It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get a Blog

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
BLAST!!! Not enough points. THWARTED AGAAAAAAIIIIIN!!!

Or I'll just make more posts.

Great idea you Three Amigos you

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Only one concern about the contest. AS there will be tons of blogs, many from the "lesser" members, those who aren't that well known here may have their blogs looked over sometimes. Like people like the Moderators and The Three Amigos will get plenty of views of course, but new members that haven't really made a name for themselves may not get quite as many views. How will that work out in the contest?

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Good point dark helmet. I myself am a generally quiet member and was thinking about this.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
How to get people to look at your blog. Think marketing. What is the most important thing your blog will have that can grab people's attention?

Still thinking?

It is your title. Your title will either grab them or loose them. First you have to know what your going to be talking about. Think about a particular topic, and then create your title from your topic.

For example: If my blog dealt with UFO's, a fairly good title would be UFO facts vs. myth instead of Mystery Lady's Corner. Or if you were dealing with the Illuminiti you could put something like Illuminiti's Secert Plans in action. Other titles specific to blogs could be End Times in the News, The mystery of the AntiChrist, or Searching for Ghosts. In all about you, if you were in a war why not a title such as my experience in Vietnam.

The more specific you get in your title, the more attention your blog will get. A good title can bring in members who normally don't read blogs.

An analogy would be to think about this as trying to sell an item on Ebay. The more specific you are with the title, the better your chances you will have selling that item. The better your blog title is, the better of your chance of catching someone's interest.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkHelmet
Only one concern about the contest. AS there will be tons of blogs, many from the "lesser" members, those who aren't that well known here may have their blogs looked over sometimes. Like people like the Moderators and The Three Amigos will get plenty of views of course, but new members that haven't really made a name for themselves may not get quite as many views. How will that work out in the contest?

Staff aren't in the contest. This is a competition though... You have to be the BEST to win. That's all there is to it.

Do the people who have "risen to the top" on ATS with quality work have an edge? YOU BET, and they earned it too.

ANYONE can "earn it" here. All the "better known Members" started out just like everyone else, a new Member.

The Member above has good point, it is marketing and your title is your "first impression".

Springer...

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Only one concern about the contest. AS there will be tons of blogs, many from the "lesser" members, those who aren't that well known here may have their blogs looked over sometimes.

This is true to a point, a very short one. New members are joining ATS everyday (heck, all of us were a new member once)... Some, through hard work and effort become more recognizable. Some members make a name for themselves in short order, while others take longer. It's a matter of style, post quality, and of course, post volume. I would look at the blogs as another avenue, much like the Podcast Forum for certain members to rise into prominence (if you think back through the development of ATS, I think you'll see this is the case).

So instead of worrying about new members being overlooked, we should be handicapping the next "ATS Star."

Like people like the Moderators and The Three Amigos will get plenty of views of course, but new members that haven't really made a name for themselves may not get quite as many views. How will that work out in the contest?

As has been stated... Staff isn't part of the competition.

Blog Monkeys, not just for a day in the life of this simian anymore...

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 03:01 AM
link   
What if we wanted to use 1000 of our own points to buy a fellow member their own blog?
I think that JackofBlades is a good bloke, and I'd like to hook him up with a blog.

Who can do that / Can it be done?

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Oh, I know that the Staff are not eligible, they were just the best example in my mind of Members that everyone knows. Not necessarily saying they were part of the contest. Also, I'm not worried about blog views for myself, but more for those that may have their own concern. I'm just that person that asked the question since noone else had. But thanks for the feedback, and good luck with the blogs everyone

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bripe Klmun
What if we wanted to use 1000 of our own points to buy a fellow member their own blog?
I think that JackofBlades is a good bloke, and I'd like to hook him up with a blog.

I'm assuimng you can buy one, and then U2U him the username and password? But if your unable to purchase more than one blog under the same SN, then the Staff may have to deal with this one.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
any word about whether we can have sound files and such on the page?

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I dunno about sound permanately on your blogs home page, but you could insert a music code into a blog, which results in the music playing when they open the page. Then you could just re-post the blog once it exits your main page of recent blogs. I'm considering doing that until something pops up for permanent sound.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
i was going more along the lines of a GIF banner with sound. Thats what i was currently working on for an intro.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Oh I know... I was just suggesting a temporary solution until tht tech is available... oruntil you figure out how to do it.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Gee thanks alot man! Just hearing you say that makes me remember that ATS is a community.

Keep on Denying that Ignorance Bripe!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
i just want to know what we arent allowed to do. i was going to aim really high(with the help of my friend going to school for coding), since i can create everything and he can get it up. that why i was wonderin is there any limitations

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Is it easy to learn how to customize the blog? I have never had a blog before, so I was curious if it would be easy to learn how to make one.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades

Gee thanks alot man! Just hearing you say that makes me remember that ATS is a community.

Keep on Denying that Ignorance Bripe!!!

No problem, man - just enjoy (and make sure you link to The Bripecave) it!

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   

mwah that is so sweet... I will do that too...anybody want some points? cos I'd rather give them away than lose them to inappropriate tagging lmao...nah seriously..anyone short? I will put in cos I have a blog phobia and I am also very blog iliterate...

that is such a sweet thing to be so charitable! Anyone want a case of coopers pale ale?? cos thats going too to make room for the vodka!!!!

lol

edit: pffft ruddy ruddy /quoty thingy

[edit on 2-6-2006 by NJE777]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by NJE777
mwah that is so sweet... I will do that too...anybody want some points? cos I'd rather give them away than lose them to inappropriate tagging lmao...nah seriously..anyone short? I will put in cos I have a blog phobia and I am also very blog iliterate...

Brilliant. Let's share the wealth!
I'll give my points to anyone that really wants a blog, but just can't save up the $$$...
(Offer not limited to one single person. Plenty to go around!)

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
The way NJE quoted all that, makes it look like I posted that
I had to go and look back to see if I really posted that or not.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join