It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media caught out by Brigadier in East Timor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
One of the Australian TV stations, Channel 9, has been caught out trying to imply that the situation in East Timor is worse than it actually is.

Brigadier catches Nine off guard

Good work by Brigadier Slater to actually have the guts to get stuck into questioner. It just goes to show how an "unbiased" media actually does try to shape perceptions. In this day and age, do any media outlets have true impartiality? Or do all have their own agenda, whether it is pro- or anti-whatever?

[edit on 30-5-2006 by Willard856]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Good find. I do wish more news stations were caught like this. This has been one of my biggest beefs with the media in general for years now. It is actually becoming much worse to the point where people can actually call them on it.

Yes, even news papers have their own biased agenda whether it is how they word/manuiplate an article, or where they put it in the paper. Unfortunatly their retractions often go unnoticed leaving many to assume the wrong thing that was previously stated.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Yes saw the interview, jessica rowe annoys the hell out of me with her inane giggling fits. Seems she needs to work on her interviewing skills as well. Can imagine the news will be interesting tonight (about 3 hrs from now as im writing this), ill have to watch 7 to get their spin.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Yah, Media Wars in Australia - About time!!!!
Since Channel 9 is being run by an ex Game Show Host, I can't wait for next weeks installment.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Here is a video link to this "story". OOPS

top topics

join