It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bird Flu Epidemic is a Hoax - The H5N1 Scare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The headline Fearmongering For Total Control pretty much sums up how I feel about this whole Blu Flu nonsense.

Finally, the pieces of the puzzle start to add up. Not long ago, President Bush sought to instill panic in this country by telling us a minimum of 200,000 people will die from the avian flu pandemic, but it could be as bad as 2 million deaths in this country alone.

This hoax is then used to justify the immediate purchase of 80 million doses of Tamiflu, a worthless drug that in no way shape or form treats the avian flu, but only decreases the amount of days one is sick and can actually contribute to the virus having more lethal mutations.

So the U.S. placed an order for 20 million doses of this worthless drug at a price of $100 per dose. That comes to a staggering $2 billion.

Rumsfeld To Profit From Avian Flu Hoax

It's starting to look like there's a hidden agenda behind the manufactured avian flu scare that goes far beyond pushing needless and potentially harmful drugs that don't work anyway. I guess if you can't frighten people with a flu epidemic that never happened, you can limit the rights of travelers and collect private information anyway for the sake of nothing.

The entire bird flu scare is one of the most blatant hoaxes of recent times, and the popular media continues to reinforce the baseless story. You've been hearing about it for months and months now, and what's come of it? Next to nothing.

And nothing ever will, except possibly you losing more of your hard-earned freedoms.

We have been warned that anywhere from 200,000 (at best!) to 2 million people at worst will die from the bird flu. The bird flu epidemic hoax reminds me just how uncommon "common sense" is. Folks, where is the sound basic science here?

Bird Flu Hoax

the "toxic cocktail" of ingredients many of them include:

* Aluminum hydroxide
* Animal tissues
* Monosodium glutamate (MSG)
* Henoxyethanol (antifreeze)
* Sorbitol
* Sucrose
* Thimerosal, a toxic preservative that contains mercury (probably the worst of them all)

Therefore, when you consider vaccinating yourself or your family, I suggest you seriously evaluate the risks and side effects of the flu vaccine. Do you really want all those toxins injected into you and your family's bodies?

Does the Flu Vaccine Really Protect the Elderly?

The same pattern of CDC/WHO involvement has been followed in the US-fueled worldwide overreaction to H5N1 avian influenza. This bird flu cannot routinely affect humans in its current form (114 deaths to date in nine years). But the priority being placed on it as a potential threat to humans is obscuring diseases that are already worldwide killers: malaria, which kills more than 1 million people a year; tuberculosis, more than 2 million; and HIV/AIDS, more than 3 million. As the worldwide health network grows, promoted by US healthcare officials but involving public health agencies all over the world, I am concerned that there will be a simultaneous export of the American obsession with certain diseases while others are excluded.

The False Bird Flu Scare

Daily Show Parody

Fortunately, contemporary comedians can see right through this nonsense. Here are the links to Jon Stewart's scathing and brilliant Daily Show piece on bird flu. But I have to warn you that it may cause you to hurt yourself from laughing so hard, especially the World Health expert comments on the bird flu killing 150 million people and even funnier comment of George Bush on bird-to-people transmission.

Right Click and Save

How One Wicked Nation Can Kill Billions

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by eudaimonia
Rumsfeld To Profit From Avian Flu Hoax

Those PNAC guys... *slap on wrist*

Nice find.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Hrmm...somehow I doubt that it's a hoax when literally every peer-reviewed international medical journal has published studies and safety guidelines for bird flu cases. Here in Italy, ever since the Turkish cases, are required to use extra precautions with any suspect cases. I personally have seen the charts of the patients from Turkey and Romania in a clinical education setting. This is not a normal flu, as I have seen tons of those patients. This one is more acute. However, it lacks the ability to jump from human to human and probably will never gain this ability. Still, better safe than sorry. Eud, you will be the first person complaining that the government didn't do enough should this flu ever make the jump to human-human transmission.

MFP

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I doubt highly its a hoax. Are companie profiting on the news? yes.

However, unlike a sudden natural disaster like an earthquake or even say a Katrina level debacle, the country and the government has the luxury of time to prepare. Thats what this really is is preparation.

Ask yourself this and be honest: If H5N1 hits the US in a full blown pandemic, won't you be calling for the jailing of government officlas if they had done nothing to prepare for it given the warnings they recieved prior to to it hitting?

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsl4doc
Eud, you will be the first person complaining that the government didn't do enough should this flu ever make the jump to human-human transmission.MFP

bsl4doc, you are entitled to your opinion. But why do you insult Eudamonia? This is not the first time I've seen you insult someone who disagreed with you. It adds nothing to the thread except to devalue your credibility.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady

Originally posted by bsl4doc
Eud, you will be the first person complaining that the government didn't do enough should this flu ever make the jump to human-human transmission.MFP

bsl4doc, you are entitled to your opinion. But why do you insult Eudamonia? This is not the first time I've seen you insult someone who disagreed with you. It adds nothing to the thread except to devalue your credibility.

Please review most of eud's posts regarding anything involving myself or medical. He/she goes out of their way to demean anyone in the medical field. This gives me the impression that they either are afraid of what they don't understand or are just blowing hot air. I have little patience or sympathy for people who would rather "shoot first and ask questions later" in a figurative sense. There is no evidence to support a conspiracy behind H5N1 or related strains, and there is a plethora of evidence suggesting a real threat from a mutated strain of this virus.

Prego?

MFP

[edit on 5/30/2006 by bsl4doc]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
"Henoxyethanol (antifreeze) "

That is inaccurate I know 100% that antifreeze is ethylene glycol and propylene glycol is also used.

who ever came up with this clearly did not know what they were talking about.

Now I know for a fact H5N1 exists and has killed many many birds. Though I think the virus is mostly hype there is always a threat. Need I not remind you of the 1918 flu pandemic that killed millions. Even if we found a positive human to human case it would take 6 months to develope a vaccine and it is that time period in which it would spread through out the masses. I do not think however it will be as bad as what some say but it could be. I would keep an eye on it considering they may have had a few cases of mutation in Indonesia where 7 family members contracted it and died. the biggest populations at risk are seniors and children under 12 who have weaker immune systems. Most deaths will occur in old people and children. As for the rest of us I think our immune systems will be good enough to fight it off.

Now Tami-flu though not a "cure" will releive the symptoms of the virus taking stress of your body allowing to do more fighting and less suffering and will actually increase you chances of survival. Other then that it is useless.

new topics

top topics

join