It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

fluoride solution

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   
about the water fluoride factor i know for sure filtering or boiling the water wont get rid of all the fluoride if of any at all and thats why i wanted to ask if anyone in here knows of any method of filtering fluoride out of water ? ? ?

that crap is everywhere but mostly on water and toothpaste which almost EVERYBODY uses. i already stopped using regular toothpaste and now im very happy to use only the fluoride-free type of paste which is so efficient that you will feel healthier and your mind clearer and more alert in just 2 days after getting off the regular ones.

i just need to get rid of the water fluo specially because my damn water has a lot of it.

XL5

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Split the water into hydrogen and oxygen, burn it and condense the steam exhuast in a cooled pyrex tube.

Boiling it and condensing it like that "might" work too.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 04:07 AM
link   
From About.com:

Ways to Remove Fluoride from Water

Reverse Osmosis Filtration
This is used to purify several types of bottled water (not all), so some bottled waters are unfluoridated. Reverse osmosis systems are generally unaffordable for personal use.

Activated Alumina Defluoridation Filter
These filters are used in locales where fluorosis is prevalent. They are relatively expensive (lowest price I saw was $30/filter) and require frequent replacement, but do offer an option for home water filtration.

Distillation Filtration
There are commercially available distillation filters that can be purchased to remove fluoride from water. On a related note: When looking at bottled water, keep in mind that 'distilled water' does not imply that a product is suitable for drinking water and other undesirable impurities may be present.

As a point of interest, can you state roughly which area/country you are?

I was under the impression that adding fluoride to drinking water is not allowed in most countries, and still a highly contraversial subject.

Good luck with it.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 04:27 AM
link   
May I suggest a solar distiller. I am hoping to get one. You can buy or make your own if made properly.

SOLAR DISTILLER DEALERS

Agua del Sol P.O. Box 651 Safford, AZ 85546 (928) 348-7512 www.aguadelsol.com Products: ADS Flat Distiller; TSS Leaner Distiller

DMD Products P.O. Box 799 Longmont, CO 80501 (866) 253-7087 Products: Solar distiller subsystem components (pumps, solenoid valves, filters)

Gaiam Real Goods 360 Interlocken Blvd, Suite 300 Broomfield, CO 80021 (800) 919-2400 www.realgoods.com Products: Sunwater Solar Distiller

SolAqua P.O. Box 4976 El Paso,TX 79914 (877) 483-2980 www.solaqua.com Products: Rainmaker 550 single-basin distiller, SoAqua DlY Solar Distiller Kit

Sunwater Solar P.O. Box 64 Joseph City, AZ 86032 (928) 288-9267 [email protected]

Products: Sunwater 5-L and 8-L solar distillers; Also sold through G aiam Real Goods

SOLAR DISTILLER PLANS

Ell Paso Solar Energy Association P.O. Box 26384 El Paso, Texas 79926 (915) 772-7657 www.epsea.org/stills.html Solar distiller plans available for $15

SOLAR DISTILLER BOOKS

Pure Water Nature's Way by Dennis Lemon

DMD Products
P.O. Box 799 Longmont, CO 80501 (866) 253-7087 $12

Solar Still by W.R. Breslin

Volunteers In Technical Assistance

815 N. Lynn St., Suite 200 Box 12438 Arlington, VA 22209 (703) 276-1800 www.vita.org $7.25

or ebay.

I bought this as backup and could find a much better price at a different site with no picture:Family Sol Saver

And it is good for killing biological organisms, but doesn't get rid of chemicals. The distiller is really all you need if you buy it or build it correctly. It will get rid of all chemicals using only nature.

Aqua del Sol has some good info

Boiling as the Family Sol Saver or a solar cook oven gets rid of microbiological things, but evaporation does clear the chemicals.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
drink rain water if pollution levels permit it, but don't forget to get your minerals elsewhere

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
i live in the state of pennsylvania here in the U.S. in a county called "berks" and the water of the city where i live at is fluoridated.... sadly.

im going to check on those methods even though i never heard of them before, im just curious to know if any of them can really completly purify the water of ALL the fluoride present in it ?

[edit on 2-6-2006 by chitawoodie]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
We have fluoridated water too, I use a reverse osmosis filter for drinking water.
I've often wondered if it would be a good or bad idea to start a petition to get it on the local vote to stop adding it to our water. I think maybe most people are too programmed by our "authorities" saying it's "good for us" that maybe even a vote wouldn't stop it.
BTW, I'm in Minerva Ohio, NE part of the state.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I have fluorosis in my teeth, it's a terrible thing to have. I can only imagine the amount of flouride that I must have taken in. I'm very careful about it now, no flouride in my toothpaste (xylitol), I even brush my teeth with bottled water. Sad, my dentist could have caught it when I was a kid, but he decided most of my enamel was gone because my "mom did something to cause a birth defect." After many years, I switched dentists, and he immediately said fluorosis. If anything, at least some of the guilt was taken away from my mom. Stinks though, and I doubt that I would ever get a dime if I tried out of the water company for all the dental work that I still have to go through. Very sad, and I'm only 23.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I am in central texas, and we too have floride in the water. I used to live by mexico and don't think the water there had floride (mind you it was still the 6th worst in teh nation though). However my teeth starting having problems when i moved up here about 5 years ago. Other i have talked too have noticed the sam thing (same home town and moved here).

For soem solutions, I have see shower heads also that might help. I have not done alot of research into it though. Just been using bottled water (becareful which ones you use as some have other crap in them for "taste") for everything i can for now.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
niteboy82, I had that also. I'm 43 yrs old, I say I "had" it because I had all of my teeth pulled. I actually feel physically much better now. I seem to be getting better as the years go by.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beer_Guy
niteboy82, I had that also. I'm 43 yrs old, I say I "had" it because I had all of my teeth pulled. I actually feel physically much better now. I seem to be getting better as the years go by.

That's what my dentist tells me is going to happen eventually. He just keeps me in the best shape he can until that comes along. I'm happy to hear that it eventually feels better though, a light of hope is always a positive thing to have.
I do worry about what other bones in my body have been affected. Only time will tell, I suppose.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beer_Guy
I've often wondered if it would be a good or bad idea to start a petition to get it on the local vote to stop adding it to our water. I think maybe most people are too programmed by our "authorities" saying it's "good for us" that maybe even a vote wouldn't stop it.

sadly people are so ignorant and trust so much established ideas like that of how fluoride is good for their teeth that it would be very hard to even get a vote.

BUT... if a new major force in society would appear and start demanding fluoride free water through petitions/votes and protests ect. sooner or later the gov will have to deal with it and stop adding it and similar events like this already happened in certain few parts of the country but for the worst this type of event is far from happening due to the very depressing fact that MOST PEOPLE are ignorant about how bad fluoride is and therefore the force im talking about is very very small as of right now but is really up to the few ones like us to spread the knowledge.

starting a petition is really useless if you think about it because most people wont support it because of their lack of awareness on fluoride but on the other hand the only one thing that can help is promoting awareness about it and letting people know how much of a poison fluoride really is and if the message is efficiently sent across the people will automaticly start complaining about it.

if the average western world citizen had a good understanding of what fluoride is really all about there would be some nice chaos in many places in the world but as of right now even though this awareness is growing is still going too slow and most people i personally know including so called intellectuals and even dentists really dont know much or even care about fluoride.

the first step is to feed people the fluoride truth and then start petitions.
do it backwards and it will be a waste of energy but hey nice thought though.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacman
May I suggest a solar distiller. I am hoping to get one. You can buy or make your own if made properly.

i checked a few sites about it and the thing sounds very promising but i still didnt found anything related to fluoride cleansing using a solar distiller.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   
lol it seems people dont really know how bad fluoride really is to even care about it much tsk tsk tsk.

i guess the conclusion of this thread is what hardtoget posted.

i will research more about this on my own to see how far i can get about going fluoride free.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   
[edit on 13-6-2006 by chitawoodie]

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
[edit on 10-7-2006 by chitawoodie]

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Everytime I see one of these threads, this always pops into mind...:

General Jack D. Ripper: Mandrake, do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk... ice cream. Ice cream, Mandrake, children's ice cream.
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Lord, Jack.
General Jack D. Ripper: You know when fluoridation first began?
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: I... no, no. I don't, Jack.
General Jack D. Ripper: Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Uh, Jack, Jack, listen, tell me, tell me, Jack. When did you first... become... well, develop this theory?
General Jack D. Ripper: Well, I, uh... I... I... first became aware of it, Mandrake, during the physical act of love.
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Hmm.
General Jack D. Ripper: Yes, a uh, a profound sense of fatigue... a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I... I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence.
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Hmm.
General Jack D. Ripper: I can assure you it has not recurred, Mandrake. Women uh... women sense my power and they seek the life essence. I, uh... I do not avoid women, Mandrake.
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: No.
General Jack D. Ripper: But I... I do deny them my essence.

Seriously, everytime I see a "fluoridation is the devil" thread, that exact conversation pops into my head, lol. If you can name the movie, I may even give you a cool point, redeemable for my praise =).

Mariella

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 7/10/2006 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Answer to movie is Dr Strangelove.

And for the Rebuttle to a claim you just made.

FLUORIDATION: A conspiracy so old, we think it's normal

Thanks to Loam on this outstanding piece of work here.

Again we differ, If god wanted us to have Mercury or Fluoride we would have made it some kinda mineral. Fact is this is about as crappy as the mercury shots we give our kids.

I want to make something clear. If this was as safe as you say it is.. or will say. knowing your track record on mercury shots..

Then why is it that these places oppose it?
American Cancer Society
American Heart Association
National Kidney Foundation
American Academy of Allergy and Immunology
American Diabetes Association
Society of Toxicology
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Activation Network
American Psychiatric Association
American Chiropractic Association
American Civil Liberties Union
National Institute of Law Municipal Officers

[edit on 7/10/2006 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I never said it was safe, never said I support it, never said it was okay, and never said I drink fluoridated water...I just posted a funny quote from a movie I enjoy.

Nice soap box, though. Those words you put in my mouth were tasty, too =)

Mariella

<<   2 >>

join