It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it still technically racism if

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
you have a preference of one race? But it is common to have a racial tendency, so I don't know.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I don't think thats considered racism. I also prefer one race to the others. I am not a racist, I just happen to be attracted to one race above others. I don't know why, I just am.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
If it's any race but black then yes, you are a racist.

have fun burnin that cross.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
If it's any race but black then yes, you are a racist.

Concise and most aptly stated. I couldn't have said it any better Rasobasi.
I think you nailed it. As far as I am concerned this thread is closed.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
A preferance is not discrimnitory (birds of a feather) or racist on its face. You might like blueberry pie best, that doesn't automatically mean that you hate apple pie. Its just a preferance. Having said that, if you were to bad mouth or worse yet get violent with the apple pie only because it's an apple pie... I hope you get my point. Its the mindset behind the preferance not the preferance itself.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
However, if you prefer this

To this

Then you either need professional help, or you are a saint among men.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Let's slow down here. First off, do you mean if you don't go for black, then your racist. I just, It isn't that I don't like black girls, I just prefer asians. I am not discriminatory against blacks when it comes to dating. At least not that much. There is way too much racism around me for me to follow the crowd. It is just, in a pick between Hillary Duff and Beyonce, I am going with Hillary. By the way, the way I am talking might be screwy( )that's why.

P.S.: That is the most disgusting girl I have ever seen. Someone will probably try to set me up with her next week.

[edit on 3-6-2006 by Arkham]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arkham
Let's slow down here. First off, do you mean if you don't go for black, then your racist. I just, It isn't that I don't like black girls, I just prefer asians.

A-HA!!!! there you have it folks, this man belongs in white hood!!! [/joke]

Personally, I like asian girls too, and black, white, hispanic. It all depends on how cute they are individually. But personal preference isn't something to worry about. If you've got a chubby-chaser, they're not prejudiced to skinny girls.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I personally dont think its racist not to be attracted to a specific race as long as you dont have any hatred, dont pre-judge and dont stereotype other races. I can understand how it may be hard to be involved in a mixed race relationship, you know being culturally different, and having to deal with close minded people out in public. But to me, everyone is a HUMAN BEING, regardless of color or ethnicity or race. I'm caucasion, but I love women of all races. To me its more who you are then what you are...if your cool, and sexy then whats the big deal? But you know this is a one of those "to each his own" questions.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Of course it's not racist, people should be proud of their ethnic background, not worried about expressing or celebrating it. When you start to use it as a malicious divide then it's wrong, multiculturalism should not (in my opinion) mean blending everyone into some one-World unity. We should celebrate our differences and respect everyone around us, not pilly-pally around worried we're going to offend people all the time.
I love travelling so I can experience different cultures, but if things go the NWO 'Multicultural' way there won't be any differences. I don't know why people are so worried about colour, I find the 'softly softly' approach more offensive and racist than anything else. Not a dig at you by the way, just a bit of a venting off with the way we're taught things these days.
Having skin colour preferences when sexually attracted to people is normal in my opinon, if it means anything I always fancied that blue girl in Farscape, and the one in X-Men too... And that's when they're blue by the way... hehe.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 03:01 AM
link   
It's not racist at all, it's all personal preference. I prefer Black, Hispanic, or Asian ladies myself, even though i'm white. That's just my preference.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 05:16 AM
link   
and consider familiar.

My daughter is Irish Italian... In vancouver there is a HUGE Asian influence... it is perfectly natural that she finds Asian boys attractive as well as some whities.

I grew up in a very white time and place. Calgary Alberta and I don't remember seeing even one black kid or a spanish kid or even a russian kid in school or in the neighborhood. Even in high school it was predominantly white.

Exposure to the Asian culture and people in vancouver was initially a shock to my system but now I barely differentiate. Would I date an Asian guy...probably not but not because of colour or culture. It's really about the science of "organ" size with different races...I'm sexually shallow and size DOES matter. Aside from that I've seen some really hot Asian guys...as well as Punjabi, Black, Middle Eastern, Italian, Irish, Jewish....

I have to say though, one thing that irks me is here in Vancouver it seems a LARGE number of "some guys" date exclusively Asian women. Sterotypes tell them they are demure and "petite"....

The Asian men don't really date white women much I've noticed...I think it's that "size" thing... hmmmm.

(And before you spam me for being a size nazi - it has been scientifically and statistically proven and charted that on average caucasian men are 2-3" larger than Asian men... if you care to know my source I will gladly U2 it to you...it has "graphic images and suggestive language" so I won't post it here)

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I think some of you have been in public schooling to long and never gotten over it.

You date people with whom you are comfortable. You learn along the way...for reasons that will benifit you ..not society. Society can take a jump off the bridge in the dating game as far as Im concerned. I am spending my moneys and time in the manner I choose.....everyone else can get lost.

I date mostly older women..does that make me age discriminatory...good grief...
As someone appropriately stated...its a personal preference..not a public preference.

Your personal preference is your personal preference..not public poll numbers for which you must alter your lifestyle to match the numbers....good grief.
Just be sure about what you are doing...have confidence in it. Especially if you are spending your moneys and time...everyone else can get lost.

Racism thoughts like this are the kind of useless baggage that public schools brainwash people into "non thinking" trends. THe phoney media and politics too.

Be responsible for yourself...think for yourself....dont let others place default settings in your way that you have to pay for..and dont want.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I have a preference for races, all whites no blacks. But there are very very very slight exceptions but very very not likely.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I have great friends who fall into the intellegent black catagory. I'm not trying to be racists but I grew up going to grade school with blacks who would steal and never do their homework and get all upset and grab your butt (guys do that, I'm a guy) so I had doubtfull feelings toward their kind. Until I got to collage and all the blacks were smart and they all did their homework. So then I learned that not all blacks are selfesh lazy stealing bums, some are smart and know the difference between right and wrong.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
I have great friends who fall into the intellegent black catagory. I'm not trying to be racists but I grew up going to grade school with blacks who would steal and never do their homework and get all upset and grab your butt (guys do that, I'm a guy) so I had doubtfull feelings toward their kind. Until I got to collage and all the blacks were smart and they all did their homework. So then I learned that not all blacks are selfesh lazy stealing bums, some are smart and know the difference between right and wrong.

I grew up in a school where i would be beaten up twice a week for being black by white people who lived in trailers, reaked of bear, and constantly did crystal meth. Somehow I knew, even then, that not all white people were like this (most likely because my mother was white).

BTW, Where all the white women at???

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

I grew up in a school where i would be beaten up twice a week for being black by white people who lived in trailers, reaked of bear, and constantly did crystal meth. Somehow I knew, even then, that not all white people were like this (most likely because my mother was white).

BTW, Where all the white women at???

I am a white woman :p

But hey, if your mom is white then that makes you part white as well. So if you were to have thought that all white people were like that, then you would've kinda been cutting yourself down as well.

Ok I am done talking myself in circles now!

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Maybe, but historically, I wouldn't have been accepted by either side. During slavery, I most definitely would have been a slave though. I would have been that slave that got play from both sides of the field.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   
If you prefer a race, then yes you are a racist.

I used to think of it like this, some people prefer blones, some people prefer athletic girls, so why couldn't some people prefer racial characteristics, like any other physical characteristic?

Problem is, racial characteristics are bunkum. There is no definition for any race, humanity is a big continuum of people and traits all blended together, this is clear at the superficial phsyical level and at the genetic level. You'd never be selecting based on some sort of objective thing, like 'blondes prefered', you'd be going along with socially created and transmited racist concepts.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I believe technically it does SEEM like racism. But it's not really. It's just a preference per say. To me racism is a HATE for a certain race. Not that you PREFER a white girl over a black girl or a black girl over an asian etc etc...

I think a good video/show for people to watch (that a lot of people should watch closely) is that South Park episode where the kids are separated into two debate teams. One who is for keeping the current South Park flag which shows a group of white people around a hung black person and the other one is for changing it. Half the adults were upset because of keeping the flag because of the racism and the other half were for keeping it because of the history. But in the end the kids didn't see a group of white people and 1 black person in the middle being hanged, all they saw were a group of "people" with no colour attached to them, they saw them all as the same person.

Now THAT was a good episode! Really waked you up! I think we could all learn a thing from that episode.

[edit on 2-8-2006 by DoNotBelieveThem]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join