It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goverment drug dealers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
before i start, ask your self this question:-

how many of your friends take drugs, how much do they take and how often?

Now this may just be me; i doubt it, i grew up in the ecstacy culture with most of my friends taking shed loads at the weekends, a few gramms of coc aine each on a staurday night and plenty of hash through the week, personally i left that behind a long time ago but most ofmy friends still smoke a lot of hash and still indulge in the odd gram of charlie at the weekend.

Recentley in portugal there have been a few 'big' drugs busts (coc aine and marajuana)

The goverment loves to show the efforts of their undercover work with photos in the press and on the tv, ridding the streets of evil and keeping the tax payer happy that something is being done.

The goverment is not really busting drug dealers (i believe) the petty street dealers maybe but i believe they are making huge amounts of cash from allowing insane quantities far bigger than they 'catch' to enter our countries.

think of a 'large' bust containing several tons, this would only feed a large city for a week, the actual quantities arriving must be astronomical and i believe there is no way the goverments dont know about them.

Distribution is also a factor, how is all this gear being shifted around the country un noticed? think how many vehicles haulage firms run just to move everyday sundries- i believe certain companies have deals with certain goverment members that 'allow this'

Of course this is all speculation i have no proof of anything ive posted but i think its interesting food for thought?

and of course, completley tax free.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
ask yourself this, why is there an island like ibiza, where drugs are rampant in the resort. the island itself is just for going clubbing and there must be an immense amount of drugs there. i have never been.

but why do people think this is allowed, no body ever seems to ask this question.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   

ask yourself this, why is there an island like ibiza, where drugs are rampant in the resort. the island itself is just for going clubbing and there must be an immense amount of drugs there. i have never been.

I wouldnt think there is more there than any average city or town, but the fact that its an island does cause for a concern, surley the arrival of drugs on the island (in large quantities) must be noticed, or at least insured against reasonably easily if wanted?

this is my point exactly, the island isnt just a club resort but it does rely heavily from the revenue generated by the clubbers.

Cheers Andy, good point....oh..and ive been...and it rocked!!

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
yep i do not want to be a stick in the mud, but everyone knows ibiza is full of drugs, so it is like simbolic of the drug war itself. the drug war of course is just a sham.

i have heard people say that 100 years ago drugs like coc aine were not illegal, and after ww2 they made it illegal because they knew it could generate vast amounts of money.

the money system of the world needs the drug trade also, because of the amount of money that gets laundered and circulated because of the drug trade. they say if there was no drug trade the money sysytem of the world would collapse, i have heard others say this.

also one last point, all you have to do is look at a map of the usa, imagine every place is full of drugs nowadays, in the usa. that is some operation to keep everywhere full of drugs. why the general public do not see that point like you mention earlier, is weird, because it is so obvious. if anyone just questions you on that just show them a map of usa, and ask how difficult it would be to keep drugs coming into the whole country on a permanent basis. probably bigger than any corporation can handle, thats why i always say the military have to be involved, the militaries do not have to answer to no one, and do what they want.

[edit on 2-6-2006 by andy1033]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   

also one last point, all you have to do is look at a map of the usa, imagine every place is full of drugs nowadays, in the usa. that is some operation to keep everywhere full of drugs. why the general public do not see that point like you mention earlier, is weird, because it is so obvious. if anyone just questions you on that just show them a map of usa, and ask how difficult it would be to keep drugs coming into the whole country on a permanent basis. probably bigger than any corporation can handle, thats why i always say the military have to be involved, the militaries do not have to answer to no one, and do what they want.

yes..spot on, the military would be the perfect 'ask no questions' cargo handler, funny i overlooked that?

sure ecstacy and acid etc can be shipped in large quantities but small packages. A block of hash is hefty and starts to weigh when it gets to any size, the pot smoking community is so accepted and vast that if the average to heavy smoker was to see a years worth of purchased gear it would probably take a wheel barrow to carry it.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Last I heard drugs were not illegal in Portugal. And, if it is still true, why were there any major drug busts?

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
OK I googled it, here's an URL that says that Portugal decriminalized all drugs, including coc aine as of July 1, 2006.

www.cognitiveliberty.org...

[This article is from svenska Dagbladet, July 1, 2001
Gjörwellsgtan 28, 10517 Stockholm, Sweden, Phone: ++46 8 13 50 00
Written by: Gunilla von Hall, Translated by Lars Hedman, 323.851.2821]

Starting today, Portugal introduces Europe's most liberal drug policy. Beginning July 1, 2001, there will be no criminal penalties in that country to use and possess not only cannabis but also heavy drugs such as coc aine, heroin and amphetamines. Portugal's new law raises concerns at UN's Office for Drug Control in Vienna.

Portugal's Government made this controversial decision last November and as from today the new law is in force. It means that there will be no prosecution for personal use and possession of limited amounts of drugs such as cannabis, coc aine and heroin.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
But you don't have any evidenve to support the notion that the government partakes in drug selling. I agree that the ineffective boarder control within the EU makes smuggling (drugs, whatever) easier, and that LEs are generally underequiped, under paid and hampered by the technicalities of their respective criminal injustice systems, but the concept that the government(s) is profiting from the trade is absurd.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Here's a few small snapshots.

CIA And Heroin

In 1965 to 1975 there was one CIA man in Laos, his name was Shackley. He was involved the narcotics business. And we know that Shackley used one civilian to organize trafficking. His civilian name was Santos Trafficante. He was the organizer of trafficking for Shackley. This was financed by Richard Armitage who stayed in Vietnam. After the Vietnam war Richard Armitage was a prominent trafficker in Bangkok.

Interestingly, a possible candidate, if the above assertion is correct, has an entry in Wikipedia -

Ted Shackley

He was CIA station chief in Laos, 1966-1968, where he pitted Hmong villagers against Vietcong who used the Ho Chi Minh Trail. He became CIA station chief in Saigon in October 1968 (replacing William Colby), and stayed through February 1972 when he returned to Langley, VA. In 1976, George H.W. Bush appointed Shackley the CIA's Associate Deputy Director for Operations, the #3 post, in charge of worldwide covert operations.

Howard Marks

Described by the Daily Mail as 'the most sophisticated drugs baron of all time,' Howard Marks has worked with the British Secret Service and has been connected with the Mafia, the IRA, MI6 and the CIA.

Mr. Marks' book details his various American contacts in his book, though he makes it plain that the guys he is dealing with are not performing 'official' duties, so to speak.

As for the situation in the UK...I have heard stories, but nothing I could back up with evidence.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Last I heard drugs were not illegal in Portugal. And, if it is still true, why were there any major drug busts?

this is rubbish, if you get stopped with hash on you its taken away,

if you get stopped with coc aine on you you get it taken away and a slap on the wrist, as long as its not over half a gram, then your nicked.

They basically decriminalised the right to carry for personal use, the reallity is that you still get your house turned upside down and questioned on your supplier.

But you don't have any evidenve to support the notion that the government partakes in drug selling. I agree that the ineffective boarder control within the EU makes smuggling (drugs, whatever) easier, and that LEs are generally underequiped, under paid and hampered by the technicalities of their respective criminal injustice systems, but the concept that the government(s) is profiting from the trade is absurd.

didnt i say that i had no evidence?....you should have read my post properley.

Also, yeah..its totally absurd that our goverments would profit from one of the largest business's in the world..i mean what with goverments being so honest and maintaining such a high level of integritory and all that.

Surley after joining a conspiracy theory style website paperplane you can see the way in which our bretheren think? I mean to think that the US goverment lied about 911, Iraq, Afghanistan....thats totally absurd...oh..and theres absolutley no evidance?

new topics

top topics

join