It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dudes: Ever tear up at a movie?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I Just watched a great movie this weekend with my sweetie called Secondhand Lions. I have never heard of this movie but it ranks up there with my fav Gump now. She always comes up with these obscure Great movies for us to watch.

Got a little teary eyed near the end. Excellent movie i recommend it to all.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I tear up quite a lot, but manage to stop it before i get to the tear stage, stiff upper lip & all that.
One that gets me everytime I watch it is the end of independence day when the pilot has to take his plane into the core of the alien weapon & says "hi guys, i'm back!!"after all the ridicule he had from people who disbelieved his alien abduction & his family hearing his finals words etc..was just too much for me.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
First time I ever went to a movie in the theatre by myself. I had just started dating my future and current wife and saw the movie Deep Impact. I went during the day to avoid the "ebarassment" of seeing a movie by myself. I expected to see a sci-fi flick with special effects and then it hit me.

When the astronauts are getting ready to fly into the larger fragment of asteriod and get to say goodbye to their families. The young blind astronaut is the last as his wife runs into NASA at the last minute with their baby that he can't see.

Didn't see it coming and then of course the movie ends and I have to limp out of the theatre (I had just had knee surgery) in the daylight by myself with tears.

Whew! Feels good to get that one off of my chest.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
- The Godfather
After Vito Corleone has recovered from his assasination attempt; he's playing in his tomato garden with his grandchildren; he has a heart-attack and sinks down, dying; but the grandkids think he's playing . . .

-Casablanca
At the end, when Ilse won't get on the plane with her legal husband, Viktor Laszlo; and Bogart tries to force her. She remembers deserting him in Paris, on the train for Marseilles. She says, "but what about Paris." Bogart says "We'll always have Paris--if we ever lost it, we got it back last night . . ."

And she cries and mouths "thank you Rick." Gawd, Ingrid Bergman is just the epitome of the lovelorn woman in that moment. Just beautiful. Breathtaking.

-The Passion of the Christ
Mary is watching as Jesus is dragging the cross down the the street. As he collapses and falls to the ground, she remembers him as a toddler, running down the path to their house as she calls his name. The little boy Jesus trips and falls, and she rushes to him. The look of shock and pain fades into the adult face of Jesus is shock and pain. She reaches out for her grown son, but the soldiers drag him away.

Nothing more painful than watching your own child suffer.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
The Passion of the Christ
Mary is watching as Jesus is dragging the cross down the the street. As he collapses and falls to the ground, she remembers him as a toddler, running down the path to their house as she calls his name. The little boy Jesus trips and falls, and she rushes to him. The look of shock and pain fades into the adult face of Jesus is shock and pain. She reaches out for her grown son, but the soldiers drag him away.

I completely forgot to mention that film. I saw a part of it when I went into the living room to bring my mum and her friend's cup of tea/coffee in. I watched about 15 minutes of him having the crap whipped out with him, etc. I think I recall one point where he had has arms strapped to something and one evil *censored* was using different whips on him. I had to leave soon after cause I literally felt sick, angry and upset; I daren't cry infront of my mum and her friend.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I have on numerous occassions, Alfie being the worst one, when you realize hes going to end up alone, thats really just a flat out sad moment. Or at the end of Gladiator or For Love of the Game. Other times its been because I've laughed so hard, such as during certain scenes in Grandmas Boy. I'll just go ahead and say it, if a movie has a sad ending, I'm probably tearing up, just a little though.

Oh, and I will not forget about Brians Song, that one had me literally balling out for about an hour or so.

[edit on 7/24/2006 by ludaChris]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
It's good to see so many guys showing emotion.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   
howdy there im pretty sure i bubled wen mufasa died in the lion king i mustve been about 5 or 6 god damn that was powerful:bnghd:

another was the trailer for the 9/11 movie with nicolas cage

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
i know a TRAILER bt seriosly that was moving stuff!:bnghd:

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Ok, here's my story, I don't have any problems watching Romantic/Love same old crap movies but action moves especially military movies really get to me. I don’t cry per se, but I do get the teary eyes and stuff which isn’t too bad in a dark movie theater. It’s not so much the sadness as it is that fact that you get a lot of different emotions mixed together all a once, when that happens something has to give.

So I have it the worst, when I go to a cheesy movie with the GF I’m bored out of my mind, want to laugh half the time, and cant get emotional over anything. But when I’m out to see a War/Military movie with the guys I get teary-eyed, oh yes they make jokes. So I really need to get those two switched around somehow.

Minor Edit.

[edit on 14-8-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
*sighs* I cried a little bit at the end of the anime Last Exile...

I am such a nerd.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 06:43 AM
link   
i got teary eyed towards the end of donnie darko, when the hauntingly beautiful mad world track kicks in.. what else.. eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, when kate winslet said something like 'meet me in montauk'.. and click.. yess adam sandler's click, during the part he revisited the scene where he last saw his father..

so there.. does it make me a worthless alpha male? maybe next time in the shower, i would probably sing something like 'i am a superwoman'.. yeah baby..

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Panzeroth
Grave of the Fireflies. The girl dies.

Saddest. Movie. Ever. Seriously, this is the only movie which has made me come close to turning on the waterworks. This should be the test for one's humanity. If you can watch this film and not hold back at least one tear, you are not human. No two ways about it. You are some kind of non-sadness feeling, non-emotion having robot. Period.

Someone said this earlier, but I also hate it when you legitimately get an itch in your eye during a sad scene. You need to scratch so badly, but you know that if you do your friends will laugh and point and spend the next few hours punching you.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Yep about 30mins ago while watching Red Dog, honestly the best australian film ive ever seen. I bet anyone will tear up at least once in it.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Just a question - do you guys let yourselves tear up and maybe even let them flow, or do you swallow and look away from TV and cough and maybe go make a coffee to COVER UP what's happening?

p.s. does anybody NOT cry watching the Colour Purple?

edit on 25-11-2011 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Wow, this is an old thread. That's twice this has happened to me today.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join