It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Projecting into another consciousness

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
A online book that describes the method: Beyond Bedroom Guitar -- by Spencer Westwood

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
*Bump* 'Cause it's a great topic that needs more exploring.

STM

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: seentoomuch
*Bump* 'Cause it's a great topic that needs more exploring.

STM

A good time to "bump" it. Someone else started the thread below a few days ago about Astral Projection but did not go into transferring consciousness to another body.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think you did well to bump that 2006 post because it addresses the specific issue of projecting into someone else's body. It can only be discussed in a thread of its own. With the two threads running alongside each other, it should be interesting.

I believe that transferring our consciousness into someone else's body is quite easy to achieve and far more interesting. It does not necessarily have to be a human being ; it can be an inanimate object too. Whether it is a person or an object, when you are in there you really KNOW you are inside.

I try not to indulge in this, unless I have a reason to do so.

edit on 14-2-2016 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBandit795
It's pretty easy actually. To say it in one sentence... All you have to do is enter in a relaxed (alpha or theta) state of mind, and then see yourself stepping into the target standing in front of you and feel yourself becoming that person.

I know exactly what this is; as is called being an Empath. I have fought it for years; learning methods to block it as it drains ones own vital energy (you experience the other persons fears, anticipations read them and they become yours). Respectfully; I would never teach this ability (if reasonably possible) to another soul. One experience is enough traveling within this side show called life experience, but to encompass everyone's thoughts feelings within one psyche is too much; even as a known spiritual teacher sought after proved to be too great.
edit on 14-2-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

and have had limited success.

guess why?

good luck.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku

and have had limited success.

guess why?

good luck.

You have quoted part of the first sentence in the Opening Post written in 2006 : "and have had limited success".

Not sure the OP is still around to reply but please do tell us why he/she should only have moderate success.
edit on 14-2-2016 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: crowdedskies

I was hoping TheBandit would fill in for the OP myself.

Anyhow, guess we have free rein to discuss this.

My first question: Is seeing through someone else's eyes considered being in their consciousness? That I've done unintentionally many times. You know when you're thinking about someone that is close to you as in a family member or a spouse and wondering how they're doing as you are taking a catnap?

And then you see a counter at a department store or some other location. Later you find out that is exactly where that person was. Sometimes it would last for several minutes and I felt their feelings and as they moved around as in walking or driving I was right there with them looking through their eyes.

Is that projecting?

STM

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
You are not feeling the histrionic emotions of that individual (its past/present lives); you are just occupying the exact same space at the same time they are.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

So you are saying it is not projecting into another consciousness when we're looking through their eyes and feeling their feelings at that moment, right?

STM

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

So you are saying it is not projecting into another consciousness when we're looking through their eyes and feeling their feelings at that moment, right?STM

No. You are not seeing all of their past lives, family history; illness etc. No. You are seeing a moment in their concurrent emotional state; you do not want to witness anything further as you cannot help them, its against the rules. Everyone as an 'individualized' spirit has a path to enlightenment that includes specific lessons to be learned peculiar to their individual growth. You cannot interfere with these (short cutting) their learning process [not your job].

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Okay, thanks. I wouldn't want to see more either. One time I saw through a friend's eyes and she was having a fight with her spouse. Pretty intense emotions. And that was just in the current moments, it would be overwhelming to see their whole history. What would my experiences be called I wonder? Any idea?

Note: I saw a movie years ago that was about something very similar to this, it's called, "Being John Malkovich". Maybe I should call it the BJM effect?

STM

edit on 14-2-2016 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

a reply to: crowdedskies

I was hoping TheBandit would fill in for the OP myself.

Anyhow, guess we have free rein to discuss this.

My first question: Is seeing through someone else's eyes considered being in their consciousness? That I've done unintentionally many times. You know when you're thinking about someone that is close to you as in a family member or a spouse and wondering how they're doing as you are taking a catnap?

And then you see a counter at a department store or some other location. Later you find out that is exactly where that person was. Sometimes it would last for several minutes and I felt their feelings and as they moved around as in walking or driving I was right there with them looking through their eyes.

Is that projecting?

STM

I am only giving my opinion here and it may not necessarily be the answer to your question.

I would say that it qualifies as "projecting" because you were there at the location (say , at the counter of the department store). The question is :" were you in the person's body or were you tuning into their wavelength ?". In my view, there is a thin line between Telepathy and Projection.

During the catnap, the connection with the other consciousness may have been heightened. Hence you felt what they felt.

In comparison , let's say you are standing in a queue in a supermarket. You then deliberately transfer you consciousness to the person in from of you.How would that feel ? My experience is that the body weight feels different and then, when the person moves their arm or leg , you feel that it is your arm that has moved ( a very physical sensation). You then feel what they feel. My question then becomes : "who looks after ymy body while my consciousness is away ? The answer to that is that I must be going into auto-pilot mode.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Okay, thanks. I wouldn't want to see more either. One time I saw through a friend's eyes and she was having a fight with her spouse. Pretty intense emotions. And that was just in the current moments, it would be overwhelming to see their whole history. What would my experiences be called I wonder? Any idea? STM

You are an Empath (I would call it a cursed privilege) you need to manage your awareness of being so. You are dangerously OPEN to others frequencies and need to learn how to ground yourself against spinning hamster wheel scenarios (by others). I congratulate you but am commiserate to the circumstances.
"Being John Malkovich" is a great metaphor for the shared perspective (by others lacking full personality identity) working on a 1/2 floor found the mind tunnel of a true narcissist (Malkovich finally achieves fame as a Puppeteer) Hilarious and AVOID; rather be around a Plato, Socrates, Aristotle.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: crowdedskies
I am only giving my opinion here and it may not necessarily be the answer to your question.

I would say that it qualifies as "projecting" because you were there at the location (say , at the counter of the department store). The question is :" were you in the person's body or were you tuning into their wavelength ?". In my view, there is a thin line between Telepathy and Projection.

During the catnap, the connection with the other consciousness may have been heightened. Hence you felt what they felt.

In comparison , let's say you are standing in a queue in a supermarket. You then deliberately transfer you consciousness to the person in from of you.How would that feel ? My experience is that the body weight feels different and then, when the person moves their arm or leg , you feel that it is your arm that has moved ( a very physical sensation). You then feel what they feel. My question then becomes : "who looks after my body while my consciousness is away ? The answer to that is that I must be going into auto-pilot mode.

Yes, I see through their eyes, I do not control their body movements though. And yes, I feel the difference of the body build just as you do. And I feel as though while I'm just a passenger in their mind that my body is safe, that a part of me is still there half asleep in the chair.

Since you have an at will ability, a good test would be to project into a person's mind, maybe a volunteer friend and then you would get to see yourself and your condition from their eyes at the actual moment of the BJM. If you really want to that is, as I said it is just a random thing with me, whereas with you it's at will and from experience it's not always so great a thing being in someone else's body and feeling their thoughts.

Could you imagine BJMing Obama or Bush or Putin? Scary . . . .

Note: Would we be able to understand a foreign language speaking person's thoughts?

STM
edit on 14-2-2016 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
You are an Empath (I would call it a cursed privilege) you need to manage your awareness of being so. You are dangerously OPEN to others frequencies and need to learn how to ground yourself against spinning hamster wheel scenarios (by others). I congratulate you but am commiserate to the circumstances.

"Being John Malkovich" is a great metaphor for the shared perspective (by others lacking full personality identity) working on a 1/2 floor found the mind tunnel of a true narcissist (Malkovich finally achieves fame as a Puppeteer) Hilarious

and AVOID; rather be around a Plato, Socrates, Aristotle.

Empath, that's so true. Having a lot of empathy for people is very draining. My favorite way of perking myself up is to work in my garden, listen to music and sip on some white wine. What's your method of grounding yourself?

And yes, it is best to avoid the politicians. I like your choices.

STM

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

Lol! I forgot about this thread.

I haven't done this in a few years. At the moment I don't have the need for it. Usually I've used alternate versions of myself (to me that's more comforting than stepping into another person), although I did a borrowed genius session on Richard Branson once.

Later on when I start to practice lucid dreaming again, I'll attempt to do it in the dream state. I think the effect will be much more powerful then. When I'm do such a session from a conscious state I am still aware of myself as I am, my guess is for such a session in a dream state, I'll temporarily forget for the most part who I am so I can practice being the other person ( or alternate self) in other to copy their skills or abilities. (That's what I do it for).

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
You are an Empath (I would call it a cursed privilege) you need to manage your awareness of being so. You are dangerously OPEN to others frequencies and need to learn how to ground yourself against spinning hamster wheel scenarios (by others). I congratulate you but am commiserate to the circumstances. "Being John Malkovich" is a great metaphor for the shared perspective (by others lacking full personality identity) working on a 1/2 floor found the mind tunnel of a true narcissist (Malkovich finally achieves fame as a Puppeteer) Hilarious
and AVOID; rather be around a Plato, Socrates, Aristotle.

seentoomuch: Empath, that's so true. Having a lot of empathy for people is very draining. My favorite way of perking myself up is to work in my garden, listen to music and sip on some white wine. What's your method of grounding yourself?

Several just as yours: music (at ear splitting levels), whiskey chased with lite beer, and being of service here on this website to entertain (hopefully enlighten and never boor) an outstanding group of subscriber members. I am a painter so when in that creation mode will 'switch off' out of current time for hours. I read a great deal about very hard concepts regarding human existence and the politics thereof. Thank you for asking/sharing.
edit on 15-2-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBandit795
This is interesting (a thread of yours posted in 2008). I enjoy the OOBE experience because it gives me another perspective on this world. They are both just as valid/invalid as each other. The alternate is much more interesting as one is presented with ridiculous scenarios one has to grok with the unreality of this existance (totally different than this 3D experience) as in the other worlds there are no laws; it is a science fiction legal. The situations one finds oneself in would not happen here. I look forward to those travels every night because they are always unique and present a lesson for your soul. You are much further along in the understanding of this activity (awareness manipulation of the OOBE) than I; congrats to your achievement.
edit on 15-2-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: mytym

It's extremely rude and a practice of extremely negative energies... two extremes do not make a right for attempting to possess what is not yours.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
a reply to: mytym

It's extremely rude and a practice of extremely negative energies... two extremes do not make a right for attempting to possess what is not yours.

Innocently asking; what are you expressing? What two extremes and the attempt to possess without evidence?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join