It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cats out of the bag. Thankyou Tony Blair.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Finially. The man is good for something.

www.canada.com...

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I wouldn't get too carried away, if I were you. If you think the 'radical reforms' he has in mind will be benevolant in nature you have got another thing coming.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
No poo you don't say. I meant that he has given us disclosure on it finially. I plan on resisting how about you?

[edit on 29-5-2006 by Crazy_Mr_Crowley]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 29/5/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Wow.

I was impressed.

The illusion of something noble and what seems to be an intelligent answer to obvious problematic issues always seems to disquise the initial need for power and control.

But I would love to see the genicide tactics in Sudan to cease; unfortunately most people don't want to step in because there is nothing to gain - so my question is, what is to gain here for the noble one?

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
That was a pretty good read.
However, and as strange as it might sound, I do think a change in the UN Charter could be a good thing. If it had something to deal with terror, and supporting it, could be a good thing.
I have my doubts if it will happen, but oh well, to every thing turn turn.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   

He also argued that a UN with powers to sideline countries pursuing narrow national interests would be better placed to adequately focus on the world's many problems -- among them, climate change, slaughter in Sudan's Darfur, and the ongoing Arab-Israeli conflict.

Mr Blair argued the UN needs the "capacity to intervene militarily," citing the need to stop the killing in Sudan's Darfur region as an example.

Mr. Blair said the secretary general should also be given increased powers over management and spending, many of which reside with the General Assembly, where developing countries hold a majority.

nice. headline should be 'UN Worldcop program proposed by Fabian Globalist Antony Blair'

[edit on 29-5-2006 by AdamJ]

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crazy_Mr_Crowley
No # you don't say. I meant that he has given us disclosure on it finially.

Heh, Whoops! I sincerly apologise. I thought you were saying "Yeah this is great, nice one Blair". I should have payed more attention to you when you wrote 'the cats out of the bag' in the title. I'm such a Wreck-Mutant sometimes.

Originally posted by Crazy_Mr_Crowley
I plan on resisting how about you?

Hehe. Well, if I were planning on resisting, I wouldn't say it on this forum, that's for sure.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Probaby. But these guys want a civil war. They know that the chances are slim for either side.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Ottowa Citizen
He also argued that a UN with powers to sideline countries pursuing narrow national interests would be better placed to adequately focus on the world's many problems -- among them, climate change, slaughter in Sudan's Darfur, and the ongoing Arab-Israeli conflict.[...]
"Occasionally, I look at our international institutions and think as I do about (the British) welfare state: the structures of 1946 trying to meet the challenges of 2006."

Wouldn't any of these things be addressable if the US and UK made a big enough stink about them inside the UN???

Also, what does he think that the UN can do, or rather what reforms are needed? The UN sponsors mediation between the Arabs and Israelis. Short of taking a side, what can it do?

And on Sudan, since the british and americans have the most advanced militaries and best ability to get involved in the Darfur, what does he think a responsible reform would be? Any UN military action would have to involve the UK and US as the main body. Just look at what went wrong in Somalia, there was reliance upon the UN troops. The 'command' was seperated into different units. Is blair suggesting that the US and UK have some of its military divisions put under direct UN command?

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Methinks all governments and govering organizations starting with U thend to suck.... US... UK... UN... and in all three it stands for united.... hmmm... maybe not just u...

new topics

top topics

join