingly. If you really have something to say, that you want to stay private, then over the phone is definitely not the way to go.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Here's how you know:

Do you own a phone? Does it currently have service? Yes?

Then it is being tapped.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Lets say I knew something about the government, but wasn,t a hundred percent positve that it was true. but they thought the knowlege was best not talked about. What signs would I look for that they where listing when I was on the phone ,with people that had the same conspricies.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

My phone "clicks" all the time. Who cares!!! I dont sell dope, and i dont do anything wrong. Let them listen, for all i care.
Maybe they'll learn something.

One thing that concerns me is my TV. I believe they can see me. And i have a picture of Othello whose eyes follow me all over the house. My ceramic turtle moves on its own, and my objec d'art piggy bank makes oinc noises. Still, i go about my daily life as if nothing. I wont let those little things interrupt my days, much less my posting at ATS.
The heck with them.

My phone "clicks" all the time. Who cares!!! I dont sell dope, and i dont do anything wrong. Let them listen, for all i care. Maybe they'll learn something.

Then I guess you wouldn't mind then if I riffle through you snail mail every day and some times left you a note stating that ..

"btw, I took a piece of your mail, hope you don't mind. Oh and this will be a normal routine from now on."

Now, it's just like that, it's personal~! It YOUR mail~! It's your property! What's even better is you PAY for your service and internet but the US mail system is free, or is it? Even if it was, wouldn't you think there should be some decency in respecting other people's property??

but, but, what about the terrorists!!?.....hmmm.. yea, what about them? Trust me, that's why we have Black Ops, FBI, CIA, NSA, for.isn't ? I mean, isn't that their job to know and if they suspect, I'm sure they would have ways to find out. So, if you have nothing to hide, then why should they keep the taps up?? That's the real point....

But, hey... thx for that piece of mail.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I agree about the echo meaning your phone is tapped. Mine does it for awhile after a certain person calls us sometimes. Guess they are involved in whatever, but it starts up again after they call. Then usually after we hang up from that person the phone will ring one time and caller ID just has ' call' printed on it. Never says that ever. Every once in awhile I will be talking to someone on phone and then I would be talking to a complete stranger. I could hear them talking to someone else on their line and they couldn't hear me. So, now I was easedropping on someone's call and didn't even try to. Things that make you go 'hummm'.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Here is an existing thread that has been going for some time on EXACTLY the same topic.

Maybe a search would be in order before posting a new thread?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
If you are lucky, you will have heavy interference. It will sound like a weak signal because they are stealing 50% of it. If you have great service, you'll never even know.

They can also turn on your microphone and spy when your not even talking to anyone on the phone. They have full access. This is why many drug dealers use pre-paid phones such as Virgin Mobile.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I've had a little problem with my phone lately. Suddenly I started to hear noise whenever I was talking to someone. But the weirdest thing is that my phone started to ring every night at 5 am. Only one or two rings, and then silence. Like if someone was calling me, and then changed their mind and hung up. The first few times, I thought it was odd, and that someone maybe dialed the wrong number. But when it happened again and again, I assumed that: "Ok, someone is probably tapping my phone and are listening", and that's that. I don't use my phone for anything spooky anyway, so "they" can listen all they want. I don't care. Or... maybe I'm just a bit paranoid. I mean, why would someone want to listen to my phonecalls anyway? Are they waiting for me to call up the Amigos and leak any ATS secrets?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Though I don't like the idea of my personal phone calls being monitored, I must say that if you have nothing to worry about then don't worry. With that being said I did a research paper on GSM technology. Yes they can triangulate you in fractions of a second. Yes most new phones also have GPS built in. You guys will love what they do with the GPS data they gather. I would liken it to "advertisement cookies" being left on your computer. Now not only do they flag on words but they flag on irregular travel paths. The newest phones have the ability to be remote accessed and spying can take place with the phone turned off. The movie EAGLE EYE is very close to the truth on the technology of the phones. If I want to talk about something lets just say non conformity, then those involved must take out their cell phone batteries now.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
I've had a little problem with my phone lately. Suddenly I started to hear noise whenever I was talking to someone. But the weirdest thing is that my phone started to ring every night at 5 am. Only one or two rings, and then silence. Like if someone was calling me, and then changed their mind and hung up. The first few times, I thought it was odd, and that someone maybe dialed the wrong number. But when it happened again and again, I assumed that: "Ok, someone is probably tapping my phone and are listening", and that's that. I don't use my phone for anything spooky anyway, so "they" can listen all they want. I don't care. Or... maybe I'm just a bit paranoid. I mean, why would someone want to listen to my phonecalls anyway? Are they waiting for me to call up the Amigos and leak any ATS secrets?

They will listen to you whether you know something or if you talk about banging prostitutes all night, they are not subjective.

However, they don't even need to call your phone. They simply need your telephone number, or even your name/address. They have direct microphone access for tapping inside your home, and network communications access for tapping current and live conversations. All connected to a digital recording system in case they catch anything then it's already recorded.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by blowfishdl

Even though this is a duplicate of an exact same topic, I'll chime in anyway. I've added alot to the other thread, as this is my area of expertise.

Do you honestly think that every call, text and e-mail ever sent is recorded and stored? Do you have any idea of how much data that is, even for a single day?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
ESS and CAMA have been recording all numbers dialed partial, complete, and incomplete, as well as any random words spoken into a dialtone or engaged phone call. Cell phones included. Its mainly for billing issues, but can be used in court as well. So yes, your phone is tapped, by default.
Honestly, I would not be surprised if your cell phone was always transmitting audio and video to some market research database. It would be ever so easy.

Yes, it is a lot of data, but it does not stay there indefinitely. Then again, its really not that much considering you have voice decoding into text which takes up much less space. No matter whose area of expertise it is, I dont think anyone (well except the ones that know and they know who they are) can know why what and how the government stores all that information, the corporate end of it yes, but the government end of it may be a subject that could lead one to investigate hackers and bot herders and their international mafia ties.

[edit on 11/24/2008 by psychedeliack]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by psychedeliack

Scanning for keywords and then recording the info is alot different than what was inferred above. It was implied that everything was recorded, which is a crap load of data, I mean we're talking terrabits a second for crying out loud!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
All the cell phones are taped, every cubic inch of air space is covered, if you say wrong word this will be pick up, kicked out and looked at more closely

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Time_is_now
I have been thinkking about it, and I want to know, how would I know if my phone was being tapped? CAn someone tell me, and also, can a Cell Phone be tapped?

There are way too many overlapping security services in the US. They do not care about your rights or legal niceties and they pretty much do as they please. Rest assured that the technology is diverse enough that there are most likely overlapping efforts by multiple agencies who are not aware of each other. It's very likely that even burst transmissions are no longer safe. It also goes without saying that no ordinary operator will be privy to what is going on.

My suggestion is to *never* say anything over a phone or radio that you would not put on a billboard next to the interstate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join