It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New band, Oz sends us another good band.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
WOLFMOTHER. I heard "Woman" on the radio and I just had to check these guys out. I downloaded 7-8 songs and there wasn't a bad one in the bunch. The NEW Thunder from Down Under.

If you like you music hard without going to metal, these guys are for you.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Wolfmother rule! The album is fantastic stuff. Here's hoping they do a tour after the summer.

Dae

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Not sure I understand your explanation of the type of music it is, not metal but...?

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
After listening to a few tracks this wizard gives them a thumbs up

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dae

Originally posted by intrepid

Not sure I understand your explanation of the type of music it is, not metal but...?

Somewhere near to Led Zep in sound. The guitar riffs are Page all over, and the vocals are somewhere between Plant and Ozzy

Dae

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Hmm not my cup of coffee Im afraid, dun like the 70's rock sound. I know my ex would love this group, so Ill get him to listen to them.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
man this band plays like they straight out of the 70s with a sound found in bands such as led zep, black sabbath and jethro tull. amazing stuff... that a band can be this good at such a sound.

this leads me to my issue... we all know that the sound of black sabbath and led zep was born from a certain time period. we had to go thru certain things in society so that bands like that could sound like they do during that period. now a days such a sound will not be created as avant garde because we are in a different period of time... bands that encapsulate our new world in thier rock sound sound totally different... perhaps have hip hop inlfluence in their sound... i think of the band peeping tom.

okay... so band comes out sounding like straigh from led zep times. is this novel... a gimmick? how can this have the spirit of the times and still be reaL??? i dont get it? i know its sincere... but this guys act like they are built in a bubble which is scary.

anyone understand?

the sond of wolfmother aint no of course... no ones saying that.... but in thier retrogression... can it still be heavy with spirit and sincerty incapsulating the spirit of our times or is it merely a novel gimmick?

new topics

top topics

join