It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My obsession with ATS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Hey omega1

One more post in the right place and you'll have 10,000 points!

(Intermittent reinforcement theory).

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 10:35 PM
link   
"Or I was waiting for someone to mention the first key step in a 12-step program, which has to do with recognition or denial, or some such."

Do we need to do an intervention?

Well, first you have to want to give it up. HA.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Well getting these trinkets, like points, insider recognition and the like doesn't help.

For MA: www.netaddiction.com...
there my brother, may you to accept God in your life and become centered. To purify your soul I urge you to take this test:

www.netaddiction.com...

My God shine Through You.

edit- WOW DR farewell post made it here. I copied it down for posterity. Good luck DR!

and for MA:
10. How often do you block out disturbing thoughts about your life with soothing thoughts of the Internet?

lmao

[Edited on 21-10-2003 by ktprktpr]

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 10:51 PM
link   
ktprktprktprktpr

Result for MaskedAvatar:

"You are an average on-line user. You may surf the Web a bit too long at times, but you have control over your usage."

I answered honestly, but maybe some of the questions ought to weigh more than others.

I don't have a problem. Honest. Just a few more minutes, etc etc.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Yeah, I too am addicted to ATS. I'm supposed to be working on my comic book right now but, I can't get off the board. I'm never going to finish it at this rate.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Shadow,

You need to break away from this place for awhile. Do you really want to become just like one of those people who sit online 15 hours a day and obsess about maintaining their ATS alliances/friendships? Do you really, ever, want a list of friends that is dominated by ATSers?

I'm not being mean, just saying that you really shouldn't be hanging out on ATS all day. It's a place to get some info and different perspectives, but nowhere to live... after all, about 80% of the info on this site is bogus (no offense intended). Seriously, if there's nothing to do in your town, take the train downtown and catch a ball game. If you really want to know about conspiracies, politics, UFOs, etc, go to your library/bookstore and read researched, well thought out texts on the subject. This place is GREAT for head-ups and esoterica, but it's really short on pure research and extended thinking.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I come here daily. It's more of a habit than an addiction. I tend to agree with Onlyinmydreams. I can only bare so much theory at the end of the day I'm looking for some facts and you aint gunna find much of that here. Lots of links though--love those links to obscure websites...it's better to find them here than to send hours searching google.

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I'm addicted to ATS too! The discussion just moves too fast for me to stop. There's no time to stop and catch up later on. I wake up at 6 in teh morning just to read the new posts. I come home after school and post as well. In fact, I do have some homework, and a test to study for which i should be doing right now, but I can't stop posting!!!!

With the addition of the points system, store, new forums, and all these interesting new members, this place is just TOO much fun.

[Edited on 23-10-2003 by Saucerat]

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I am always on the computer doing school related bs. ATS while entertaining is good at distracting me. I have been looking at my assignment for the past 3 hours and have posted more than I have written for my assignment. My deadline is in 11 hours so if I can stop posting and reading maybe I have a chance of finishing this freakin school work.

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 11:43 PM
link   
It's okay jrod, you're not alone.

Dangit, I stil lhave to finish my Mandarin homework. and then there's that english test tommorow, argggg...

Oh well, I'll finish my mandarin tommorow morning (using up my precious ATS time
) and I'll probably study in math calss. It's not that hard anyways, and I don't need to pay attention in math, since I'm already waaaay ahead.

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Im working on atmospheric chemistry. It is impossible, the questions are so vague and I haven't a clue where to start on any of them. Here is an example
this is only 1 question of many) Any one got any answers? (j/k)

6. 8 Sinks of atmospheric CO2 deduced from changes in atmospheric O2 Measurement of the long-term trend in atmospheric O2 has been used to determine the fate of fossil fuel CO2 in the atmosphere and the relative
importance of uptake by the ocean and by the biosphere. We describe here the principle of the method.
1. We first examine the O2:CO2 stoichiometry of the individual CO2 sources and
sinks.
1.1 The mean stoichiometric composition of fossil fuel burned is CH1.6 (1 part carbon for 1.6 parts hydrogen). We view fossil fuel combustion as a stoichiometric reaction where CH1.6 is oxidized by O2 to yield CO2 and H2O. Show that 1.4 moles of O2 are consumed per mole of CO2 emitted by fossil fuel combustion.
1.2 How many moles of O2 are produced per mole of CO2 taken up by the biosphere?
1.3 Is any O2 produced or consumed when CO2 dissolves into the ocean as CO2.H2O/HCO3-/CO32- ?
2. We are now equipped to use the method. Observations from July 1991 to July
1994 (3 years) indicate a 3.2 ppmv increase in atmospheric CO2 and a 8.8 ppmv
decrease in atmospheric O2. Global fossil fuel combustion during this period
was 6.3x1012 kg C yr-1.
2.1 If fossil fuel were the only process affecting CO2 and O2 concentrations during the 1991-1994 period, by how much would these concentrations have
changed?

2.2 From the observed trends of atmospheric CO2 and O2, determine the fraction of CO2 emitted from fossil fuel combustion over the 3-year period that (a) was
taken up by the biosphere, (b) dissolved in the oceans, (c) accumulated in the atmosphere.
[Source: Keeling, R.F., et al., Global and hemispheric CO2 sinks deduced from
changes in atmospheric O2 concentrations, Nature, 381, 218-221, 1996.]

[Edited on 23-10-2003 by jrod]

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by theshadowknows
I have a bad case of ats obsession. Somtimes,when I am sleeping,I even dream crazy dreams about ats. I think i've had some people hear me recite screen names of people here on ats. I think alot of people here have an obsession with ats. I guess I never will understand what makes a website so addictive
. Usally,I spend from 3:30pm(when I get home) to 8:00,and thats only because other people in my house want to use the computer,or I probally would not get off till early in he morning.Most of the time on weekends,I stay on till about 5:00 in the morning (thats over thirteen and a half hours!) anyways,I just wanted to share this with ats to see if anyone could relate.

~TSK~

[Edited on 10-21-2003 by theshadowknows]

Goddamn, hahaha, get a life. No offense, but really, go out and get a job or something.

I spend about 2-3 hours a day on ATS, off and on depending on how busy I am in the day.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join