It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WMDC Releases The Report: "Weapons of Terror"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
After two years in the making, Swedish based WMDC (The Weapons of Mass Destruction Commission), has released their final report. On 1. June Dr. Hans Blix handed the report "Weapons of Terror" to the United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan in New York. The 200-page report contains 60 recommendations on reducing the global threat of nuclear, biological and chemical weapons.

today.reuters.com
Iran and Israel should both end nuclear enrichment as part of a renewed drive to rid the Middle East of weapons of mass destruction, a panel led by former U.N. arms inspector Hans Blix said on Thursday.

The Weapons of Mass Destruction Commission also recommended adopting a treaty banning nuclear testing by all nuclear powers that have not already done so, including the United States, China, India and Pakistan.

"The reality is that if the U.S. were to ratify, then China would. If China did, India would. If India did, Pakistan would. If Pakistan did, then Iran would. It would set in motion a good domino effect," Blix told a news conference.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Remember Hans Blix?

In 2003 when he worked to lead the United Nations Monitoring, Verification and Inspection Commission his reports were gravely overseen. He then accused the US and British governments of dramatising the threat of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

Personally I'm all for peace by peaceful means. Let's talk!

"Weapons of mass destruction cannot be un-invented. But they can be outlawed, as biological and chemical weapons already have been, and their use made unthinkable," says the study.

What do you think?

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
www.wmdcommission.org

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Hans Blix was and still is a sell out. He kept saying that there were wmd in Iraq and then he retracted and tried to blame the government. Now he is claiming the United States should disarm first?.... What a moron, and an idiot, China, or any other country, will not follow on the footsteps of the United States if that ever happened, they would use this to their advantage.

Yes, I would also hope there was peace in the world, that everyone love everyone else, there were no starving people, nor starving children in the world, and everyone lived happily ever after...but that is only a wish...

[edit on 2-6-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I think it is a nice dream that has about as much chance as a snowball in hell. I cannot envision nuclear armed nations giving up their ultimate ace in the hole. Nuclear weapons are, to nations, what the Colt revolver one was to individuals--the ultimate equalizer.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Iran would give up testing if Pakistan does
First of all Iran has nothing to do with Pakistan in regards to why they want the bomb. Israel has alot to do with it as does the US. As far as testing between the US, China, India and Pakistan I could see it but Iran is going to develop a bomb come hell or high water. Which means Israel is going to keep theirs'. So the Hans Blix recipe for world peace needs a little refining.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
First off I agree that if the US were to adopt this stradagy it would mean nothing to the other nucler armed nations. If this person really thinks this plan will work I also agree that he just might be a moron.
I also agreen it seems iran will devolp there own nukes at any cost short of perhaps wmd used against them.

Originally posted by Astronomer70
I think it is a nice dream that has about as much chance as a snowball in hell. I cannot envision nuclear armed nations giving up their ultimate ace in the hole. Nuclear weapons are, to nations, what the Colt revolver one was to individuals--the ultimate equalizer.

Actually I belive the Colt revolver was called the peacemaker

new topics

top topics

join