It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why haven't we had anymore terrorist attacks? Where are the "terrorists"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
What if there are no terrorists?

What if Al-Queda does not exist?

The CIA-trained operatives posing as terrorists now that´s another matter.

"Blame it on the muslims ofcourse..." The Long Kiss Goodnight. One big pool of patsies...

What´s the matter with us? What´s the matter with people still believing all the lies I wonder. No matter. The truth will prevail in the end as it always does...

What exciting times we live in, don´t you think? History in the making... Listen to "For what it´s worth" by Buffalo Springfield... "There´s something happening here..."

Now I know what my parents must have felt when they protested the Vietnam war.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Terrorist thrive on weakness. Following 8 years of do-nothing Clinton, terrorist felt that the U.S. was weak. They were dead wrong!

I feel if America elects another weak Democrat President the terrorist attacks would begin immediately. As long as Bush is in office I feel safe! Because...after all...Bush is protecting your butt, whether you like it or not!

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Why Al Qaeda Won’t Strike the Same Place Twice

All you pro government people don't take this the wrong way; but haven't you noticed that whenever there's a terrorist attack the government support "rockets". It happened after 911 it happened in London with July 7. Now this is probably a perfectly normal reaction which dates back to hunter gather times. When people are attacked they unite around their leader; fear unites.
And if it weren’t obvious enough nearly every time Bush (or sometimes Blair) makes a speech they mention the world "terrorist" at least once.

I don't know but maybe reality is finally starting to sink in. You would of thought that being peoples who live kind of like hunter gathers they would be more familiar with how crowds and populations behave when attacked. Sadly this doesn't seem to have been the case till recently. If I were a terrorist I would be getting kind of pissed with being used as the reason for justifying a foreign policy I am prepared to die fighting against.
However there could still be room for terrorism. The trick would be to direct it against our leaders directly. That way if we do unite around them at least it’s only at their funeral service. In fact who knows maybe it would make the terrorists kind of popular with many of our own people? Could even turn Al Qaeda into a bit of brand name (just not for Western woman's clothing alright!!!).

Terrorism is so good at uniting our people around our leaders that I do actually wonder if the government is ever behind it (especially as it’s our people and not them who keep getting attacked). However the very fact such a thing can be wondered is proof of the stupidity of terrorism (or at least the current kind).

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984
All you pro government people don't take this the wrong way; but haven't you noticed that whenever there's a terrorist attack the government support "rockets". It happened after 911 it happened in London with July 7. Now this is probably a perfectly normal reaction which dates back to hunter gather times. When people are attacked they unite around their leader; fear unites.

Thats not always the case though, look at the First Gulf War for example. The Iraqi people didnt exactly rally behind Saddam after the butt whopping the coalition was handing out. With exceptions of groups like the Republican guard they bailed on him in great numbers.

It really depends on the culture, the leader and the enemy faced.

But more often then not I would have to agree attacks tend to unite the people that get attack. Petty difference for example Conservative-liberal pale and become pretty stupid when attacked by a common enemy. Like President Reagan "fantasy" of what would happen if earth ever came under attack by a E.T force. The earth would likely unite in away it never has before in history.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 03:07 AM
link   
i guess think of how long it took to plan the first attacks. with how many of their people we have killed they would want to do something that is just as big or bigger than 9-11. i imagine they are more angry now than they were before...but who knows.

Cherrio!
Digitalgrl

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I agree with Shadow that there is no need to travel to america to kill evil hate-mongering riff-raff when they drive past the door anyway.

And isn't it said; "if you don't go looking for evil, evil will come looking for you"...?

[edit on 31-5-2006 by Ghaele]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I don't know the answer to this question, but me and my uncle were discussing this a few weeks ago. (btw, there are lots of terrorist attacks worldwide; I think the poster meant in the United States, ala 9/11 style) Basically, we both came to the conclusion that the terrorists are really dumb. Think about it. How easy would it be to set off a biological weapon in a public place? How easy would it be to put a bomb in a public place? Put the goods in a briefcase, walk onto a subway, and you could kill a few hundred innocents. (I'm certainly not advocating this, just pointing out the possibility) They could leave a bomb in a 24-hour convenience store and blow it away, or leave it in a fast food place or something. That wouldn't kill a lot, but it would sure strike terror into people, much the same way those two Washington snipers did awhile back; people would be scared to go outdoors.

The only possible reason we could think of that no terrorist attacks have been committed on US soil, at least by bin Laden's people, are that there aren't any left, and they are all stuck in the Middle east. I don't know how likely that is, but it would explain why.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 03:33 AM
link   
There haven't been anymore terrorist attacks becuase the gov't knows everyone is on to them. This isn't a war on terror, it is a war on dissent. The repub's did 911 & the dems did Oklahoma. All the countries in the IMF are bankrupt dictatorships and the populations are waking up. The axis of evil are the only countries not under control of the world bank.
DON"T TAKE THE RED PILL!!! you will never be able to sleep.
Ignorance really is bliss, I wish I took the blue pill and could still be a happy ignorant slave.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 04:50 AM
link   
.....They've all moved to IRAN!

Yes, that's right, their all over there making people wear coloured badges, training their suicidal kids, building nucleur weapons....

....There's only one thing to do, only one viable intelligent way to stop them...

....Nuke'm!

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Counter-terrorism is a pro-active practice. With regards to counter-terrorism within the United States, much of what is done to stop terrorist acts the public never hears about. Failures and tragedies make great news, but stories of success and justice sometimes fuel the fire.

So who's to say there hasn't been plots to attack the US in the past 5 years (Here's a hint, there has been...quite a few actually). Heaven forbid anyone admit that the government's actions actually are keeping us safe on some fronts.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Simple: They will come out when Bush & Co. need them.

Anyday now.

Brilliant!!

I was going to suggest they were all being held throughout Europe in CIA camps or Guatanomo Bay et cetera.....ready for quick dispatch when needed.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I can only assume the person that started this thread is only considering america and hasn't put in proper research before submitting this thread, there have been several.

There is a world beyond your shores believe it or not.

You apitomise the worlds view of a stereo-typical american, self centred and righteouse. (not my view, everyones individual is mine)

[edit on 31-5-2006 by DevoidSoul]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Like I said militaries are useless anyone inside any nation can release reverse a biological attack or bomb.All it takes is one person.Biological attacks can wipe out millions if released in the air and they can be made at home by scientists useing homemade.That's what I read.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

They will come out when Bush & Co. need them.

When Bush is low in the polls

He's been low in the polls for well over a year now and there
has been no major terrorist attack on American soil. So I guess
that shoots ya'll right out of the water.

Where have the terrorists been since 9/11? Let's see...
they were active in Bali, and in Spain, and in England ....
Remember those... the Bali club bombing, the Spain train
bombing ...

Of course they are VERY active in Iraq, Indonesia, India etc.
(**graphic picture warning!)
www.thereligionofpeace.com...

WHY haven't they attacked here? Simple - OUR anti-terrorist
efforts are working. It really is that simple.

To the author of this thread - but don't worry about them going
away anytime soon. They are all hyped up, willing and eager
to kill YOU and the rest of us -
www.theaustralian.news.com.au...

[edit on 5/31/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   
flyer- i always seem to agree with most of the things you post. i couldnt have said it better myself

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Bali isn't clear, it was not terrorists who did it, it is complicated to say it now, look for it. Secret agency did it. Mossad/CIA/MI6.

9/11 isn't terrorists who did it. Plenty of proofs.

London bombing. Not terrorists. Sorry. MI6.

In Iraq there is resistance, not terrorism as a lot of people say it here.

In afghanistan, resistance. In palestine, resistance.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
In palestine, resistance.

Im sorry when you blow up buses of civilians thats not resistance thats terrorism plain and simple. You blow up a military transport or any military target then yes that would be resistance.

When you target civilians its all about trying to instill fear in people = terrorism.

Just like the Russian school hostage incident. The people behind it might have thought they were resistance fighters but the second they started killing childern they became terrorist.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

The web-site's assertion that those attacks were religiously-motivated is a false statement. Basically, the site just takes all violence in Muslim countries and calls it religiously motivated. Hey, we can do same thing by taking all the violence in America and calling it Christian-motivated. I assure you that such a list would prove much, much longer.

Originally posted by ShadowXIXIm sorry when you blow up buses of civilians thats not resistance thats terrorism plain and simple.

Terrorism is a form of resistance, perhaps nto honorable, but it is nonetheless.

[edit on 1-6-2006 by Jamuhn]

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
And it is the only way to them to resist because Israël don't want to talk, they want to have what they want. They don't want diplomacy, because they have a better army and nobody oppose them. Just like the US...

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
First of all, the original post referred to the lack of terrorist attacks inside the US, not the rest of the world. Of course there are terrorist attacks in other countries!

However, I have to say that I definitely do not buy the "our anti-terrorist efforts are working" argument. If they were, the White House PR machine would be reminding us about the successes of this program just about every day. And why wouldn't they? It'd help Bush out in the polls, make Americans feel a lot safer, and generally help overall morale if there were a feeling that we were "winning" the "War on Terror."

But we don't hear about these so-called successes. Why? It's impossible to believe that even mentioning the success could compromise "national security." The fact that we haven't even had a MENTION of any successful anti-terrorist action makes me wonder.

As to the "why would they come here when they can fight us in Afghanistan or Iraq," I think that's a fairly specious argument. Why would they come here? Because it'd have a FAR greater impact to have another terrorist attack on US soil than another roadside bombing in Iraq.

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by infinite

Where have the terrorists been since 9/11? Let's see...
they were active in Bali, and in Spain, and in England ....
Remember those... the Bali club bombing, the Spain train
bombing ...

WHY haven't they attacked here? Simple - OUR anti-terrorist
efforts are working. It really is that simple.

[edit on 5/31/2006 by FlyersFan]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join