It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Captured Terrorist Confesses to Beheading hundreds

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malichai
Has an appropriate amount of heads, and/or headless bodies been found? It sort of defeats the purpose if its not seen somehow.

Apparently so. I just did a quick goole using iraw beheaded found and came up with tons of hits. Just how many are dupilicates I do not know nor do I know the exact number here is one of them

12:02 p.m. March 26, 2006

BAGHDAD, Iraq – Iraqi forces found 30 bodies, most beheaded, near a village north of Baghdad on Sunday, in one of the bloodiest episodes in a cycle of apparent sectarian killings.
SanDiego.com

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Other stories had various numbers and were dated last year.

This says 15 and is from last year

[edit on 5/30/2006 by shots]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slaine01
Needless to say that if this is the way they treat their own troops then mass beheadings is not a surprise to me at all.

You are honestly not suprised that 'mass beheadings' are taking place, if indeed they are, in Iraq? Either this is an off the cuff remark, or we truely are becoming desensitized by the ongoing conflict.

A man wandering round cutting off people's head's is not a run-of-the-mill occurance, in whatever context. If we really are now 'not suprised' by such events, then one can only assume that we now also view them as the norm. Seeing as how such actions are always perpetrated by 'them', am I also to deduce that we now see the majority of insurgents as agents of decapitation?

Things like this should suprise you because it is not rational human behaviour, if it is true of course.

[edit on 30-5-2006 by KhieuSamphan]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Although I agree with you , once I get permission from a Moderator to post the link I mentioned , then you will see where my comment came from.
I am appalled that this is happening but, as stated, if this is the "norm" even towards their own military what chance the civilian population?

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   

BBC - 6/6/6

Meanwhile police said nine severed heads were found near Baquba to the north of Baghdad - days after a similar discovery there.

I am really beginnig to wonder what the flip is going on in Iraq, particularly in light of the main story that the above passage is taken from :

The bodies of 6,000 people, most of whom died violently, have been received by Baghdad's main mortuary so far this year, health ministry figures show.
The number has risen every month, to 1,400 in May. The majority are believed to be victims of sectarian killings.

The number has risen every month, to 1,400 in May. The majority are believed to be victims of sectarian killings.

But observers say the real death toll could be much higher.

Roughly 50 murders a day for May...Iraq must truely be a tinder box waiting to explode.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Just how civilized is this new Iraqi government? Do they follow standard western police proceedure, or is beating confessions out of suspects in the SOP manual?

An answer either way could explain much.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Iraq, another stain upon the soul of mankind. I mean really, is there any need for all this?

Fancy doing some killin'? Come to Iraq!

I despair sometimes!!

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I think you guys are drawing too many conclusions, were just going have to let time solve this one out.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Life is cheap over here. Kidnapping is big business, ransoms paid out on a daily basis.

According to Muslim beliefs a beheaded body will no ascend to paradise.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan

This question has been asked about these people - Shankill Butchers.

Very nasty group of people indeed. Their behaviour has been likened to that of mass murderers, rather than the 'freedom fighters' they would liked to have been perceived as, yet they are, reputedly, revered still within some sections of the nationalist community in Northern Ireland.

[edit on 30-5-2006 by KhieuSamphan]

Hey that link was a great yet disturbing read, thanks for that, hadnt heard of the shankill butchers before.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join