It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Embedded CNN reporter doubts Haditha charges…

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Wait, so she wasn't there, but says the people who were are wrong? I don't understand, your Military says they did it, the other Marines say they did it, the people who saw them do it say they did it, but one woman who wasn't there says it didn't happen and you believe her?

How does the saying go, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you?

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I have to agree with WithoutEqual. If this did indeed happen as being reported, it was under order of higher up(s). Higher up(s) who are now only concerned with making sure those following their orders are the scapegoats.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Embedded CNN reporter doubts Haditha charges…

I don't see how anyone in thier right mind can conclude that "Embedded journalism" works and is objective. It doesn't... at all.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   
The first casualty of war is the truth. While it may not be easy to swallow, the US is totally in the wrong to be in Iraq. We a aggessors in an illegal war, and piles of evidence point towards wide-spread atrocities and war crimes being committed by our troops. I am sure it will all come out in 20 years or so. More than a few "bad apples" I am afraid, rather a culture which has devalued Iraqi life to the point that our troops are wantonly massacaring civilians and torturing and murdering innocent internees.

I don't "support the troops".

Flame away.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yumi
Wait, so she wasn't there, but says the people who were are wrong? I don't understand, your Military says they did it, the other Marines say they did it, the people who saw them do it say they did it, but one woman who wasn't there says it didn't happen and you believe her?

How does the saying go, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you?

I never said I did believe her buddy.

See, you civilians don't understand, that pretty much anyone outside of Spc. Forces, have zero and I mean ZERO autonomy. If your running a convoy, and stop for even a few min, people back at HQ know about it, and trust me their on a radio asking WTF your doing, unless you happen to be in a (dead radio zone) where comms won't go through And this isn't one of them. So that just say they "turned the radio off" first thing the brass does is consider you AWOL, and it's all down hill from there. What I'm getting at is you can't even get away with doing something "on your own" for 10 min, without tons of cussing over radios, threats, blah blah. Basically you have a crap ton of ringknockers sitting in the AC behind the wire micro-managing how you urinate from 200 mi. Believe it or not people even have to account for spent ammo these days, I'm not kidding either. So this "These guys went crazy and all rambo on civilians, and no one above Staff Sgt. knew about it" junk is B.S. Any vet that says otherwise is a damn liar.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by opensecret1150
The first casualty of war is the truth. While it may not be easy to swallow, the US is totally in the wrong to be in Iraq. We a aggessors in an illegal war, and piles of evidence point towards wide-spread atrocities and war crimes being committed by our troops. I am sure it will all come out in 20 years or so. More than a few "bad apples" I am afraid, rather a culture which has devalued Iraqi life to the point that our troops are wantonly massacaring civilians and torturing and murdering innocent internees.

I don't "support the troops".

Flame away.

Good for you. By the way, nice job being blind to the thousands of Iraqi dead at the hands of IRANIAN, AND SYRIAN insurgents. Don't get me wrong, theres blood on our hands, but they have it on theirs as well. Folks like you amaze me, somehow, to you this is worse, and more of a crime, than a syrian car bomber killing 40 children at school. I suppose the car bomber was just a poor freedom figther trying to protect iraqis by coming from his country, to theirs, and killing their kids. That's also not forget that bad habit of iraqi civilians to take their daily stroll right in the middle of a firefight, or their habit of staying inside a building right next to a enemy position. By why should I waste my time on you, we're all bad guys, and everyone killed or captured by us is innocent, ok great.

What is it in the human mind that decides that a side in a war is right, and the other wrong? I happen to think if you've fallen to the level of killing someone for profit, or a political differences you're no better than a dog.

War is great business, it just is. And you think it's all Bush's friends, and US Defense contractors making huge profits, and I also suppose you think AK-47 ammo, and rpgs, just happen to fall out of the sky and into "freedom fighters" hands? Please pal grow up. The people behind this war, don't want it to end anytime soon, not on our side, not on theirs, the moneys just to damn good, and in the end, the soldiers, and civilians, are just pawns in the worlds dirtiest business deal. Trust me folks, if Al Gore would have won, we'd still be in the exact same spot we are right now in Iraq.

Don't try to turn this around and claim I'm justifying anything, but I have to wonder, I never knew the ATS member roster was so full of bigots. Those poor arab's being raped and murdered by those evil whites, but screw Africa and those blacks, cause they dont' put anything in the tank in my car, and who cares about hundreds murdered on tape in the Ivory Coast, or the tens of thousands of dead in the congo, somolia, sudan, liberia, ect, ect, ect. No one cares about africa, cause what happens their, doesn't effect your pretty, ignorant, blissful lifestyles.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   
You have voted WithoutEqual for the Way Above Top Secret award.

Good job WithoutEqual... And thanks for putting it right where it is.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Good for you. By the way, nice job being blind to the thousands of Iraqi dead at the hands of IRANIAN, AND SYRIAN insurgents.

The "insurgents" are mostly Iraqis and the killing is a direct result of our illegal invasion, so we are responsible for those deaths too.

Don't get me wrong, theres blood on our hands, but they have it on theirs as well. Folks like you amaze me, somehow, to you this is worse, and more of a crime, than a syrian car bomber killing 40 children at school. I suppose the car bomber was just a poor freedom figther trying to protect iraqis by coming from his country, to theirs, and killing their kids. That's also not forget that bad habit of iraqi civilians to take their daily stroll right in the middle of a firefight, or their habit of staying inside a building right next to a enemy position. By why should I waste my time on you, we're all bad guys, and everyone killed or captured by us is innocent, ok great.

The fact is none of these things would be happening if we had not invaded, so again this is 100% the responsibility of the USA.

What is it in the human mind that decides that a side in a war is right, and the other wrong? I happen to think if you've fallen to the level of killing someone for profit, or a political differences you're no better than a dog.

War is great business, it just is. And you think it's all Bush's friends, and US Defense contractors making huge profits, and I also suppose you think AK-47 ammo, and rpgs, just happen to fall out of the sky and into "freedom fighters" hands? Please pal grow up. The people behind this war, don't want it to end anytime soon, not on our side, not on theirs, the moneys just to damn good, and in the end, the soldiers, and civilians, are just pawns in the worlds dirtiest business deal. Trust me folks, if Al Gore would have won, we'd still be in the exact same spot we are right now in Iraq.

I am in total agreement with you.

Don't try to turn this around and claim I'm justifying anything, but I have to wonder, I never knew the ATS member roster was so full of bigots. Those poor arab's being raped and murdered by those evil whites, but screw Africa and those blacks, cause they dont' put anything in the tank in my car, and who cares about hundreds murdered on tape in the Ivory Coast, or the tens of thousands of dead in the congo, somolia, sudan, liberia, ect, ect, ect. No one cares about africa, cause what happens their, doesn't effect your pretty, ignorant, blissful lifestyles.

I'm not sure what you are talking about? I did not mention anything about Africa because this thread is about Iraq.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
One kid knew the bomb was going to go off before it happened. Hmmmm, really sounds like a propaganda ploy to me.

- That was mentioned on our news last night too.

They said it is entirely possible that the area was renouned for attacks and that that was how come the claim was made.

It's also entirely possible that they knew an attack was going to be made (maybe they saw the IED being set up) and they still had absolutely nothing to do with it anyway.

On the UK's channel 4 news an ex-marine was interviewed saying the US forces had deliberately killed Iraqi civillians.

I don't know the ins and outs of this, unlike some I wouldn't claim to if I wasn't there, but I know enough about war to know that stories of 'our side always and in every instance good' and 'their side always and in every instance bad' are rarely if ever the truth of the situation.

www.channel4.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I don't know the ins and outs of this, unlike some I wouldn't claim to if I wasn't there, but I know enough about war to know that stories of 'our side always and in every instance good' and 'their side always and in every instance bad' are rarely if ever the truth of the situation.

Most of the time it is the truth. Unlike the enemy today, Western nations have to put a happy face on every battle or conflict. Unlike the enemy, there are numerous entities willing to paint us as the bad guys, they don't have to uphold the rules of war. They don't have to win the popular vote. They just have to intimidate. The media of today would have lost ww2 or atleast handed us over to the ussr.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join