It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 trillion barrels of oil found in Colorado !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 04:25 AM
link   
www.stansberryonline.com...

G'day all,

The above link has an in depth explanation and analysis of the discovery of a 3trillion barrel oil reserve found 1,000feet below the Colorado Rocky's. It is in the form of shale oil, and US companies say they can get it out for as little as $10 a barrel when the current rate is $70 a barrel. The reserve will make the USA the single largest oil producing nation in the world, dwarfing all other nations put together by a factor of 4 to 1.

Here is a quote from the article with the official estimates -

"
* 8-times as much oil as Saudi Arabia
* 18-times as much oil as Iraq
* 21-times as much oil as Kuwait
* 22-times as much oil as Iran
* 500-times as much oil as Yemen "

I wonder what all of you may think in regards to this discovery as something like this will completely change the face of the USA, its foreign policy, military policy, economics etc.

Just take a second and think about the ramifications of it all - I aint no professional but I do understand how BIG this could be -

In regards to foreign poilicy, they could get the F@#K out of the Middle East once and for all. Asia too for that matter.

In regards to economics - they could pay off their deficit quiickly.

In regards to the military - they could and very likely will fund the military to a point where they will become totally unbeatable and supremely sofisticated beyond our wildest dreams.

This all has an enormous down side as many of you will understand - they will and I stress will, put themselves in a position to take over the world with their unlimited funds which will become available to them. Dont think for a second that there wont be spy satellites everywhere watching your every move, we might even get a base on the moon or even Mars, purely speculative of course but with unlimited funds comes unlimited military and economic power as does unlimited arrogance!

This could become the turning point in human history as we know it, we could possibly all prosper or on the other extreme, we could find ourselves running from a fully automated spy satellite and robotic droid planes such as "Skynet" from Terminator movie in an unprecedented expansion of their totalitarian one world government dictatorship.

As my signiture says.......

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 04:32 AM
link   
The shale in colorado is no secret. Unless some fantastic new methord of extraction has been developed though more energy has to be used to extract the oil than can be obtained from the oil via combustion.

more info on oil shale:
en.wikipedia.org...

there's no coverup here, lots of attempts at getting energy from oil shale mentioned.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kipman725
The shale in colorado is no secret. Unless some fantastic new methord of extraction has been developed though more energy has to be used to extract the oil than can be obtained from the oil via combustion.

more info on oil shale:
en.wikipedia.org...

there's no coverup here, lots of attempts at getting energy from oil shale mentioned.

It's actually been possible to extract it at 20 odd dollars now since the late 60'
s and pretending that it's expensive is just another way for the American government to avoid using it thus needing the expensive military machine to steal it from other sources.

Stellar

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Stellar, do you have any info bucking up your $20/Barrel claim? If the technology has been available since the 60's, yet hidden by the government, somebody would have figured it out anyway. That much oil, at that low of a cost, there is no reason why the Government would hide the fact so they could build up their military. If the oil could be extracted that cheaply, we would see many of the familiar faces at the top of the .military-industrial complex instead leading these trillion-dollar oil companies. S'all

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGoodDoctorFunk
Stellar, do you have any info bucking up your $20/Barrel claim?

Do you ever say anything when you do not have reliable ( if not solid) information backing up your claims? Assuming you have high standards , which i am going to give you credit for, why not give me the benefit of the doubt and assume the same for me?

The heavy syrup is either drawn out with heat or mined with machinery and then heated to transform it into usable oil. The production cost per barrel, $10 to $20, makes it competitive with conventional oil in the United States.

The oil sands didn't yield their treasure overnight. Suncor Energy of Calgary, the first company to begin such operations, in 1967, embarked on a major expansion in 1998, when the worldwide price of oil had plummeted to around $10 per barrel and the cost of producing from oil sands was still well over $20 per barrel. "It did take a lot of nerve," Chief Executive Officer Rick George recalls. The company continues to absorb risks. Early last year, a major fire cut Suncor's daily output for 2005 by 22 percent. Even so--in a measure of just how profitable this business is--Suncor saw a 14 percent increase in net income.

www.usnews.com...

Not exactly the same thing but very much the same principles and suppression of efficiency involved.

If the technology has been available since the 60's, yet hidden by the government, somebody would have figured it out anyway.

Why do you assume the government has to hide the information to prevent it from reaching the marketplace if the marketplace and the government are one and the same people?

That much oil, at that low of a cost, there is no reason why the Government would hide the fact so they could build up their military.

Without a reason for the armed forces Americans would not put up with offensive forces overseas but since Americans assume oil must come from somewhere else they put up with it. It's obviously not the only reason but it's part and parcel of it.

If the oil could be extracted that cheaply, we would see many of the familiar faces at the top of the .military-industrial complex instead leading these trillion-dollar oil companies. S'all

It would take me some time to explain it all to you but i guess I'll start by saying that there are many voices who do speak up without your friendly media people ever telling you about it.

Stellar

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Perhaps theres some plan is to use up all the oil in the Middle East then when thats all gone and those countries have little more then sand, then make use of the North American oil shale.

Between the US and Canada there is a insane amount of oil reserves in North America.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Perhaps theres some plan is to use up all the oil in the Middle East then when thats all gone and those countries have little more then sand, then make use of the North American oil shale.

My thoughts exactly, burn up outside resources first then when they are gone, you have rising superpowers like China over a barrel.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Between the US and Canada there is a insane amount of oil reserves in North America.

Wouldn't that be a turn of the tide. I wonder what the faces would be like if other countries ran out of oil eventually, and they all started bombing the US because we have a "tyrant" running the country? The plus would be that they're doing it for a spiritual cause, and they could put us under a "food for oil" sanction. Of course, this is all very unlikely, maybe even extremely unlikely, but it is an interesting thought.

So does this mean that every ATSer should start buying up land in colorado mountains so that we can pull oil rights?

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skibum
My thoughts exactly, burn up outside resources first then when they are gone, you have rising superpowers like China over a barrel.

Yeah that could be a very smart way to assure super power status for along time to come.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
That link was a little deceptive. There is nothing new about the oil shell in the rocky mtns. The artical did go on to talk about a new servay, and test drilling being done. There has been test studies going on and off for about 40 years, so unless some one has found an efishent way to extract the oil all of this is going to mean a bunch of nothing.

P.S.
An early setler came to the rockys and when bilding his house he found a neat looking rock with black lines in it. He decided to use this rock to build his fire place. The first time he had a fire in his fire place his house burned down.
And so was the discovery of oil shale.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
Wouldn't that be a turn of the tide. I wonder what the faces would be like if other countries ran out of oil eventually, and they all started bombing the US because we have a "tyrant" running the country? The plus would be that they're doing it for a spiritual cause, and they could put us under a "food for oil" sanction. Of course, this is all very unlikely, maybe even extremely unlikely, but it is an interesting thought.

Extremely unlikely IMO with the strength of the US military especially US Navy (since any invasion force would need to cross one of two large oceans) not even factoring in a huge pile of nuclear weapons or a large armed population.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
so if this is such a big deal and great news... why isnt on any major news stations? or is it?

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   

So does this mean that every ATSer should start buying up land in colorado mountains so that we can pull oil rights?

You could probably buy alot of land, good luck buying the mineral rights though.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
If the US had this much oil at thier disposal since the 60's at a measily $20 a barrel, I dont think US policies would have taken the path they have in recent years, never mind the last 40 yrs!

But what do I know ?

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I think we should be cautious about this story, especially considering the motives behind this link. Just from scanning it (I don't have the time or the energy to read every word), it appears that this is a corporation or similar entity trying to sell you on investing in oil shale and/or the companies involved in oil shale.

To rely on this information would be like relying on a company that sells gold telling you how valuable gold is going to be in 5 years.

Get my drift?

I actually pray that these figures are correct and that we can get off the crack that is foreign oil. It'd do a hell of a lot for our national security, economy, military and foreign policy. Of course it would also be a detriment to our investment in alternative fuels, hybrid vehicles, etc.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   
But how are you guys gonna extract it at an efficient rate? Canada can only manage 1 mil/b/d and our recoverable reserves atm are roughly 140 billion barrels, if it was so cheap, why haven't we extracted it long ago? Could it be that Saudi Sweet Crude was cheaper? Not really so anymore.

Our daily output is expected to double in a decade, maybe even less, Oil in the Mountains seems like it may be very hard to get at. The Extraction and Refining may eventually cost a good deal less then it is currently of which I cannot find any source that seems semi-reliable. (Any Wiki link or link from an unknown(and thusly untrusted)) source should be taken with a grain of salt. But my question is this. Is the cost of extracting debris included in the extraction cost? Or is there an accounting trick to make it seem cheaper then it really is to the laymen or joe blow speculative investor.

If I had the will power to actually look it up, I guess I could calculate how much energy is required and then estimate the cost based on that, but it's late. Maybe tomarrow if I remember.

EDIT: If anyone wants to help out by locating reliable information for different variables, then I would be greatful.

[edit on 8-6-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
maybe it cost 20 dollar a barrel to extract it back when saudi oil was 10 dollars a barrel years ago but would it still cost 20 dollars a barrel now or would you have to factor in inflation.how would you mine it would it be like a coal strip mine.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by timbradwell
like a coal strip mine?

Yes. Deep core is also a possiblity for deeper deposits, but remember, the more stuff you gotta dig out of the ground is added cost. It costs a lot of money, power, and fuel to move all the debris and shale around and I would like to try to find some concrete data to input into a cost equasion.

EDIT:
Also the deeper we drill, the more waste we produce and all the junk we dig out of the ground has to go somewhere, and that somewhere is usually in the most convient place possible for those who are trying to make money. Something to ponder. Increased liability could be a possible hindrance as well.

[edit on 9-6-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Well i guess this is a possibility but meanwhile they are retarding American industrial expansion with this expensive energy prices. How does it make sense for the consumer to pay an additional tax when the government could instead fund ( with taxpayers money ; now used to build aircraft carriers to close down ME production ) the development of American resources at no added cost to the consumer? The fact is the idea behind using other people's oil is primarily so they can waste taxpayer money on military arms which they can then also use for their own freedom destroying ends all around the world. In my estimation it simply has nothing to do with thinking ahead as they have been destroying the American economy since the 70's with these scams.

There is huge all reserves all around the world....

Stellar

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
That link was a little deceptive. There is nothing new about the oil shell in the rocky mtns. The artical did go on to talk about a new servay, and test drilling being done. There has been test studies going on and off for about 40 years, so unless some one has found an efishent way to extract the oil all of this is going to mean a bunch of nothing.

They have had very efficient methods since the 60's and that's without major government contributions or scientific effort. One of our local companies are actually making gas/diesel out of coal AND DOING IT ECONOMICALLY in SOUTH AFRICA. Imagine what a major power like the US could manage had it chosen to support such efforts.

Stellar

top topics

<<   2 >>

join