It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did Bob Woodruff go?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Does anyone know how Bob Woodruff is doing?
He seems to have dropped off the radar screen.

I got the impression that he may not return to ABC news when Charlie Gibson took over the anchor chair.
I like Gibson and he should do a good job, but was wondering about Woodruff.

Below is some information, some of it duplicated in other places, but there’s not much said about Woodruff nowadays.

detnews.com.../20060208/ENT02/602080423/1034

02-08-06
"ABC World News Tonight" anchor Bob Woodruff, who grew up in Bloomfield Township, is still sedated but is making progress from injuries he suffered from a bomb attack while covering the Iraq war last month.
Woodruff, 44, and his cameraman, Doug Vogt, 46, were wounded Jan. 29 when a roadside bomb exploded near the vehicle they were traveling in near Taji, 12 miles north of Baghdad. Woodruff suffered injuries to his upper body, face, neck and shoulder.
"He's still sedated. The reason for that is to keep him quiet and calm so he can heal faster," said Woodruff's older brother, Dave.

www.wjla.com...

Thursday March 16, 2006 2:58pm
ABC News anchor Bob Woodruff was transferred Thursday from a naval hospital in Maryland to a facility closer to his New York home as he continues to recuperate from injuries suffered in a roadside bomb attack, ABC said. The network wouldn't say where Woodruff was being hospitalized. He lives in Westchester County north of New York City.

The transfer reflects "continued progress in all respects,"

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I have heard nothing new except for what you posted. The same doctors that worked on him are now working on Kimberly Dozier, the most recent journalistic casualty in Iraq.

I doubt if he will ever be able to perform his duties at the prior level. His injuries were very severe.

So many of these stories quickly drop off the radar screen to make room for the latest news.

new topics

join