It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dudes: Ever tear up at a movie?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackhumvee113
well i admit i cried in the end of the movie Mask (not The mask with jim carry) when the kid died in the end, it was like he lived to see his mother quit drugs and when she did it was like he was finished with what he needed to do and just died

Yep, one of the most heartbreaking films ever. Most of the people I ask have never heard of it though. The conversation is almost always, without fail, like this:

"Have you seen Mask?"

"The one with Jim Carrey?"

"No, the older one about the disfigured boy"

"never heard of it".

Can't find the film anywhere anymore either, it's a shame

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I never really reached the point of shading tears because of a movie, but the closest I was to that usually was with situations that reminded me of my unsolvable problems.

I can not remember what movies had that effect because it is a reaction at that moment, nothing really because of the film itself, but I suppose it happened 4 or 5 times.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 05:20 AM
link   
i know im not a 'dude' but just wanted to comment on a few films some have mentioned.

the colour purple a pure classic get me in tears everytime, another good one woopi did was the long walk home.

champ urgh thats an excellent film my hubby sobs at that one aswell.

someone mentioned the titanic i never blubberd at the new one but there was an old black and white one i watched a few years ago, now that had me blubbering. this one scene in it where it shows a family of 5 sitting on the deck and praying.

my husband actually cried at bambi as well as the lion king ( so did i shhh)

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Dude here.

I teared up at Phenomenon with John Travolta, Bicentennial Man, Gattaca and the Lion King. I don't know why there is such a stigma with guys crying at movies and other things like that.

About the film Titanic, i didn't cry at that one, it was so long i just wanted them all to drown as fast as possible.

[edit on 4-6-2006 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Grave of the Fireflies. The girl dies. #.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Only one comes to mind, and it was recently too.
"The Good Girl" with Jennifer Aniston & Jake Gyllenhaal (Tobey Maguire look-alike).
Yeah, It's essentially a chick-flick, but I found it really depressing.:shk:

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I cried after watching "Big Fish" directed by Tim Burton. I was flying home from South Korea with my DD-214 in hand. Let's not make any assumptions. I was as happy as a pig in fecal matter to get out of the army.

[edit on 4-6-2006 by pazlenchantinrocks]

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
yes, i've teared up tons of times. even on the sappiest, cheesiest scenes, where my wife was like...'um, ok...' Very in touch, i guess, with my girly side, lol.

No shame.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Some movies do make me cry. I am man enough to admit it.

Titanic made me cry and the end when rose lets go of jack. I have seen the movie about 7 times and have the collectors addition on DVD.

I also cried at the end of Saving Private Ryan. I do not know what it is about that movie that makes me cry, but the ending is just sad.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Oh the end of band of brothers. When they are all talking about where they are now, and the guy talking about his grandson, always makes me tear up. That should be required viewing in schools so maybe they will have some respect for the older generation.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Real men cry (and admit it, too).

I cry at everything...but films? Oh yeah... Titanic, Brian's Song, Schindler's List... I'm a regular bawlbaby.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
none of you cried at the end of Titanic. That was just your body attempting to hydrate your eyes. Watching something as horrid as that long, drawn out movie often results in dry eye. I'm actually surprised any of you made it to the end in one sitting.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
double post so I'll add

I'm surprised any of y'all made to the end in one sitting and admit to it

[edit on 5-6-2006 by Crakeur]

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I was too busy pausing the film at the drawing scene. I didn't want to seem like a total pervert, so I decided that it would be honourable if I finished watching that endlessly swirling turd of a film.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
The end of ROTJ. When Vader/Anakin is unmasked and the end of ROTS when Luke is handed over to his foster parents(she just looked so happy to get him
) Oh yeah when Spock died at the end of Wrath of Khan.

[edit on 5-6-2006 by danwild6]

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Ok JAK!

Time for the "real Corker"
JAK? you around?

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Definitely Forrest Gump in a few places, Mask, Old Yellor and a few others, im just a wear my emotions on my sleeve kinda guy. Even Armageddon, when Harry pulls AJ's Hose and shoves him back in the airlock, that little spiel he gives and again when hes talkin to Liv when he pushes the button.

But its all good in the hood guys. Real men just dont eat quiche

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
Forrest Gump. When he realizes he has a son, and later when he's talking to Jenny's grave. Cannot control the emotions.

Pass me a tissue.

Yeah that was a sad one too...and when Jenny died and he was narrating near the headstone. Very sad.

Pie

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I admit I did watching United 93 at the weekend.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Never fully cried myself,but watery eyes,and that lump in your chest.

1.The passion of the christ-not so much the religious part,but the fact that he was gettin the crap beat out of him and he never said a word.

2.The mask- Movie gets me also

3.Band of brothers;episode 9-This is the one where they find an abandoned concentration camp,and are forced to lock them back inside the camp.

That's about it i believe

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join